L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking exactly the same.

But mine would have to be the WE and that would men selling off both my P226s and my MP7

Comment

• Re: ICS L85A2 - Afghanistan set up.

Since reading the review on the WE I've been thinking of picking the RA Tech upgraded version and running it off CO2. All the stuff on mine will just pass straight over.

I'd love another GBBR, had an M16 a while back and it felt and sounded great, but the performance was woeful so I had to get rid of it.

Doombull3t, it looks amazing with the UGL on it. Is it the Ares one you modded to fit? Was it difficult? I bet it must weigh a ruddy ton now... I think it's heavy enough as it is tbh lol.

I notice you've put a killflash on your ACOG, they're not issued are they? Or are you just worried about the lens getting shot out?
      Also notice you put the LLM on the bottom as is issued. I opted for the side mount 'cos I think it gives more hand space and I think it's easier to hold and support/shoulder the rifle with the grip pod mounted a little further forward.

Plus, I actually like the look of having it on the side, makes it look a little different.

The only crap thing is that the LLM controls are on the under side, so I can't see what setting it's on at a glance, I have to feel for it.
      Last edited by Airsoft-Ed; 10 July, 2012, 23:23.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
      : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
      AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

heres my ics l85. ive tried hard to get it weathered and battered right, any opinions on other marks or wears would be nice. and the lens cover is only for protection only as had a acog on my m4 shattered.
        hope you enjoy.

Comment

I like your wing mount, where did you find it? It took me ages to find mine. It looks a little better with the ridges in it.

Those rail ladders are nice as well, I like how they're slightly concave in the middle. Green wrap around the pressure switch is something I was told to do for authenticity as well.

Is your LLM the Element one? I'm having issues with the pressure switch... I have to twiddle the wire around for hours before I find the spot where it works. It's bloody annoying.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
          : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
          AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsoft-Ed View Post
            "Doombull3t, it looks amazing with the UGL on it. Is it the Ares one you modded to fit? Was it difficult? I bet it must weigh a ruddy ton now... I think it's heavy enough as it is tbh lol." It does look pretty fine if i do say so myself, it is still perfectly ballanced in the middle of the rifle, yes it is the ares/star ugl, wasnt to difficult to mod, if you take a look at my newly posted thread ive done a walkthrough on it.

"I notice you've put a killflash on your ACOG, they're not issued are they? Or are you just worried about the lens getting shot out?" dont believe they are issue, but yeah i dont want the lovely lens on it getting shot out
            "Also notice you put the LLM on the bottom as is issued. I opted for the side mount 'cos I think it gives more hand space and I think it's easier to hold and support/shoulder the rifle with the grip pod mounted a little further forward.
            Plus, I actually like the look of having it on the side, makes it look a little different.
            The only crap thing is that the LLM controls are on the under side, so I can't see what setting it's on at a glance, I have to feel for it." its quite comfortable where it is, hasnt got the original pressure pad either as you can see, i believe its for a different torch but dont quote me on that as the front end was built by RMcommando
            !

Owner of DCS
            (Doom custom shooters)
            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post

see that nice black barrel between your gas block and flash eliminator, that needs weathering, itsa massivewear spot on the rifles in our armoury

Owner of DCS
              (Doom custom shooters)
              PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Im trying to make one of these but with the ares just a quick one what is the bit either side of the doctor sight is it standard or did you mod it as I can't find any with that.

Cheers
                John

Comment

its a wing mount mate, you have to add it your self. if you want the one with the gap, you can get it from a said auction site but if you want a sold one then pm airsoft ed mate

Comment

@Doomball3t cheers mate, but is all other wears ok?, plus i wasnt trying to weather it too much as was going for the afghan look as i know that sum L85's and L7's wear re conditioned and re plated prior to been sent back out.

Comment

@Doomball3t cheers mate, but is all other wears ok?, plus i wasnt trying to weather it too much as was going for the afghan look as i know that sum L85's and L7's wear re conditioned and re plated prior to been sent back out.
                      Looks all good matey! most a2's are being left here now as the A3 has appeared

Owner of DCS
                      (Doom custom shooters)
                      PM me for Custom work!

Comment

A3's? whats the difference then?

Comment

Think they are changing the rail to a 20mm and getting rid of the susats plus something else with the front hand guard...cant remember what

Edit - looks like its getting an h & k ris

A3's? whats the difference then?

Comment

What the daniels defence rail front end there using already or a new 1?. and i asume the 20mm rail is because they are changing the susat for the elcon 4x scope (even tho the acog looks better and is tried and tested hense most nations use it now). so why are they changing to the elcan when the acog dones the same job? or the m.o.d trying to waste more money

Comment

the Acog was only bought in limited numbers aswell as E-Mag's i think it was call a UOR not sure though

Comment

yeah the emergency operations requirement bill, coz there where a few things brought in over that. not sure bout the E-mag's tho because as far as im aware they where changing over to them completely, i may be wrong tho.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X