Madbull ultimate hop plus LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull ultimate hop plus LED

Can someone write a review on this please?
    "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Re: Madbull ultimate hop plus LED

Just been looking at one of these myself - the LED unit as the wheel seems so much better, any news on this from Z1 users?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I can't give a full review, but fitted one to my G and P Fighting Cat yesterday. First impressions were good, all nice and shiney. Looked and felt to be a magnesium type material it's made of, very light. There are more mould markings on the outside than there are on the G and P one. Maybe I'm being fussy but I would have expected less for an aftermarket leading custom part. The wheel on the back is much better than the side wheel. Allowing in game tweaking.

My G and P one was very tight to move while in the gun, this one while tight is a much better design.

One of my team mates fitted one to his G and P Stubby killer and says it is excellent. He was on a night game recently and said the tracer is brilliant works just as it should, and the hop is a big improvement over standard. Giving useable range to 50+ m.

The fit for the barrel is much tighter than the standard hop up. Using some fishing silicon pole elastic lube on the outside of the rubber, took three or four attempts to get in the right place, making sure there is an equal ammount of rubber all the way round when looking into the rear of the hop up.

When testing it in doors the little O ring that stops bb's dropping out doesn't hinder feeding, mine didn't miss a beat and is over 25 per sec. Soon to be slowed down a bit as it is to quick.

I didn't buy the tracer unit with mine but will add it later.

All in all I can't wait to get out and try it. Hope that helps.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Yeah it does actually thanks, thinking of sticking one into my G&P Marine and was wondering if it was worth it over the standard metal unit with my TM rubber and nub + Madbull Python V2 and how well it fitted the G&P's.

Comment

If you fit one can you let us know how easy it is to wire in. I would consider front wiring the tracer leaving the gearbox rear wired, seperate batteries. Just for ease of taking the gun apart. That and you can get some tiny 7.4 lippo's combined with a switch, seems the way foreward.
          Gun tech.

Comment

Yeah was thinking about that myself, may just decide the tracer isn't worth it and stick with just the hop minus the tracer and save myself the hassle. Was only going to be for weekender night game anyway.

Comment

I just had a brain wave......Fit a dummy torch and use the switch to control the tracer.....How good is that....

I suppose the other thing is maybe better not being a lippo in case you over discharge it.
              Gun tech.

Comment

could also wire it to a peq box up front

Comment

I'm interested in getting one of these hop-ups as well.
                  The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by acheekymonkeyuk View Post
                    could also wire it to a peq box up front
                    I'm not keen on PEQ boxes.......It's taken long enough for me to move to mini M4 from AK's let alone start BLINGING it up...lol
                    Gun tech.

Comment

Just bought the non tracer version to stick in my G&P M4 with TM rubber and Madbull V2 black python, next skirmish is ground zero woodland in 2 weeks so can tell you how it is after then.

Comment

To save starting another thread im looking at getting one of these too and was just wondering if its feasible to wire the LED to the trigger switch so that it only comes on when the trigger is pulled? Obviously the first couple of rounds probably wont illuminate but thats not a problem and it would save on battery to i reckon.
                        sigpic

Comment

What would be mega mega mega handy is if someone could do a vid of the tracers firing out and posting it on youtube. I really want to see how bright these illuminate as from what i can see, the BBs only get illuminated on one side of the tube so compared to a full tracer unit which illuminates the whole BB I reckon it wont be as good. Hope im wrong though.
                          "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

Logically, it wouldn't be so bright, but as the hop is back-spinning the BB the illuminated part will still be pretty visible.
                            sigpic

Comment

I suppose another good way round this would be to have tracer mags to do some "pre illumination" and the hop would finish the job off. I wonder how hard it would be to fit 2 LED units to it buy doing some precision filing?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ward8124 REME 94-02 Find out more about Ward8124
                              Working...
                              X