SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

May need a tightbore for the TM-Heavy. What's the length of the CQB inner barrel and what would be the length needed to reach the flash hider with the extention on?

Comment

Anyone know?

Comment

Sorry Panoptes, can't answer that.

What I can do is put up the latest photo of my baby...

Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Lots of nice looking scar's!!! Im Thinking of joining the scar club with a D-Boys scar light!!! Are they any good out the box coz there advertised at 350-375 fps?? And what are they like to upgrade (hop rubbers, tightbore etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by MI55fit View Post
            Lots of nice looking scar's!!! Im Thinking of joining the scar club with a D-Boys scar light!!! Are they any good out the box coz there advertised at 350-375 fps?? And what are they like to upgrade (hop rubbers, tightbore etc...)
            Dont. To put it frankly theyre crap. Get a Classic Army, G&G or Ares instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              May need a tightbore for the TM-Heavy. What's the length of the CQB inner barrel and what would be the length needed to reach the flash hider with the extention on?
              I'm almost certain it's 270mm.
              I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
                Dont. To put it frankly theyre crap. Get a Classic Army, G&G or Ares instead.
                I would love the G&G but I've been bitten in the arse before off expensive guns, if the ARES scar is anything like the ARES tavor then that's a deffinate NO!!! But that's another story. Don't know much about the CA, how do they stack up against the other two??

Comment

The G&G is very nice, I had one for about a year and it performed flawlessly throughout that time. All I did to it was have a TM hop fitted and it became an amazing rifle.

That said the battery connectors in the stock were a pain in the arse, if you took the sliding back part of the stock off the rifle it was an absolute bitch to get back on without bending the connector pins. To avoid that issue just put the battery in then take the butt pad off and connect the cable for charging whilst the battery is still in the rifle.

If the Ares SCAR H is anything to go by then avoid the Ares SCAR L like the plague - the SCAR H I had was bloody awful - felt like it was made of lead and it just seemed roughly made. No form or beauty to it at all.
                  Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by spacey View Post
                    I'm almost certain it's 270mm.
                    Cheers.

Comment

Actually, it says here it's 300mm?: http://www.popularairsoft.com/hyperd...ts-tokyo-marui

So what length will I need for the 16" Could some kind soul measure and make a conservative estimate?

Comment

Oi, oi...

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...ns2.html#vscar

Comment

Oh thats horrible!

That said the photo of the SCAR L with the Crane Stock actually looks pretty awesome... damnit now I want one!

On the subject of tinkering with SCAR's, does anyone know the the WE SCAR L can take a standard AEG tightbore or whether it needs to be a special inner barrel for a gas blowblack?

Comment

Pans going to hate me for this but...

This was me this morning with RS Heavy
                            Attached Files

Comment

you in the miltary

where was this at?!!??!?!

i wanna touch it lol

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                                Pans going to hate me for this but...
                                Nice!

Having been to the Pattern Room / NFC in Leeds though, nothing will ever equal that! :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X