L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L85a1/a2... SA80a1/A2

Ive looked at some of the artificial wear produced . The paint is very hard wearing and takes a lot for it to come of .Unlike the m16/m4 were the colour is in with the metal . The sa80 is dipped in paint so chips of instead of wears down . The wear marks for the rifle that ive seen . Is just behind the flash hider gets warn from the bfa being put on and taken of . The tip of the mag release catch the paint tends to chip of with mag insertions . And the guard that protects the mag release tends to wear silver on the ridge.. These are more are less the start of general wear from day to day use . Im not one for going all out for an accurate look but hope this helps ...

Comment

Id just let it wear naturally in all the right places.
      The L85s i used during my time, some were in good condition... Some were in rag order! A right mess.... Especially after a tour in the desert. Do what they do with the real ones, use it, dont be too careful with it, let it take some knocks and in no time itll be looking sweet
      G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Mine is a combination of artificial weathering and being used. I used fine wire will on all the parts that seemed logical, using reference photos to make it look realistic. The wool takes the paint off at a surprising rate so don't go overboard. The whole thing needs to be wire wooled to stop it looking uneven, just do some bits heavier than others. It will leave small scratches initially in the paint but they disappear after a while. Do make sure though you tape up the vents from the inside(since you'll be weathering those), else you get tine bits of wire stuck to the magnetic coils of your motor.

Comment

Heres my G&G LA85 A2.
          Internals all standard apart from the systema M100 spring and the blowback being dis-abled.
          The outside speaks for its-self.
          Daniels Defense rail, realy impressed with that, only required a few skims off the bottom of the sights ' block' on the gun with a file to get it to fit.
          2nd hand spring loaded grip pod.
          Hornbill raiser mount with 2nd hand Triiicon ACOG.
          2nd hand Real Steel sling.
          Cheapsoft PEQ box ( off a spring action toy M16) which I then stripped/cut the guts out off and now acts as a battery box ( cant afford to go Lipo battery/charger route.)
          Ive got a ACM Flash hider on the way for it, once thats fitted thats my LA85 just about how I want it....or as my pocket can afford it!

Originally Posted by PureSilver
          "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

That looks cool, although I would move the gripod back abit and when you get the money, switch the ACOG for a TA31 with wing mounts and docter sight. I don't see any issue with those varients of acog as an interim though, they are alot simpler to do than a brit TA31.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
              That looks cool, although I would move the gripod back abit and when you get the money, switch the ACOG for a TA31 with wing mounts and docter sight.
              :D Its nice to get someone elses point of view, especialy a positive one. So far the only feedbacks been from my missus whos view is, " Its only a bloody toy, Im not interested!"
              Im going to re-jiggle the battery box and the front grip to suit, Ive got to try and guard the batterybox as much as possible as I reckon one good clout and it will be hannging off the gun, probably in several bits. Best keep the bodge tape handy next time out.
              Originally Posted by PureSilver
              "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

• I know you said you cant do it ATM but that battery box would be the perfect excuse to go lipo

No offence.

Comment

Battery sling mate is what i use until i go lipo.. Got the real steel sling for display then Battery sling for playing, works a treat
                  Yeah move the grip pod bsck a few notches, i find directly below the front sight post is spot on
                  G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Nice gun mate! Lipo upgrade isnt that expensive, tops £70. (I know as I just converted myself :3)
                    All you need to lipo upgrade is:
                    Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger (£20 off the bay)
                    12v 5A Power Pack (£15 off the bay)
                    *optional multi connector (which i would recomend, again its only £4 off the bay)
                    X2 7.4V 1100 or 1200 MAH NUNCHUCK Batteries (I tried them in mine, both fit, £9 each from a certain shop that sells components)
                    Lipo alarm (£3 from the above shop)

Total = £60 + postage (circa a tenner)

Not too bad

Comment

• How my WE currently stands.

Comment

Hows it shooting??

Comment

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but this popped up on my facebook feed this morning, British army video of the L85 with Spectre and Docter:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOLg5SC03I

Thought it might be of interest to you L85 lovers!

Comment

Tisane my L85 looks EXACTLY the same as yours now lol, cant wait for the RIS, i wish they would hurry it up i dont car how much it costs!!!!

Dave

Comment

I'm weakening on the Spectre combo... Thank god that it can't be done exactly yet, else I would be broke...

I know people are mostly concerned with the externals here, being a pictures thread, but if anyone with a Star/Ares can offer any advice on how to get the best internals upgrades, especially for range and accuracy, a PM would be great.

Comment

G&G L85A2 AFV goodness, for the shorter 'softer

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X