Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures of your Systema PTW

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
    They're illegal, that's why. The lower receiver of an AR-15 in any country you care to name constitutes a 'firearm' in and of itself; you're not bringing one of those in to the UK legally as it's an illegally-held unregistered Section 5 firearm carrying a mandatory sentence if you're caught with it. The gas blocks are also (being 'pressure bearing' within the meaning of the Home Office guidance offered to the CPS) designated as 'component parts' (also legally a firearm under s.57(1)(b) of the 1968 Firearms Act) so carry the same sentence, and flash hiders are an "accessory [...] designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon" which are also prohibited under s.57(1)(c) of the 1963 Act.

AR-15 uppers were a bit of a grey area but I've been lead to believe that following the decisions in R. v Clarke and R. v Ashton that these are no longer OK. We'll have to wait for the release of the final portion of the Home Office, Firearms Law: Guidance to the Police 2012 before we can say for certain.

Technically speaking the Lower isn't classed as a firearm in the UK. Pressure bearing parts as you correctly mentioned are restricted.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbob1254 View Post
      Now I known this is a thread for Systema's which is why im asking before i post my pic up, can I put my pic of my Celcius CTW up on here?
      Cheers
      I'd have no problem having a look at it pal
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

sigpic

Comment

• Just painted my mk18

Hope you like!
          Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Had my Vltor Painted so as to match my loadout :D

Am quite delighted with the results, but cannot take credit for the great job.... had to call in a professional!

Comment

He did a good job, whoever he is

Comment

Few new pics of my KISS build.

http://thereptilehouseblog.com/2013/06/22/sof-kiss/

Comment

I like that rear sight!

Comment

Thanks mate - RS Matech. Pretty reasonably priced - about the same as a good quality airsoft rear BUIS.

Comment

Comment

Updates:

SMR WIP - I've just stuck the upper on a KAC lower, so it can be used. Still quite a way to go on this, to get it right.

Noveske build - final iteration, hopefully! Thanks to bladerunner168 for inspiration on the tweaks to this version.

Comment

• Lovely pal.
                          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                            Technically speaking the Lower isn't classed as a firearm in the UK.
                            Er, yes, it is. It's the serial-numbered part of the gun, and thus 'is' the firearm whose serial number is registered on your FAC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware lower receivers are not only 'firearms' in and of themselves (as serial-numbered parts), but are obviously additionally firearms as 'parts without which the firearm cannot function' (R v. Ashton, I believe).

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                              Then thats where your priorities lie at the moment. However, I can almost guarantee once you've finished uni and are working a steady job with a steady decent income you'll consider it. That was exactly what I thought before going to uni.. Now I have 2 TWs...
                              Just graduated, and was given a PTW kit as a present for said graduation, now to build the blighter.
                              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                                Er, yes, it is. It's the serial-numbered part of the gun, and thus 'is' the firearm whose serial number is registered on your FAC.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware lower receivers are not only 'firearms' in and of themselves (as serial-numbered parts), but are obviously additionally firearms as 'parts without which the firearm cannot function' (R v. Ashton, I believe).
                                It's a part that is required for a firearm to function, as you've stated and thus is controlled due to it's nature as a serial numbered part that is required for it to operate not because we class it as a firearm.
                                Last edited by TOBI; 6 August, 2013, 02:05.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Robrego Rob, 20 and live beyond the boundaries of civilization... Find out more about Robrego
                                Working...
                                X