Sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sniper rifles

Not amazing pictures, but I was happy with the paint job (currently up for sale):

And my old VSR-10's:

Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

That wood stocked VSR is truly beautiful mate. I'm trying to do the same to my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
        That wood stocked VSR is truly beautiful mate. I'm trying to do the same to my own.
        Thanks!

Believe it or not, that's an original Real Shock stock that has been weathered a bit. The rest is all completely PDI/LAYLAX, apart from the hop up chamber and trigger guard.

And if I'm completely honest. Dealing with the maintenance of 500fps just wasn't worth it for me in the end. I much preferred the other VSR, which used a TK Twist barrel at 328fps. Parts really do break down on you that much less with the 172fps less.

Post a picture of your's or let me know what page it's on if you already have.
        Trader Feedback:

Comment

New A&K M24
          Trader Feedback:

Comment

My new JG M70 with the first prototype of the 'AMS Kydex Cheek Riser' (made by myself), which I will be selling soon (£40 posted):
            -Knurled Low Profile Hand Wheels - for hand tightening
            -Steel Carriage Bolts - allow for level adjustment
            -Made from genuine Kydex

PM me if you are interested in buying one...

On another note, I like my new M70 for the money. The newer models can be upgraded and aren't far off a BAR-10 (No 2 piece barrels and obviously cut corners like the older models).

Trader Feedback:

Comment

If the UK's-most-popular-brand-of-lager made APS2s?

The question is do I Krylon it in MTP colours or not?..... Yes, the inner barrel really does go to the end of both the silencers.....

Comment

Nice rifle mate ^^

Here's my Ruger 10/22 collection.
                The Tanio Koba arrived a few days ago (I'm now waiting for the scope!) and though to take a couple pics with the KJW's!

Top one is the TK, it's gorgeous! The loudest of all, very crisp blow back, I love it. I really can see we the owners don't want to part it!
                The middle on ... TK clone! It's a KJW KC-02 with the RA-Tech sniper kit, the internals are all made of steel!! Finished it today!
                The black one is a bone stock KC-02... I'm waiting a very special package for it ....

Soon with better photo's!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                  My new JG M70 with the first prototype of the 'AMS Kydex Cheek Riser' (made by myself), which I will be selling soon (£40 posted)
                  Not to be a pain in the arse, but an A4 sheet of 3mm Kydex (which you could make two of those out of, if I'm any judge) is £7.74 including shipping on eBay, and 'proper' (Karsten) adjustable cheekrests are less than £40 (not including shipping). I'm doing one of these for my M14 and finding the difficult part to be sourcing the hilariously-named 'sex bolts' (so you don't have protruding handwheels, just machine screws) in a black oxide finish.

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
                  The middle on ... TK clone! It's a KJW KC-02 with the RA-Tech sniper kit, the internals are all made of steel!! Finished it today!
                  The black one is a bone stock KC-02... I'm waiting a very special package for it ....
                  Please keep us updated on those, I'm intrigued. What RA-Tech parts did you put in the KC-02? Was it easy?

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                    Not to be a pain in the arse, but an A4 sheet of 3mm Kydex (which you could make two of those out of, if I'm any judge) is £7.74 including shipping on eBay, and 'proper' (Karsten) adjustable cheekrests are less than £40 (not including shipping). I'm doing one of these for my M14 and finding the difficult part to be sourcing the hilariously-named 'sex bolts' (so you don't have protruding handwheels, just machine screws) in a black oxide finish.
                    Instead of commenting, why not just not buy one? Why do you care enough to be a "pain in the arse"? I also won't be using 3mm Kydex after the first 4. I'll be using 5mm. And yes, the materials don't cost very much, but time and "labour" goes into making each one. And yes, Karsten's do cost around £38, but like you said, that is without shipping, and also without customs charges. But thanks PureSilver. Just when I thought we didn't have enough trolls...
                    Trader Feedback:

Comment

I think Puresilver was just giving people an idea of what can be had with a little bit of work, should people want the option of doing it themselves. This is not trolling as it is entirely related to the subject matter at hand. I myself made one with 5mm kydex though mine had the protruding hand-wheels. Cost me about a tenner all-in and did the job well.

