WWII guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

there always seem's to be one in the offing but they rarely see production, my customer got fed up of waiting, i couldn't actually find that on the ahem alleged other airsoft website

Comment

here are a fed detailed shots of the mg42 front sight assembly

i need to cut a hole in the zib barrel shroud as there was no front sight on the replica ,it needs recessing as can be seen .both the sight and the booster cone latch lock into place as they should and windage is adjustable as well

Comment

front sight assembly fitted.

Comment

pretty much finished now with the mg42, here's a couple of clips of the muzzle smoke and flash system, i have to point out that my camera was my phone and does noc capture the flashing well at all, you just have to believe that to the naked eye the flash is once per shot not just the 3-4 times the camera captured it.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W49JQ9bxxmk
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RA5gZFtxo

Comment

and here it end's ,its finally finished, last revision of the design was to re position the battery in front of the stock allowing a far bigger battery, 11.1v 2200 mahr 35c lipo replaces the 11.1v 1450 mahr 20c ,it leaves the space under the top cover far tidier and more space for the sound equipment.made up a small double ended hex key tool that is used to adjust the hop and remove the stock for battery replacement and can be stored in the magazine.finally i made the magazine catch more secure ,i was worried that the drum mag might come off under the rough and tumble of battle, it does make re-fitting the drum a more precise job but is far more secure .
            but enough of that here the pictures.

Comment

Wow it came out pretty good!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Faffing around with my new camera (Olympus TG-830, awesome bit of kit) and decided to try out the filters on my PPsH!

P7160023_opt.jpg

Hopefully the optimization didnt ruin this photo! (The original was just uder 4mb in size...)
                Attached Files
                Ares PPsH

"I'v got this guys! *thud* maybe not..."

Comment

new project, this one is a Lee Enfield no4 mk 1 .based on original woodwork ,many metal original parts and vsr parts.the brief for this one was to be as good as possible,have a working safety in the correct place and be easily field stripped to convert from 350 fps to 500 fps.to make it easy to remove the bolt i made up a steel bolt stopper and welded it to the magazine so by pulling out the mag you can release the bolt without further stripping. the trigger has been replaced with a fabricated steel trigger that's welded to a real no 4 trigger, this not only means it is the right shape but also the right position .
                  originally it was intended to use a bronze casting set that was purchased to cut down on time and this can be seen in some pictures but it was intended as a budget conversion and turned out not to be suitable so i fabricated a steel breech conversion piece that will be removable for servicing. anyway this is what we have so far, quite a bit left to do yet.
                  #

sorry about the quality of the last shots the camera died and i used my phone.

Comment

Comment

managed to get a better camera.

Comment

What a gorgeous, gorgeous gun - SMLEs just have so much style...

Comment

it's going to be hard to hand it over to it's owner that's for sure, its the whole deal, removing the mag pulls out the bolt stopper so removing the bolt for spring change is a snap, working safety catch using original parts.when its finished it will be stamped with correct marking's, will have a scope mount , allen key hop adjustment with the allen key built into a genuine oil'er bottle housed in the stock.the easy bolt change was a must for the owner as he wants easy change between battle rifle (sub 350 fps ) to sniper rifle of 500 fps , should take less than 5 min ,less with a spare bolt.

Comment

cut the mag well and modified the release catch ,there is not enough depth to the fore stock for the original catch to remain behind the wood so i made a skinnier one, for the same reason i had to re profile the bottom of the mag's and then glue on a veneer of walnut to make them stand out less.also replaced the horrible temporary bolt in the back of the bolt.

Comment

few more details on the trigger guard and sprayed the assembly also replaced the oiler spoon with an allen key to fit in the oil bottle in the stock, that way you have the hop adjuster tool with the gun.

Comment

Just finished my first WW2 project, I always admired the silenced sten, sadly no one marketed one so decided to make my own. I initially used an ASG sten mk2 (AGM jobby), then acquired a good piece of steel for the silencer, after a good while trying to get a proper fit the body, I finally bought a canvas cover from ebay to finish the look, although the front of the silencer is not yet finished, and the paint on the bodywork needs rubbing to get a better look, I'm pleased enough at my first attempt.
                                Thanks to screwdriver for some advice before the build, it was appreciated. DSC01019.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X