SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

Not the best of pics but my dusted Dboys SCAR-H.

Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

weathering look great. The scope ruins it for me. Over kill on an assault rifle let along an airsoft one.
      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Looks better with the dusted silencer on as it balances the length better.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

That SCAR H would look the mutts nutts with a Spectre DR on it!
          Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I tend to do Brit forces weapons, both SF and regular, although I have had an old SCAR-L kicking about a while as a backup/lending gun, bought on a whim when I began to use the gun in CoD. Having got it I never got on with it, since it didn't seem real enough, always seemed like a sci-fi weapon despite its use. So a few weeks back I had a trawl through some reference pics and decided to set it up as a USSF weapon and try and make it look and feel real.

Here's my attempt, although I am sure it is alittle rough about the edges in terms of accuracy - still seeing it as a WIP. Hopefully though the weathering and use of some older style mags/rail covers helps it look abit more authentic and battle ready.

Comment

Looks great mate. Would love to paint one of my guns i a similar way but just cant bring myself to do it.

I prob wait until they are battered up abit and then it wont matter so much if i screw it up.

Comment

To be honest, I'm the same, I only took the plunge on this one cause it's a backup gun, I'd never do that to my L119 or L85. I think it makes it look alot more real though, and ties together the different shades of tan. It's a Star version, so not anywhere near the top of the line anymore, especially compared to some of the SCARs on here, pretty solid performer though, easy takedown and quick spring change, and I have DMR, Standard and CQC interchangeable barrels for it so it is ridiculously flexible.

Comment

Fair enough. I just dropped mine and broke it! Somehow the gearbox has seized.

Comment

To be honest i have a slight sense of humor failure over it at the moment. £500 and used it once....now will get large repair bill. Cant see a funny side to that.

Comment

Then I do apologise, I understand how disappointing it is... Though would it not be a good idea to take the opportunity and try to open it up/fix it yourself? You already have to send it off to be repaired.. so either you manage to fix it yourself or you have to send it off just as you were going to anyway...

Comment

something new =)

Comment

Prob not as i tried to fix my M4 and that did not go well. The amount i have spent on it i want it fixed properly and not me bodging it.

I took no offence to your comments.

Comment

Fair enough mate, makes sense. I always take the opportunity if I can, I see it like this, if I can manage to fix it I will have a better understanding of the internals for future problems saving me repair fees in the long run.. or I can fix it but I still know how to take it apart and understand the internals a little ready for next time something simple goes wrong.. yes I get a bigger repair bill this time but I run the chances of next time being able to fix it myself!

Good luck to you anyways dude, I'm glad you didn't take offence!

Comment

Im half tempted to go out and buy a SCAR H. Im looking into the Marui Recoil version. Anyone know about interchangeable stocks? Because thats the only thing i don't like about them.

sigpic

Comment

i just wet myself i wont ever look at it in the same way again .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X