• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the sandy/dusty look operator style m4

no worrys ma man

Comment

That looks lush mate care to share how you did it ?

Comment

all credit goes to the guide i followed by a mr "boom headshot" i merely followed it :D

but my process was in short to lightly spray a dusting of paint over the whole m4 from quite a distance to build up a type of sandy/bitty layer and then its simply a case of getting some paint remover or the like and getting rid of it till your left with the "sand" in the corners and generally where dust and sand would accumulate in the field. very easy to do. although start from quite a distance and then come closer till you get the desired effect. i started spraying too close and fluffed up one side :D but i recovered haha

Comment

nice job balbosa - would imagine thats quite a hard effect to get right - full credit mate

shev

Comment

Looks nut pumpingly good man!

I coincidently ended up making my M4 look a bit like this the other night after cleaning a load of paint off with white spirit!

Comment

nut pumpingly good
              HAHA

thanks matey and yeah the greatest thing about that is the paint wants to stay in the exact same place it would in real life.

@shevchenko
              wasnt as hard as it looks :D thanks allot mate

Comment

here ya go joe its not very sunny today so there still not greatly lit but there much better than the indoor ones

and for fun

hope this helps matey :D

Comment

Much better thanks alot for your time mate. When mines back im going to give it a go!
                  sigpic

Comment

I was gonna say I didnt like it and it just looked... dirty more than anything else... like it had been dunked in mud and quickly wiped off, then I saw the outdoors photos and the outdoor lighting makes it look a lot better

Maybe Im just anal about it but I dont like dusty or dirtyl ooking guns, I like mine looking clean and well cared for, rather than beaten and weathered, not my cuppa tea and I wouldnt do it to mine (not that I have one, but if I did!) but that does look quite nice.

Comment

tiercel dont get anal with me haha thanks allot matey yeah your right theres part of me that thinks. "god this is gay. its bloody airsoft" but on the other side i do like things looking realistic and thats what ive tried to go for. its kinda 50% performance and 50% collectors realism :D and i can understand why youd want a nice clean weapon.

heres a sig for you:
                      Only a bloody airsofter would buy something worth 300 quid and then proceed to destroy it.

Comment

Hah thats definately true!

Check out my new several hundred pound VFC AK!

Looks sweet, whatcha gonna do with it?

Well first Im gonna attack it with sandpaper and a dremel, then Im gonna go roll it around in sand and mud

Comment

haha! airsoft in a nutshell man :D

Comment

I get upset if the paintwork even scratches on mine! I got some rust growing on my AK once and I spent hours polishing it away and cleaning it with gun oil to stop it rusting again! Heh.

Comment

it'l rust again tier, and you know it, it's what ak's do
                              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Never been much of a fan of the weathered look, but now I'm seriously tempted to do that to my 416 when it's back from the shop. Looks awesome man

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                                Working...
                                X