Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

It's much better in person!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
    WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

bit of an overdue cosmetic on my k98, not finished yet bet the barrel and breech have had the paint removed and chemically colored.

Comment

got a little more done on the mg 42
        muzzle cone re-fitted

feed tray/drum mag fittings and gearbox securing bracket made up

hop feed tube extension

Comment

had the mg42 firing from the drum mag today for the first time, nice rate of fire and a consistent 350fps +/-3 .the magazine is made from an m4 flash mag with the fedd terned through 45 degrees and a hopper of plasticard inside the drum,there's no spring feed tube to fiddle with, the drum is just fitted and feed's in the normal way that any mag should.

pull cord for flash mag

oh it will be stripped and re painted black when i'm happy that its all nice and tidy.it holds around the 800-100 rnd mark, not yet checked .

Comment

Looking good mate. Keep the updates coming.
            Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

ICS M1 Garand

Comment

I'm surprised there haven't been more ICS M1 Garands on here! I had a play with one and loved it though the fact you can't fit a bayonet on one and the magazines don't fit in the cartridge belts is a bit off-putting :/

I think I'll wait and see what G&G have in store before I buy one to turn into an M1-D...

Comment

got some more done on the mg 42

cocking handle fitted,drum painted and started the pistol prip

Comment

Comment

pistol grip finished

Comment

got a load more done on the mg42, little enough to see but it involves some of the other features this gun will have, this one will have a simulated muzzle flash and smoke system as some of you may have seen on my bren gun ,this involves having a smoke generator and ultra bright led's in the muzzle cone where i have hollowed it out, the led's are triggered from a micro switch that is triggered by the piston on its extreme rearward travel and the smoke generator on a separate manual switch, this will run on 11.1v lipo and i'm using the balance lead to provide a 3v feed for the led's and 11.1v for the smoke it will also have a battery monitor as well.on top of that is going to be a sound simulator, this will have an mp3 player inside the gun blue toothed to an amplifier in an ammo crate nearby.the sound system is being built by the eventual owner and all i had to do was install two micro switches actuated by the trigger.

the trigger shape will be refined but at this stage i needed something to work with for the switches.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                          the led's are triggered from a micro switch that is triggered by the piston on its extreme rearward travel and the smoke generator on a separate manual switch [...] install two micro switches actuated by the trigger.
                          It all sounds a bit ghetto rigged, to be honest - why bother with five separate switches* and the associated rats' nest of wires when you could get the same effect with one switch and a very basic FCU? Any piece of programmable circuitry I can think of could do this job more neatly and effectively; never mind an Arduino, you could get this kind of functionality out of a digital watch. I'm not trying to be overly critical, it's just that it seems pretty hack work compared to the effort that's going into the metalwork.

*1x trigger, 1x LED, 1x smoke generator, 2x sound system

Comment

well for the led's to flash at the same rate as it fires is a little tricky with the circuit board approach,you could get it close i grant you, but the fitting of the switch was easy and exact timing is achieved ,the smoke generator takes a little time to start working but equally you don't want it on all the time and having it trigger operated would require you were in a sustained fire fight before it started working at all so a human operated switch works best, as for the sound system ,i an not involved in that other than to meet the request of the customer for a pair of switched lines and the space needed inside ,any sound system that would fit in the gun itself would be laughably pants, hence the blue tooth to an amp in a separate ammo crate. the only thing that is not operated with response to the trigger is the smoke.
                            the other thing to remember is i'm a 43 year old mechanic and know nothing of FCU's or even what an Arduino is.the bulk of the wiring would also still need to be there no matter how it was controlled.i admit it's a little analog but it's dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                              the other thing to remember is i'm a 43 year old mechanic and know nothing of FCU's or even what an Arduino is. [...] i admit it's a little analog but it's dependable.
                              Well, given the standard of your metalwork, I don't think anyone's going to hold it against you! Also (and I don't deliberately come here to annoy you, promise!) have you seen these?

Comment

I hope they get the booster cone correct for release, and a bipod wouldn't go amiss either :D

Hell even if they don't, there's always the G&G.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X