Custom WE Browning High Power MkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom WE Browning High Power MkII

B E A utiful gun I might have to copy you on that one! As it's a WE I assume it's full metal?
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

Originally posted by TobyRoberts View Post
      B E A utiful gun I might have to copy you on that one! As it's a WE I assume it's full metal?
      You assumption is correct- she's full metal and real wood....The way God, Browning and Saive intended
      Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

I could only find one set of wooden grips on ebay. I'll hold off bidding at the moment as I imagine one or two others from here are doing the same.
        Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Are those the ones from Bulgaria? They look nice!

OP: I couldn't find any rear sights on my travels...are there any other places you know of that have a good stock of RS rear sights?

(Obviously not an airsoft shop though...let's try not to violate many rules).

Comment

Mine all came from a certain popular online auction site- the sight seller was a US seller clearing a load of old gunparts from a closed gunsmiths in Utah (if the ad was to be believed!)....I bought them several months prior to acquiring the Browning on the off-chance I could make them fit- I've a gut feel for these things

The woodgrips came from a UK seller in the original Pachmyr aftermarket box, coated in some horrible original and very crazed varnish that was flaking off- hence spurring me to strip and oil.

Comment

OK, thank you very much.

I have yet to even see a real WE High Power, so my sight and grips would be purchased with a similar mindset to yours.

I have a feeling that I may be getting a High Power once my exam results are here

Comment

Just out of interest, how durable is the miliput?
                If I was to model fixed rear sights onto my Browning, would the miliput withstand the constant firing and being holstered/unholstered?
                I realy want to cut up/modify my rear sights, but Im unsure as I dont want to end up with the rear of the slide falling to part after a short while.
                Originally Posted by PureSilver
                "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

Originally posted by steve34 View Post
                  Just out of interest, how durable is the miliput?
                  If I was to model fixed rear sights onto my Browning, would the miliput withstand the constant firing and being holstered/unholstered?
                  I realy want to cut up/modify my rear sights, but Im unsure as I dont want to end up with the rear of the slide falling to part after a short while.
                  With a properly designed 'joint' between the sights and the slide (as I've done), so that it's around the sides of the dovetail on the sight as well as on the base?....Miliput will last longer than the gun.

The 'caveat' on that is if you drop it on a hard surface, then expect a repair needing doing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

demoncase Find out more about demoncase
                  Working...
                  X