L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ICS L85A2 - Afghanistan set up.

ACOG where bought as UOR, Elcan spectres were selected as part of the FIST (Furture Infantry SysTem)project to improve the sights used by the army. The ACOGs are difficult to repair due to design, the elcan are easier to repair.

Comment

one very slight knock and the zeroing on a ACOG is off too. Elcans can take a little more of a kicking.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Briiliant weapon system mate, as for additional wear, i'd advise trigger, pistol grip and but, as these are the areas youll always see wear on, on the real thing, what with sweaty hands etc, generally on the butt there will be little cuts and samll chunks missing. Whatever you do, dont tape up the cooling holes, only crows do that

Comment

Flash hiders and sights take a kicking on the real thing.

And second the above about tape.
          Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
            A3's? whats the difference then?
            They are keeping the standard top rail, it's been made longer all the way upto the end of the upper receiver though, susat is stil a commonly used optic in the uk for training purposes, so they would it swap it out when they already have rail convertors for the spectre, as the ck bettors raise the sight by about 3 cm to bing it to eye height, they have strengthened a lot of key wear points, ( the welding on the rear tmh has Been extremely improved, they've done c welds on the chamber where it attaches to the receiver) that's probable as much as I can tell you without being hunted down and CM'ed I have picture to prove there is an a3 aswell but Iam Not posting them on here

Owner of DCS
            (Doom custom shooters)
            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by bish25234667 View Post
              Briiliant weapon system mate, as for additional wear, i'd advise trigger, pistol grip and but, as these are the areas youll always see wear on, on the real thing, what with sweaty hands etc, generally on the butt there will be little cuts and samll chunks missing. Whatever you do, dont tape up the cooling holes, only crows do that
              cheers mate, as for the grip, trigger and butt i kinda left them as they will wear with use. since ive been using it the edges of the butt are almost a warn dark green. still need to ware the barrel down a bit too. as for the tape across the vents, i always thought that looked dredfull anyway.

@Stevey293, so wear specificly would it ware on a sight or is it just like all the edges and corners?

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO! There is no such thing as an A3. It is an L85A2. Just because a few parts of the body have been changed, it dosent make it a differant weapon.

The A1 was upgraded by H&K to make it more reliable, mostly by designing new internal parts. Now that is an A2.

Please make these new weapon designitions stop. :O

Comment

Weapons are usually 'reconditioned' by armourers using a thin paint called 'suncorite'. Even SUSATs and the swords are painted with this.

Wear is usually anywhere you might handle it, scratch when you rest it somewhere, and just where it will get knocks and scratches leaning on compound walls etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
                    NO NO NO NO NO! There is no such thing as an A3. It is an L85A2. Just because a few parts of the body have been changed, it dosent make it a differant weapon.

The A1 was upgraded by H&K to make it more reliable, mostly by designing new internal parts. Now that is an A2.

Please make these new weapon designitions stop. :O
                    i beg to differ: a3.jpg

No its not photo shopped its an actual A3.
                    The A3 has been strengthened internally aswell, i dont know the exact points but i believe its the trigger mech.

Owner of DCS
                    (Doom custom shooters)
                    PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Not according to Donnington or Bicester there aint. Not even the top bosses know anything about an A3. Bearing in mind these are the people who knew about the 60mm mortar system a few years before anyone else.

Nothing about it at the last 2 DVD shows either.

Comment

As mentioned its places you would handle. Or are prone to banging off things. When its slung to your back its pretty easy to forget how far the muzzle sticks out.

As for the sight yeah corners and edges. Although if im going to be 100% honest i think you've gone a tad too strong with the edge chipping on the rifle its self. Leave it quite patchy patch

Oh and if you have access too an airbrush a really light dusting of light brown will hide the shine and make it look a bit more used.

Comment

Cancel that too much comment was looking at the wrong one ooopsy

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
                            Not according to Donnington or Bicester there aint. Not even the top bosses know anything about an A3. Bearing in mind these are the people who knew about the 60mm mortar system a few years before anyone else.

Nothing about it at the last 2 DVD shows either.
                            This thing is brand new, I've only just been issued it from the armouries 2 weeks ago, they did the exact sane thing with the a2 aswell, it's also the same as the L129a1 aswell, no one knew about that until late 2010 when it was bought out and issued in June of 2010, your hearing it from the horses mouth,

Owner of DCS
                            (Doom custom shooters)
                            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Originally posted by sandbagfiller View Post
                              I've got an acog and waiting on scope riser coming from hong kong, but that's exactly what I had mine like in afgahn last year susat and old flash hider
                              Can you pm me where you got your riser from m8 please.

Comment

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

How do people fit batteries into the RIS? I can see how it might be possible if you disassemble it a bit and get it beneath the barrel but considering the pain and anguish it took to get the one on my ICS secure I'm not going to do that. I've got some incredibly tiny lipos (down to 7.4v 850 mAh), but I can't fit even those in. I've ordered a new PEQ battery box as the first one I tried wasn't quite big enough to take anything but custom lipos, which I don't like, but I'd rather get it in the RIS if possible. Will post some pictures once it's done, I think it's the only L85 I've seen with an AFG :P (don't normally like them, but on the L85 it fits really nicely, at least for me)

Further, is there a quick way to detach the trigger guard on the ICS? As getting to the RIS screw is deeply unpleasant with it in place, I had to tighten it with the blade of my knife.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X