Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Originally posted by sandbagfiller View Post
    My Star L85A2 with ACM RIS, Grip pod and Ares SUSAT. not sure i like the EMags

some real SA80's from work. Comparing the handguards and some close ups

appologies for the quality was taken on my iphone.

also the last post was suposed to say SUSAT not sussex damn iphone auto correct
    that is sexy lol +2 even more but dont wanna over do it lol

Comment

nice gat mate, but get rid of the susat and get an acog on it, looks better. To answer some questions, When units are given the new Grips and sights they keep them, some units will use rifles with the older hand guard just because it looks better (for drill), the rifle's you see marching do drill different to the rest of the army so thats probably why they have the older style hand guards on there. Ive got a question for ya tho, Do any airsoft companys make the new sharp shooter rifle and sight that they are starting to be equiped with? Wouldent mind one for a bit of sniping.
      He Who Dares Wins!
      ICS MP5 ( For Sale )
      CA M15A4 + M203 UGL
      Warrior L96 + Fully upgraded

War is a Drug...

Comment

I've got an acog and waiting on scope riser coming from hong kong, but that's exactly what I had mine like in afgahn last year susat and old flash hider
        It's not about you dying for your country...
        Its about making your enemies die for theres

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          Ive got a question for ya tho, Do any airsoft companys make the new sharp shooter rifle and sight that they are starting to be equiped with? Wouldent mind one for a bit of sniping.
          Not as of yet, if there was going to be one im sure G&P would do it but if you look at the cost of there SR25 series you could expect the new DMR to be around £650, plus i dont think there is a big enough market for these at the moment for them to start making a new platform.
          itrader-

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103492

Comment

I think it's down to personal taste as to which optic to use, the SUSAT and ACOG both have their charms, and I love the look of both, although prefer the ACOG with the RIS.

One thing that always looks shocking though is using the wrong ACOG, where people just hear the word ACOG and slap anything on. I'd suspect though a soldier would be well places to make sure he gets the look right if he chooses to go for it, it just ends up being expensive.

I'm interested to see that the vortex flash hider on the L85 has the same overall length as the birdcage one... In pictures it always seemed significantly longer.

*Edited because I was replying to the guy who qoted pictures, not the original post*
            Last edited by Jay8; 23 April, 2011, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
              AND the lack of a RIS handguard (or are these only issued when they get out 'there')? I had heard that many of the lads had reverted back to the A2 guard anyway.
              Our Armoury has a mix, of all types pre set up. Including the L129A1, Gucci

Comment

My AA Sa80, real steel RIS, butt pad, vortex FH, A2 cocking handle, yep the LLM is wrong but buggered if I'm spending £300 on a LLM01!
                Just waiting for the correct acog riser to arrive.
                All internals upgraded, skirmished lots with no problems and even semi auto works
                G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike581 View Post

My AA Sa80, real steel RIS, butt pad, vortex FH, A2 cocking handle, yep the LLM is wrong but buggered if I'm spending £300 on a LLM01!
                  Just waiting for the correct acog riser to arrive.
                  All internals upgraded, skirmished lots with no problems and even semi auto works
                  omfg i need some alone time with that hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by rmkillerman View Post
                    omfg i need some alone time with that hahaha
                    Haha she's a beauty isn't she!
                    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Very nice Mike

Comment

I wish they'd hurry up with the proper Emags...

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          I wish they'd hurry up with the proper Emags...
                          I know mate!!

Comment

they do look nice with Emags, but not liking the RIS systems.

Does anyone know why on the AA versions there is orange powder on the buttpad?
                            Originally posted by hellbound
                            Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

Guys i have the Vortex Flashhider, but it needs machining to fit on the thread.

can anyone help me with this?

Comment

Hey George,

I have the flash hider too, and have yet to find anyone who can help with the machining. I found one company though who say they might be able to help, but require drawings.

I'll be producing a technical drawing in the next few days detailing exactly what alterations are needed. If it's at all helpful I can send you it, might help incase you find anyone.

You re fairly close by me, so if I find anyone, I'll let you know. If anyone else needs the drawings, just shout too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X