X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanrad
    replied
    Re: SCAR Thread

How would you guys rate the scar, im looking to get my first air soft gun soon and I had a look at a scar made by G&G in ** ******* in Cannock and I have to say I do like it a lot but im also a fan of the M4 how does the SCAR hold up against th M4?

Leave a comment:

• WingMan
    replied

IMG_3248.jpgIMG_3249.jpg
    here's my VFC Scar L with the Madbull PWS SRX, it's my interpretation of Travis Haley's scar!

Leave a comment:

• CrAzY CH13F
    replied

I know its one of those guns that if you do it wrong, it will look terrible. I really appreciate the positive feedback. Something about me couldn't handle a black SCAR.

Leave a comment:

• caffin999
    replied

yeah that isn't too bad at all! get it really roughed up and it will look good!

Leave a comment:

• sam_G
    replied

I dont normally like painted SCARs but that is rather nice!

Leave a comment:

• CrAzY CH13F
    replied

Get prepared!!!

Leave a comment:

• sam_G
    replied

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2539

I got my old one (not guarder!) from the forum classifieds for under a fiver!

Leave a comment:

• starscream
    replied
    Me too, as well as better balance. But it obscures the red dot. So, needs must.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• sam_G
    replied

Nice. I think the PEQ looks better when mounted on the top.

Leave a comment:

• starscream
    replied
    Got myself a WE gbb version this weekend.

Complete with mood lighting. Lol

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Nickona
    replied

Originally posted by hapi View Post
    Agreed, I thought I was going to break it when I handled one
    +1 to that! Even when I released the bolt release catch and the bolt went forward without anything in it, it felt like the bolt was just going to break through the polymer

When they introduced the SCAR H to the USSOCOM it was only issued on operators decision and so many continued to use the M14, HK417 and SR25

Also in the article they mention the fact SEALs use them and they killed Bin Laden, as far as I know they didn't take any SCARs on the Bin Laden raid.

If they are looking for a 7.62 they'll have asked loads of manufacturers FN, H&K, Colt and the other usual suspect to see what they can offer, the only reason the Mail are mentioning the SCAR H will be becuase is quite a commonly known gun which happens to be FNs offering

Leave a comment:

• hapi
    replied

Originally posted by Nickona View Post

I would surprised if they used it as a DMR option as the L129 outperformed both the SCAR H and HK417 in the army's trials. and I doubt it would replace the 5.56 L119 as it seems daft not to have both as 7.62 is too big for CQB type operations and the SAS have reportedly been using the HK417 as their 7.62 option
    The issue with the SCAR H, this comes from the armourer at the Shrivenham defense academy, is that they just put in a larger mag well and changed the barrel etc to 7.62, and its basically just too light and hasn't been properly made for the larger round so it has far too much recoil from the 7.62.
    Agreed, I thought I was going to break it when I handled one

Leave a comment:

• dan the legend
    replied

20130318_164924_zpsa81a0568.jpg

my scar used to be a we now an aeg

Leave a comment:

• Nickona
    replied

Originally posted by Gonz View Post
    Reading one of the sunday papers and saw an article that the SAS are testing the Scar-H.
    Which paper?

I would surprised if they used it as a DMR option as the L129 outperformed both the SCAR H and HK417 in the army's trials. and I doubt it would replace the 5.56 L119 as it seems daft not to have both as 7.62 is too big for CQB type operations and the SAS have reportedly been using the HK417 as their 7.62 option
    The issue with the SCAR H, this comes from the armourer at the Shrivenham defense academy, is that they just put in a larger mag well and changed the barrel etc to 7.62, and its basically just too light and hasn't been properly made for the larger round so it has far too much recoil from the 7.62.

Leave a comment:

• jonny lovegrove
    replied

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ives-risk.html

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
Working...
X