SCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCAR Thread

Hi guys, the non CQC Scars L, how long is the barrel??
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
      Hi guys, the non CQC Scars L, how long is the barrel??
      about 5 inches, the non-CQC flash hider adds about another 1.5 inches onto that so 6.5-7inches total.

Comment

Is that the long version? as there seems to be different lengths....
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Reading one of the sunday papers and saw an article that the SAS are testing the Scar-H.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ives-risk.html
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Gonz View Post
              Reading one of the sunday papers and saw an article that the SAS are testing the Scar-H.
              Which paper?

I would surprised if they used it as a DMR option as the L129 outperformed both the SCAR H and HK417 in the army's trials. and I doubt it would replace the 5.56 L119 as it seems daft not to have both as 7.62 is too big for CQB type operations and the SAS have reportedly been using the HK417 as their 7.62 option
              The issue with the SCAR H, this comes from the armourer at the Shrivenham defense academy, is that they just put in a larger mag well and changed the barrel etc to 7.62, and its basically just too light and hasn't been properly made for the larger round so it has far too much recoil from the 7.62.
              Fire Team Zulu
              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

20130318_164924_zpsa81a0568.jpg

my scar used to be a we now an aeg
                ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post

I would surprised if they used it as a DMR option as the L129 outperformed both the SCAR H and HK417 in the army's trials. and I doubt it would replace the 5.56 L119 as it seems daft not to have both as 7.62 is too big for CQB type operations and the SAS have reportedly been using the HK417 as their 7.62 option
                  The issue with the SCAR H, this comes from the armourer at the Shrivenham defense academy, is that they just put in a larger mag well and changed the barrel etc to 7.62, and its basically just too light and hasn't been properly made for the larger round so it has far too much recoil from the 7.62.
                  Agreed, I thought I was going to break it when I handled one

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                    Agreed, I thought I was going to break it when I handled one
                    +1 to that! Even when I released the bolt release catch and the bolt went forward without anything in it, it felt like the bolt was just going to break through the polymer

When they introduced the SCAR H to the USSOCOM it was only issued on operators decision and so many continued to use the M14, HK417 and SR25

Also in the article they mention the fact SEALs use them and they killed Bin Laden, as far as I know they didn't take any SCARs on the Bin Laden raid.

If they are looking for a 7.62 they'll have asked loads of manufacturers FN, H&K, Colt and the other usual suspect to see what they can offer, the only reason the Mail are mentioning the SCAR H will be becuase is quite a commonly known gun which happens to be FNs offering
                    Fire Team Zulu
                    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

• Got myself a WE gbb version this weekend.

Complete with mood lighting. Lol

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nice. I think the PEQ looks better when mounted on the top.
                        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

• Me too, as well as better balance. But it obscures the red dot. So, needs must.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2539

I got my old one (not guarder!) from the forum classifieds for under a fiver!

Comment

Get prepared!!!

Comment

I dont normally like painted SCARs but that is rather nice!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                                Working...
                                X