• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

Yeah I can see that too :/

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
      Is it just me who thinks that scopes on backwards? am i missing something... sorry for quoting i had too.:D
      They do look a bit odd but it is the right way round xD

Comment

Originally posted by WW2Stu View Post
        Nicely done mate i saw these kits sell for like £50 at War and Peace was tempted to buy one. But managed to resist... just. Can I just ask if you had any trouble with the handgrip whilst fitting the motor?
        I'm using the standard CYMA plastic pistol grip as I don't posses the tools or skill to hollow out the vintage pistol grip to accommodate the motor.

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfish View Post
          I'm using the standard CYMA plastic pistol grip as I don't posses the tools or skill to hollow out the vintage pistol grip to accommodate the motor.

There is no shame in that as i believe the Real Grips are too small to fit the motor in. I was just shocked as i thought you were the first person i would of know who has achieved it.

Comment

my recently reconditioned stg 44:

Chemically blued metal (which was hard as the damn thing is potmetal) just trying to think of a treatment to make the copper gas tube the correct colour :/
            also features a real-steel replacement leaf site as mine fell off :I
            Last edited by Yivo; 10 August, 2011, 18:10.

Comment

Buy some brass blackening compound. Works a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yivo View Post
                dat stg
                Haven't you redone it since you took these Denihardt? Your hands are going to be permantly blue eventually.
                Voted sexiest man on the airsoft field - every damn time

Comment

i didnt make the thompson ,all the rest are my custom hand build's

Comment

My thompson, that is for sale as its just not for me
                    Originally posted by LtPurcy
                    You know how pimps have to keep their pimp hand strong

Well Trolls have to keep their troll crown shiny
                    Originally posted by jonny lovegrove
                    Ah i see, that must be how i convinced so many people to come, its stupidly long.

Comment

considering the thompson is usually named the first smg,they are huge and unwealdy to use and not for people with short arms,but if you try pointing them down as if shooting into a trench then they all make sense again.because that was one of the intended uses and the motivator for the design was to clear trenches because that was what was expected to be the main type of warfare.pointing them down makes them comfortable,verry strange but try it.

Comment

I love the Thompson and I personally think it's a great gun for woodland, urban or CQB use.

I've never had an issue with it being too big or unwieldy at all and I'm hardly a hulking brute of a man @ 5'11" tall.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                          considering the thompson is usually named the first smg,they are huge and unwealdy to use and not for people with short arms,but if you try pointing them down as if shooting into a trench then they all make sense again.because that was one of the intended uses and the motivator for the design was to clear trenches because that was what was expected to be the main type of warfare.pointing them down makes them comfortable,verry strange but try it.
                          To be pedantic: It was the first weapon to use the term "Submachine Gun". There were other weapons of its class around beforehand, but Auto Ordnance "invented" the term "Submachine Gun" for the Thompson.
                          WRT its intended trench warfare purpose: The original versions had the vertical foregrip and no butt, or it was easily removable. That makes it MUCH better for CQB.

Comment

It was luvverly and sunny here in Bradford earlier today...so out came the Thompson and the camera.

sigpic

Comment

your thompson woodwork is beutiful and not wethering the metalwork is so mutch better imho as if your going for a period look then the gun would be quite young and not overly weathered.people so often forget that the way a real one looks now is not how they would have looked 70 years ago when carefully looked after by the guy whose life depended on it.

Comment

My Bar98k conversion:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X