SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

Well it is the latest, so theyve probably refined it a touch. And it has more of a recoil. If I knew whether or not Id like a Scar as much as an M4 or AK or PDW, then id probably have got it!

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseWookie View Post
      bad news guys, gearbox in my ares scar has cracked

and only the ares scar gearbox will fit, if anyone has one im on the lookout
      Did you manage to sort this? If it was the piston, friend managed to source and replace my ares plastic piston with a leightweight M4 Element piston and element piston head. Increased the ROF quite a bit too, after some filing down.

Of course it was moot when the mag release catch pinged off and now my scar is bereft.
      The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Comment

Im hoping to be joining the SCAR crew soon with a vfc scar-h.
        i will post pics as soon as its here.

Comment

Sadly, no longer with me. Having gone to a lucky new owner, but here's my ex.

There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

saw an EGLM for sale , couldnt resist ! :D

team motto ; " will powers for pussies , real men give in straight away ! "
            From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

this is up for swaps, if anyone wants to swap it for a scar-h that would be nice

Comment

My two Scar's. Both VFC, the Scar-L and the Scar-H SSR

Alpha Mike Foxtrot - Adios Mother F***er

Comment

give me the ssr and no one will get hurt....

Comment

I am planning on investing in the new Tan Tokyo Marui SCAR - L Recoil shock next week - Been saving my pocket money - Cant wait :-) Has anyone else got one? and what are your thoughts?

Comment

Got it and it is awesome :-) Happy days

Comment

One of my WE Scars....also its for sale *cough* *cough* £345....check it out in sales thread....

Comment

An update on my WE SCAR L - for those wondering about gas consumption...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nrs-A9Cp20
                          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

your shooting it inside mate

i think we all dream of a gbbr but tbh

they aren't meant for all day shooting

even in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post

even in the summer
                              Really?

Well as I've owned numerous GBBRs personally and have actually had a couple of WE Scar-L's, I can categorically state that you're wrong on that point. I had mine upgraded with a RA-Tech Npas and Bomber lightweight bolt carrier and was able to skirmish all day with it.

That was outdoors, during Summer. Would I be able to do the same during Winter? Probably.

With GBBRs, maintenance is the key. Warm it up and look after it correctly and there's absolutely no reason why they can't be skirmished all-year round. It's people's ignorance and lack of understanding that propel these myths.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bust-Em View Post

even in the summer
                                I am shooting it inside, yes. But it was still very cold even indoors.

BAMF is completely correct, with care and attention there is no reason a GBBR cannot be used year round. I used mine at Anzio camp a few weeks ago and it was bitterly cold and pouring with rain and it performed flawlessly. So long as you strip it and clean it before and after a skirmish you will have no issues at all.

In fact the only reason I don't use it all year round is that I cannot afford the gas! :P

In summer mine is outstanding. I've used it all day filling the gas before the skirmish and only re-filling the gas in my 5 mags ONCE during that period, without any drop in performance.
                                Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X