Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star aw 338

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
    Murta take care of her, she may have some awesome weird camo pattern on her barrel, she may have a bolt thats slowly turning silver from some use.

but it got me 2 head shots as her first two kills

DO ME PROUD SON DO MEEEE PPRRROOOUDD!!!!

mcane oven chips...
    dont worry mate i will

the hunting season starts now

Comment

Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

how much !!! i want
        you may be a king or a lowly street sweeper , sooner or later you all dance with the reaper

Originally posted by Barlow

alcohol + man up + lowered amibitions = lots of sex^2 = ex-who?

Comment

:D

Never! tweaked it so its consistently firing 470 on green

Comment

nice what did you do to it...also how did you do your sniper tape?

Comment

Theres a small grub on the underside of the bolt, tweaking that along with a tb and ditching the pant ares hop rubber an h nub. also ensured the mag is seating a lot tighter which helps with losing fps after a few rounds, starte to dip at 9-10.

The tape, helps ive done it a few times now but the harder you pull sniper tape the more it can be molded to the contours, the stretch also helps with the sticking, i then just use sniper paint on top. Ive also got the new issue tape which is a lot better than the old stuff

Comment

Its.....so.....Beautiful

Makes me want one so much.....
                However I will not stoop to two toning such a beautiful rifle.
                I will wait until I have my UKARA.
                Only 4 months to go
                sigpic
                "Never trust quotes that you find on the Internet" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                  Theres a small grub on the underside of the bolt, tweaking that along with a tb and ditching the pant ares hop rubber an h nub. also ensured the mag is seating a lot tighter which helps with losing fps after a few rounds, starte to dip at 9-10.

The tape, helps ive done it a few times now but the harder you pull sniper tape the more it can be molded to the contours, the stretch also helps with the sticking, i then just use sniper paint on top. Ive also got the new issue tape which is a lot better than the old stuff
                  my mag isnt seating well normally , any suggestions on how to rectify it

Comment

Depending on the problem there is a few things you can do. my prob was that the gas body was sitting a little low in the outer mag case, if you remove the bottom you can place a piece of plastic that will push the inner up in the mag, ive also read there is a bit of play in the seal of the valve allowing it to be unscrewed a few turns thus bringing it more flush with the bolt. Ive nowused liquid metal to build it up and make it permenant.

Ive also read wrapping the mag release catch with a few turns of tape can help the mag sit higher. With any of these problems a good way of seeing if you dont have a good seal is chrono the rifle then do the same pushing up on the mag as you fire, if there is a difference then its a seal problem and try these things.

Few other things id do (and this is opinion and worked for me), ditch the red ares hop rubber as its cack and h nub and get something better, ive used madbull.

Im also in the process of getting a dial welded onto the hop grub screw so hop can be adjusted far easier

Hope that helps

Oh and white grease round the bottom of the bolt

Comment

yeah i was planning to replace the rubber with a protheymus one but no where has them stock in the uk so ill try for a madbull one

Comment

Nice AW338, It makes me miss mine..

When I was a child there was no such thing as health and safety. We use to collect shells from the beach. Unexploded ones. - James May

Comment

jesus that will shoot holes in the moon son!

Comment

I know. That was taken when I was running the CO2 Mag Ares made and the bolt spring that came with it and 0.3g BB.
                            With the normal co2 kit I was using kit used in the picture (hose from mag to a separate co2 capsule) it would do between 250-500 FPS (adjustable) at an outside temperature of 2 degrees C (with 0.3g).
                            When I was a child there was no such thing as health and safety. We use to collect shells from the beach. Unexploded ones. - James May

Comment

Me likey!!

Good compact rig too, dont suppose ahem you still have it?...:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                              Working...
                              X