L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

A 7.4v 800-850mAh LiPo is about all you'll get in there... unless you can find some bladed types?

Comment

I could fit a 1200 + 1300 mah nunchuck lipo in mine when i had it ....

Comment

Thanks, just wanted to know if I could manage an 11.1v but M4 Stock or Nunchuck appear to be winners. Cheers!

Comment

BTW, this what Madbull replied to me asking about Star/ARES compatible models:
          Planning now. We just got ARES samples.
          Not sure if they have been saying this since the first rails came out though.

Comment

• Firstly a friendly word of warning, have a look at the section of the rules regarding advertising

If you want to fit the Madbull RIS to your ICS L85 with zero messing around you need to buy it alongside the adaptor Madbull now make for it.

If your handy with a file/grinder then just buy the RIS alone, as the included adaptor with a tiny amount of modding will work just fine.

The sling loop securing for the ICS is different to any other including WE, and although it will fit with no probs, the WE has a full length screw that goes from one side of the handguard to the other, and that actualy does help to secure the RIS to the front end better, so i would recomend grabbing a full length securing screw from somewhere.

As far as being skirmishable with the RIS on, totaly, the RIS is as solid as a rock once fitted, so there are no worries there.

Comment

If i was to pick up a ics l85 with ris after christmas am i correct in saying the only way of using a 8.4v battery is via a peq box

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a rail mount like the Ares one for the G&G L85 as that's all I need to finish my L85 off. Tell me what to google and I can do the rest.

Many thanks,
                  George

Comment

• How do you mean "rail mount"

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      Correct.
                      thanks mate, right now i know what i need to pick up after christmas.
                      Ics L85a2
                      daniel defence ris with adaptor.
                      Tm battery box

then save for the scope rail and the spectorDR

Tisane you going to the christmas game on the 28th

Comment

• I may well do mate, went last year and almost killed myself after my Xmas lunch...lol

Comment

I have spectreDR so I need to put a 20mm rail onto the L85. Like the hornbill rise mount but flat and with a rail

Comment

• Ahhh i get ya...lol

I havent seen one made to fit the G&G or AA.

Only specific ones ive seen are ICS and Ares, and im sure (correct me if im wrong) wont fit the G&G

Comment

Firstly a friendly word of warning, have a look at the section of the rules regarding advertising
                              Yeah, I did receive a message about that earlier today. As a fairly infrequent user I forgot that references to other airsoft websites are not allowed. Won't happen again and thanks for the reminder.

Meanwhile;

If you want to fit the Madbull RIS to your ICS L85 with zero messing around you need to buy it alongside the adaptor Madbull now make for it.

If your handy with a file/grinder then just buy the RIS alone, as the included adaptor with a tiny amount of modding will work just fine.

The sling loop securing for the ICS is different to any other including WE, and although it will fit with no probs, the WE has a full length screw that goes from one side of the handguard to the other, and that actualy does help to secure the RIS to the front end better, so i would recomend grabbing a full length securing screw from somewhere.

As far as being skirmishable with the RIS on, totaly, the RIS is as solid as a rock once fitted, so there are no worries there.
                              Thanks a lot, that answers a lot of questions. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it all out when I've got the parts, but I've never had a chance to take a real RIS off a real L85. I'm curious as to how the whole thing attaches to the rifle.

I assume it somehow involves locking into the lower trigger mechanism housing/lower receiver by way of the adapter. But as you know the standard A2 handguard rests there, but also on the gas block (sure, it's not really a gas block, whatever), and to me it seems that the gas block and the rails that encompass it play a big role. Looks to me like since the RIS doesn't surround the gas block like the plastic handguard does, it doesn't use the gas block for any support.

Since there's no long sling loop screw going through the gas block on the ICS, what else is suppose to keep the whole RIS up? Surely it's not just held on at the back, attached to the lower TMH?

Like I say I'm sure it will all make sense once it gets here, but I can't visualise it right now.

Apologies if this post seems ridiculously convoluted/makes no sense. It's tricky talking about these things without having the thing in front of you!

Comment

• Firstly you need to get the RS fitting out of your mind.

Neither the ICS L85 or the Madbull RIS, fitting wise, bear any resembalance to the real thing.

Its realy simple though, with the adaptor you simply slide off the old hand guard as if you were changing a battery, split the gun in two, on the upper half once the handguard is removed there is a plastic part left attached to the reciever, this needs replacing for the specific adaptor for ICS/WE L85s, then you simply slide the RIS on as you would the old handguard, the front rails on the gas block that hold the plastic handguard steady also hold the RIS steady in the same way, then at the reciever end the its secured to the adaptor via a large screw.
                                A full length sling loop screw would then clamp the RIS tight to the front of the gun, hence the reason i suggest grabbing yourself one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X