British Forces Weaponry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Forces Weaponry

Thought I'd drop my latest gun in here in an attempt to revive the thread.

An Ares L85, with an approximation of an Elcan LDS ontop, and an AFG rather than a gripod - Got a TM hop rubber and Prommy tightbore in this and it is now the best gun I own, the best looking with the best performance. I am so pleased with it. I need to get the trades laser engraved above the buttpad, and replace the cocking handle since it got smashed up - otherwise though it's done. I'll have to do a group shot soon alongside all my other Brit weapons.

Unsure what to do next, L96 is tempting me, or a recoil L119 - but I'm also looking at a HK417... Also have a horrendous guilty fascination with a G&P Sentry - just to spoil the theme of my collection.

Anyone got any good RS reference pics for the MP7/MP5s setups in use currently by British Forces. I gather its basically RM/SF for the MP5 and MoD Plod for the MP7 - not the easiest lot to get good pictures of.

Comment

When the expendables 2 came out during the olympics statham and lundgren met with members of 43 royal marine commandos FPG that where based on HMS Ocean for a few pics and they are using railed MP5's with Eotech 551/2's, foregrips, torches and what looks like an LLM-01 on the bottom for some reason
      http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1354898_.html
      also look here for a slightly closer look at the MP5's
      http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle4485485.ece

Comment

Old School...

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
          Some really awesome guns - I love Westy's L129 and L85, if it wasn't for the future HK417 I might well have started a L129 build with the examples on here.

The Sterling SMGs look awesome too - we really need a production airsoft version, hopefully electric for me...
          I make constant equiries with regards to an A/Soft Sterling L2A3 SMG. The retailers seem to have a cavalier attitude to these requests!

It seems that the Chinese & Jap manufactures, only seem to be guided by TV & Warfilms in the Smallarms department. IE: WWII appears to be the biggest market in general. The cold war era gets left out, apart from the SLRs that are already on the circuit!

I push the retailing sectors of: Collectors, Air Softers, Military Vehicle owners, & that it was a VERY world wide exported Weapon to many countries in it's day.
          But they dont seem to be a hurry to design & release a version!
          The market Potential is HUGE! But, they dont seem to went to know anything that isnt mainstream WWII in general.

The ONLY production Airsoft Sterling was made by Ashi. BUT, it was never popular for some reason & never sold in big numbers. they are hens teeth to source today.
          It was also Air fed via a tube & gas bottle attached to opperate it. (Possibly why they were not that popular?)
          In fact, I have never even handled one. Though handled/repaired & used many thousands of real Sterlings! I own six real Steel versions, (Deactivated) & one replica version. But even the replica is NOT correct! it is based on the Candian C2, & not right for British Forces issue displays.

I eagarly await the launch of an A/Soft Sterling. & I know I am one of Many!...........................

Comment

Not enough pistols in here. This is a JAC BHP. Looks lovely, fires OK but is atrociously inaccurate, firing very low even at close range.

cea1d9f8.jpg

Comment

So, I took a WE BHP and made this:

Comment

Nice, how did you manage the slide? Dremmell work?
                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

A big file.

The WE slide has a hole in the top, usually hidden by the rear sight. This had to be filled with Milliput, The rear section of the slide is also raised and needed to be filed down a lot. I made both front and rear sights out of Milliput too.

Comment

Good work, where did you find the grips?
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Off the JAC. I have some spare WE 'flat' grips that I have painted black. They look ok on this, but not as good as the ones fitted. They too needed fettling, but only on the inside surfaces. They now fit both JAC and WE. I will keep eyes open for some more though so the JAC can have them back.

Comment

Heres my sa80 collection also have the star aw338 but not shown.

Comment

Cut down "jungle" SLR

Comment

was messing about with photobucket

Comment

Here's a couple, notice correct, or about as close as it gets to, ACOG
                              Attached Files
                              I'm getting too old for this shit

Comment

Smith & Wesson revolver, closest you'll get to the popular uk officers 'private purchase' "victory" model.

shoot n scoot lee enfield

Shoot n Scoot Bren (not mine but part of our groups)

Like wise an airsoft vickers MMG which was part of PBI

L85a2 prior to my susat arriving.

L1a1 with early 1960s wood kit

Early US m16

Sten MKII

SMG (sterling)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
                                Working...
                                X