I have always thought about getting the KC-02 Wolfgeorge, nice collection there!

Comment

I miss my vsr. Going to have to get another bolt action after my spr build.IMG_00000038.jpgIMG_00000039.jpgIMG_00000043.jpg- - - Updated - - -

I miss my vsr. Going to have to get another bolt action after my spr build.IMG_00000038.jpgIMG_00000039.jpgIMG_00000043.jpg

Comment

For now the KC-02 has the following RA-tech parts: flutted outer barre, stock, 6.01 inner barrel and bucking.
                          The internal parts are made by TSC.

It's a fantastic little gun, light and relatively short.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I have picked up a cheap sniper rifle. JG BAR10.

how it was when i got it

and now i have given it a little clean up

Waiting on a new scope rail as mine was snapped.

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Instead of commenting, why not just not buy one? Why do you care enough to be a "pain in the arse"?
                              What I was hoping you were going to do was justify your 300% profit margin by telling me all about how superior your product is and convincing me of its benefits, not bitch about me pointing out it can be done much more cheaply by the individual. I care because, as I pointed out, I'm doing something very similar and budgeting approximately a quarter of what you're charging, and I was wondering if I'd forgotten something important and expensive; evidently I haven't.

But thanks PureSilver. Just when I thought we didn't have enough trolls...
                              Wait, you're the one charging your fellow forum users £40 for a product that takes 30-odd minutes and around £10 to make, and I'm the troll? Like Patrolpointman says, I'm doing the same thing myself, as have/will other users. Asking how you arrived at your pricing isn't trolling, it's a legitimate question.

Comment

Struggling to find your "legitimate question" in there. Please enlighten me.

What I was hoping you were going to do was justify your 300% profit margin by telling me all about how superior your product is and convincing me of its benefits, not bitch about me pointing out it can be done much more cheaply by the individual. I care because, as I pointed out, I'm doing something very similar and budgeting approximately a quarter of what you're charging, and I was wondering if I'd forgotten something important and expensive; evidently I haven't.
                                You aren't even near being a potential customer, and you seemed to have it all figured out in your comment, so why would I ever take it like that. As I said already, there is no question in your statement. My product is not superior to Karsten's, and it is priced LOWER than his when you take into account that my original cost includes shipping.

As already highlighted, I will be using thicker Kydex, almost double the thickness of what you are using, which almost doubles the cost of the Kydex. You are lying by saying you can make something to the same quality and finish within half an hour, unless you have a full workshop with a pre-made jigs etc (I highly doubt you do). And you continue to ignore postage and paypal fees (which I included in the price).

Wait, you're the one charging your fellow forum users £40 for a product that takes 30-odd minutes and around £10 to make, and I'm the troll? Like Patrolpointman says, I'm doing the same thing myself, as have/will other users. Asking how you arrived at your pricing isn't trolling, it's a legitimate question.
                                Yes, you are correct, I am trying to make money from "fellow" forum members. Who isn't? Who on this forum doesn't try to get more than their item is worth? You are lying if you try to tell me the vast majority and you don't. You are unbelievably transparent and you are also clearly reaching for responses. It's embarrassing when people build arguments around ignoring major points (thicker Kydex, postage, paypal fees etc...).

The fact is, it is a very small venture that really wouldn't bring in that much in the grand scheme. If you had a genuine question, you would have PM'd me, like every other decent person would. You were clearly trying to point out to the forum that you didn't think what I was doing was worth it (which is pretty much the same a flaming a sale thread).

I've gone through the trouble to start producing these, and have priced them how I see fit. As someone who had zero interest in buying, I don't see it as any of your business.

To sum up, yes, you are a troll, and there was no question.
                                Trader Feedback:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiloXC3 Name's Milo. I like to airsoft, of course, and I am a keep mountain biker, surfer and skater, and hockey player. Find out more about MiloXC3
                                Working...
                                X