• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Forces Weaponry

etc etc...

Comment

I do love that Gimpy
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

It's come on a lot since those pics with more RS parts added.

Comment

Pan is that a left handed SA80? I know a thread where that picture belongs!
          (or its just a mirrored image)

Lovely bits of kit lads.

Comment

LA85A2 ( G & G)

L1A1 ( Ares )

Browning HP ( WE and I know its the crap version)

WIP Sterling SMG ( Cyma/Cybergun internals )

Ive got a complete Cyma Thompson as well, but Im too lazy to go and photo it at the moment.
            Originally Posted by PureSilver
            "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

whooa!
              loving the smg!
              im guessing its custom made cause i have never seen anything like it airsoft wise

Comment

Most certainly is, thats if I ever get it finished. I have to try and sneak the odd half hour in on it between jobs at work, luckily today I had a slack hour so I managed to get the gearbox slot cut out of the body casing ( old bit of waterpipe I had kicking round in the scrap pile) lol
                Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                whooa!
                loving the smg!
                im guessing its custom made cause i have never seen anything like it airsoft wise
                Originally Posted by PureSilver
                "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

L119 A1

L85 A2 UGL

HK33 K

MP5 A3 SEF

Sig sauer P226
                  Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    Bit of a noob question but how much of the L119a1 is a build and how much is off the shelf?

Or simply put is there an off the shelf L119a1?
                    Nope. All the ones I know were scratch built either from the ground up or from a donor gun of some description.

Comment

I always love Pan's guns - esp the L85 and Minimi - exceptional taste in weapons... All those brit weapons - plus the PKD Blaster.

That Sterling SMG will be very interesting to see come along too.

In answer to the question about L119s, as Abbadon said - it's not possible to buy one off the shelf. Mine is almost all different parts, a G&P C8 body, Perr Mike barrel extension, Army Code front sight, G&P Storm Grip and RS DIS. There's not an easy way to do an L119 really - you can cut the costs a fair bit though, although ultimately you have to spend time or money (or both) on it to get it looking like an L119 rather than an M4. It really depends what setup you go for as to what can be got off the shelf and what you'll need to buy, things like a DIS/reinforced front sight aren't strictly needed, and they can be the expensive things.

For me though the L119 is my practical and flexible gun, I really love my L85 projects though.

Glad this thread seems to be taking off, Brit guns are always under represented.

Anyone got any good RS pictures of the correct L9A1 hi power though rather than the inglis version myself and a couple of others have posted up please? I'd love to see pictures of both sides, the sights, markings, grips, hammer etc - basically anything different from the WE version - I'm trying to get an idea of the costs and practicalities of converting a WE. I know there are alot of these pictures online - but I don't know exactly which the correct version is, and copying the wrong one for want of asking would be stupid.

Comment

Well, here's my current artistic impression attempt at an L129A1.

Only just finished putting some bit and bobs on it, but I haven't got hold of a new outer barrel and more realistic RIS yet... but hey, here we go... here's my SD version!

Some of the parts appear darker than they should (especially the stock and grip) but it's just the light

Yes, just noticed the rear scope cover was closed in a few shots!!

The bright light today made it very hard to picture the scope's reticule!

I like it, but fudge it's heavy!
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it'd look better with maybe a Noveske rail unit but nice :D

Comment

I really like the base of that L129 - it certainly gives the impression, which is the best that can be hoped for in airsoft terms. I'd lose the suppressor, PEQ and rail covers personally, they make it look abit generic. Perhaps a folding vertical grip and standard ribbed rail covers for a more accurate look? Does look great though, and very unique - that's one build that's always going to be abit too expensive and ambitious for me - I'm expecting the cost was fairly hefty?.

Comment

Yes, sadly funds have run out for the project... but my Magpul AFG turned up today and now it's been slapped on it!

I intend to get a Noveske 16" barrel and a 12" handguard (I think these are the lengths I want!) when funds present themselves!

I got the PEQ with the gun, so i plonked it on there... I quite like it.
                              Here's some new pictures, with a few other guns to scale it better (with PEQ removed and AFG placed)!

Again, pardon my useless camera.

I think my ego extended 3inches more when I added the 3inch sun guard on the front of the scope
                              Now for a name?

Maybe write "Herrreee's Johnny!" On the bolt cover... bwahahaha!

I'll update if I get my hands on some Noveske stuff! Anyone have an idea how much it would generally cost for a handguard and barrel?

Also, modifying a Pmag to fit it... sadly it doesn't with the CA25...

:EDIT: @Jay8, the overall cost was just over £520, so far! However, I did get a rather expensive base gun.
                              I am thinking about buying a friend's A&K SR25, doing it up and selling it on, I recon that'd cost me £250-£300 overall!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well:

My L129 "impression"...

053 (2) by WestyIII, on Flickr

048 by WestyIII, on Flickr

055 by WestyIII, on Flickr

060 by WestyIII, on Flickr

L85A2 in various incarnations:

IMG_5426 by WestyIII, on Flickr[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56761289@N05/6911028107/]

063 by WestyIII, on Flickr

065 by WestyIII, on Flickr

065 by WestyIII, on Flickr

066 by WestyIII, on Flickr
                                Selling:
                                ISAF Tan patches, Union Jack Desert Patches Red Dot Sight, SR25 and M4 HiCaps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
                                Working...
                                X