L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Was just going to come in and go off on one but you lot beat me to it ha.... End of the day, position of LLM etc is users preference
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post
      End of the day, position of LLM etc is users preference
      mine is going on the scope mount rail then.... specterDR can go on the bottom somewhere out the way lol

Comment

Originally posted by ARPAT tom View Post
        mine is going on the scope mount rail then.... specterDR can go on the bottom somewhere out the way lol
        Go for it, fill your boots, make no odds in airsoft anyway to be fair
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

As far as extras go, I have a couple of real steel bits in the accessories for sale section you might like...

Comment

In my troop we had the SOP of llM mounted underneath the rail as opposed to on the side for the fact of when breeching compounds, breeching through doors and crawling through small gaps we didn't want the LLM crying on the sides, but like not things airsoft do what you want with it

Comment

how are you guys mounting the rs surefire flash hider as the front of the rs l85 barrel is a shallower profile compared to the airsoft ones i have the fh but am completely stuck now please help l85 in question is army armaments
              you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

Pretty sure most people with RS Flash Hiders are rethreading them to the 14mm thread. You can get hornbill copies that will go straight on which is much easier.

Comment

Yep. RS FHs do need re-threading for the ARES.

Comment

• Is it me or am I starting to see more and more single point slings used on L85s?
                    I'd rather drop the thing than use the standard one.

Comment

At some point along the line (I think it was at least by the introduction of Mk. 3) Osprey plate carriers started to incorporate a fastex buckle on the right shoulder, to which you could attach the rifle via a small strap that attached via the rear sling loop, like in this image.

Also what's wrong with the standard sling? I think it works really, really well.

Comment

From experiences with both style of slings I find that they both have good points and negative points. The one-point sling is good in combat as it's easier to drop your weapon and much quicker to 'shoulder' the weapon as the butt plate is only a couple of centimetres away from the shoulder. But with the standard issue sling it's much easier to work with your hands as you can sling the weapon across your back. As when the issue sling's unclipped it's much tighter around the neck and can pinch, but is still able to use. I have both slings and tend to use the one-point for everyday skirmishes but the issue sling for longer Airsoft events. In the end the slings come down to personal preference like everything in Airsoft.

Comment

anywhere got these new type slings? saw half a on the bay but no good if you dont have the other side haha
                          Originally posted by bravotwozero
                          Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

• Originally posted by EchoFox View Post
                            Also what's wrong with the standard sling? I think it works really, really well.
                            I just find it too restrictive, when unclipped and ready its tight, uncomfortable and catches on things attached to my vest.
                            With this type, if I'm simply humipng around I could have the gun just dangling infront of me, and if I'm using my gun it's unclipped and not hindering me in anyway at all.

Comment

• The new sling, if you can call it that....lol
                              Gun half

Vest half

Feels so much better than the issue sling, doesent get in the way of anything.

Comment

I've been wanting to find out what sling they use for a long time!

What sling is that Tisane?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X