• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

That is lovely!

Comment

Thanks buddy. I built this over the weekend and will hopefully have it's first outing at the AI500 in a couple of weeks. It's bigger brother won't be ready until next month at the earliest.

Comment

Havent really got any photos of just the guns but heres some of us from yesterday

"Well they're not selling them to fund WE's thats for sure......" - Caldymoose

Comment

Found another one of me playing

"Well they're not selling them to fund WE's thats for sure......" - Caldymoose

Comment

Shoei MP44

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Here's a few pics of mine...for posterity of course.

There "ALL" Denix Replicas! I heavily weathered the MP40. Fitted a Marushin Replica Mag so it looks more realistic. I'm thinking of spraying up the black plastic sides and pistol grips in a "bakelite" brown/red, but not sure yet. I have stripped the paint off the Thompson. Fitted a Marushin Cutts Comp. And fitted Real Steel mags. Might look at Real furniture in the future?? The M1 Carbine was just lightly sprayed Gun Metal then weathered a little.

Richie.

Comment

Absolutely stunning mate, work well done here, especially on the MP40. I also love the Thompson, kudos.

Comment

Thanks Taff mate. I know you can't get "realer" than real, but I do try to make them look as good as possible! Like real mags etc. I'll try real furniture on the Thompson eventually when funds allow.

Richie.

Comment

This fell into my lap a few days ago, Tanaka shell ejecting trench gun.

WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

A lovely, but fragile gun.

I bought a Mossberg and introduced it to the Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by richard4wood1970 View Post
                        Here's a few pics of mine...for posterity of course.

There "ALL" Denix Replicas! I heavily weathered the MP40. Fitted a Marushin Replica Mag so it looks more realistic. I'm thinking of spraying up the black plastic sides and pistol grips in a "bakelite" brown/red, but not sure yet. I have stripped the paint off the Thompson. Fitted a Marushin Cutts Comp. And fitted Real Steel mags. Might look at Real furniture in the future?? The M1 Carbine was just lightly sprayed Gun Metal then weathered a little.

Richie.
                        Yap, that MP40 has come up very nice for a Denix. The SRC MP40 used to weather up very well with the right approach, as it was made from low quality steel - sold mine though in favour of a Marushin GBB version, though obviously can't weather that. Am waiting for the GSG 9MM PAK MP40 and that's gonna get a serious weathering job when I get my mits on one!!
                        Last edited by muzzleflash; 14 October, 2016, 14:51.

Comment

Hi again guys,

Been busy painting, and weathering some more of my beauties for the photo-shoot! I know there were a couple of you made some nice remarks about the MP-40 I weathered. Well I have IMO "Improved" the look. I have given the body more of a rub-down and I have finally got round to painting the Black Plastic grips in a false "Bakelite" pattern. It was sponged on then rubbed down and varnished. Making sure some of the black still showed through. It was the closest I could get to really, German Red/Brown! I like it? Tell me what you guys think.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Richie.

Comment

Sorry about that I forgot a couple of crucial pictures to show the process.

Richie.

Comment

Great work here again Richie well done mate, and thanks for the share, it's appreciated.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns... New Edition. Denix PPSH41

Hi again guys,

Got this Denix PPSH41 the other day. I took some shots of it before and after the weathering process. Rubbed the black down to the bare metal as much as possible, and sprayed faint Gun Metal over it, then rubbed the edges a bit more. I sanded the stock, put scratches/dents in it then re-varnished it. I had to alter the mag-well slightly also, so I could fit a genuine 71 round drum mag. You can tell the difference between it and the Denix pot metal one?? finally sling was attached, although I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have the front sling loop on this model. Let me know what you think guys?

Richie.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X