*Request* ASCU gen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Request* ASCU gen 3

I know its early days but i was wandering if anyone has used one yet? Is it any different than the v2?

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: *Request* ASCU gen 3

english was never my greatest strength, but ill give a (very) short review a go.

got mine last week and was very impressed with the design. ive been after an all in the gearbox fet for ages as i dont like the idea of a PEQ that dosnt function as one, or bit stocks/forgrips

was very easy to install, but i had to make minor mods to get it to fit as it was a bit tight. just a case of opening up one of the guid holes, and filing down the corners of the board (was being fitted into a spectre gearbox for referance)

the guid was very helpfull with clear pictures of how/where stuff should go. really helped with getting the wiring correct (messed up the 1st time)

with regards to the wiring, i had an issue on my 1st attempted where the trigger was catching on the one of them, so semi auto was horrid. after taking it apart and taking a bit more time to gently press it all down into the gearbox guides, was fine.

now had a chance to skirmish with it yet, but from messing with it in the house, seems to turn over quickly, though with my 13:1 gear set i have had better results than this. however, this i highly suspect is due to my ages SHS motor. ill be picking up a lonex a2 soon and i imagine things will pick up from there.

things i noticed about it specifically, the selector plate is very loose due to its design, and need to be installed as your putting it in the gearbox to make sure you dont drop or misalign the damn thing as the gearbox is going in the body.
    ive not been able to double tap on semi as fast as i could before hand, but this could very well be a combo of my dying motor, and not being used to the microswitch trigger.

as ive said im yet to skirmish with it, but so far i am happy with it. weather it beats an ascu v2 or not i cant answer, but for me the fast that its all in the gearbox is its biggest selling point. i dont tend to use full auto, and have never had burst so cant comment on that until i use it. though i suspect ill be treating it as my new semi in woodland.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Sounds typical of an airsoft systems product then lol needs abit of feteling to work well lol thanks for the info mate will take it in board and consider the points you have mentioned

Ash
      Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Mine is in, seems to work fine, bit fiddly to install (so I have been told, a friend installed mine, its in a g&p sentry), I will be having a bash with mine at the weekend at copehill, will let you know how it goes

Comment

I am stuck with mine i have had my g&P in bits for days now !. it was working the trigger response was rubbish though then all of a sudden it stopped and now it beeps when i plug the battery in to say vrythink is all o.k then when i pull the trigger nothing happens ??? http://youtu.be/M8Z0txjikOs

Comment

Was a bit of filing needed to get it in side my g&p gearbox also had to get a high torque motor to get it running as it doesn't like the standard g&p m120 motor don't think the trigger response is any faster than a normal switch assembly but the programming to desired firing modes and saving battery and gearbox longevity is what this is about I did have a dodgy one to start with but got that sorted by the retailer

Comment

Originally posted by Mrjackyoung View Post
              I am stuck with mine i have had my g&P in bits for days now !. it was working the trigger response was rubbish though then all of a sudden it stopped and now it beeps when i plug the battery in to say vrythink is all o.k then when i pull the trigger nothing happens ??? http://youtu.be/M8Z0txjikOs
              seems like your trigger is moving nearly enough (compared to how far mine has to travel anyway) have you left any of the safety mech in by mistake? or it the trigger catching on anything? they mention in the guid you might have to mod some triggers so that they don't hit the fet
              For Sale!
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph

Comment

I filed down the trigger I can actually feel the switch being triggered when I pull the trigger but nothink happens. I'm wondering if the trigger switch is broken ? I'm wonder if ******* uk could fix it

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping my one is doggy as when it was working I could pull the trigger in semi 10 times and only 5-4 shoots were fired the response was that slow. I bought two I haven't dared try installing the second until I can get this one fixed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping my one is doggy as when it was working I could pull the trigger in semi 10 times and only 5-4 shoots were fired the response was that slow. I bought two I haven't dared try installing the second until I can get this one fixed

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Originally posted by Mrjackyoung View Post
                  looks like you have activated the hop unit,

place it on safe, plug the battery in, within 3 seconds select semi, and hold down the trigger till it beeps, wait for a single beep, then pull the trigger, wait for a longer single beep,

then see if it fires,

Comment

What motor are you using my g&p m120 wasn't man enough had to put a m170 one in for it to work

Comment

it dont matter, if there was something wrong with the motor/unit, when he goes to pull the trigger it, would beep 3 times and shut down, untill the battery is reset,

im running mine on a std unbranded lump of poop, works fine!

then again im running it on a 12v nicd!

Comment

did not work. im using g&P m120 but it was working on that motor until it stopped. when i first used it i did not get to program it it just went straight to the factory fire settings

Comment

im finding semi to be a lot slower to respond that a standard trigger set also, if others are experiencing this to, and its not down to me not being used to it, then thats a massive let down. one of the major points is that you get "ptw like" trigger response out of these units. so far that has not been the case
                          For Sale!
                          A&K massada sniper spec
                          Chronograph

Comment

having owned both,

they both have the own flaws and advantages,

the gen3 does not have an external mosfet, with no bloody crap data wire to break every month, but the trigger switch it poor with no feel to it,
                            the gen 2, has an brill clicky trigger, but with the mosfet and data cable,

i have no problems with speed, iv tried it on an 11.1 lipo and a normal mini 12v, ditch the lipo go to the 12v mini, its so much more responsive!

- - - Updated - - -

Mrjackyoung

are you sure the bit you have to glue to the trigger has not gone walkies ?

Comment

yea i just opened up my gearbox again i filed down the cut off lever by a small fraction to make sure it was not constantly engaging the cut off switch but still no luck i am going to file a fraction more off tomorrow see if that helps if that dose work i have no idea what to-do. I really hope it gets fixed i spent 160 on two of these units :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                              Working...
                              X