WWII guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

agm stg44 my new toy got this the other day from the classifieds ,it was one of the un-painted ones that were around a little while ago and still untouched when i got it,just spent the day on it ,downgrading and finising,still some little bits to do but here it is.

brass bit was a b******d to black and im still not happy but i have a plan

Comment

stock and grips done as well now

Comment

Equally Vietnamy as well as WW2-
        In lieu of an off-the-shelf Carl Gustav M45, here's my little effort....Based on an ICS M3:

All your silent sentry removal needs....

VERY front heavy now- it's an all steel unit I've had machined and custom blued...

Just to show everyone it's a slip on/slip off unit- single grub screw means I can convert back to the usual M3 style in seconds.
        Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Like this alot mate, what battery are you using by the way? As i can see you are using a battery in a M1 carbine pouch or 1911 mag pouch (cant really see with the pictures) I was worried about "power" so I upgraded mine all with systema energy parts and use a Gold Peak 7.2v 1300 mah battery which i manage to conceal in the gun. It fires aprox 345-350 FPS and lasts about 2k rounds before needs changing over.

Comment

It's an FFD pouch (like the ones you see mounted high on the yoke on M56 gear)- I run an 8.4v 1500mah pack with all stock internals- I'm getting 2000 odd rounds from a charge, running at 310fps consistent... Range is excellent with it.

Incidentally, I've moved that pouch onto the sling and concealed a longer battery wire behind it to make an ersatz battery sling that doesn't detract from the period look.

My only real complaints are to do with the Greaser's idiosyncratic design and not the fault of the ICS copy- You can't get as low to the ground with the long mag as you can with an XM177 or M16a1 and the supressor makes it very nose heavy for the firs 5-10 minutes you handle it.
            Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Comment

Finally got my PPK. ACM, but with a Maruzen magazine.

Comment

Can't see the pics at the moment (work PC lockdown), but if it's a PPK/S, it's not WW2 - They were first made in the 1960s to get around a US import ban on pistols below a certain size.

Close enough for a "look-alike", though.

Comment

I know, mate, but you can't get a PPK and the difference is in the width. PPK/S is a PPK slide and barrel on a PP frame, basically. It was done to make it heavier so it could be exported to the USA

Comment

Comment

ref the china ppks,i have one and love it but always wanted to know if the serial no was unique and looking at your's it is so that's pretty cool for a cheep gun.i even love the slightly rubber feel to the grips that feels nice.

Comment

Yes, I thought that was cool for a chinese clone.

Comment

Not entirely sure how this happened but today I recieved my second tanaka luger

beautifully made wish they shot a little better :L

Comment

Some beautiful weapons on here guys. I think my first WWII is either going to be a MP40 or a Stg .44 :D I love both of them, especially the way they look. What's really got me wanting the Stg .44 is seeing some of the artificially weathered ones that look like they've actually seen the last days of the Fascist Reich !

Comment

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344314184.922868.jpgMy M1 Carbine, just arrived from the UK. Now to track down an iron sight for it (lost my original one a few years back) and a Para stock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X