digital camo. made easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital camo. made easy.

ive decided that on my bar 10 im gonna have a go at digital camouflage.
    ive thinking of many ways in which i can do this but up till now ive had no luck. i went to WHsmiths to get some pens and crap for school but then realised what if i got small sticky squares! of course i couldnt find some so i ask some one and he showed me the isle. there were the usual thingy like big sticky labels for books, folder youname it but what struck my eye were these.

basicly they are double sided foam blocks that are 5mm squared.

if you combine then with square paper that you find in maths books you can create the bigger areas then finish of the small bits by sticking the "sticky squares" to it.
    im using the sticky squares to hold down the paper.

be warned though that they are very sticky and may take your paint off. i am still waiting for my other spray paint but when that comes and i finish it ill let y'all know.
    they seem good and i allready tried it on the white card and srpayed on black paint.

this is to demonsrate the crispness of the edges once the squares are taken away.

these were £3.99 for one pack so i bought 2 just in case.

hope this helps.

Re: digital camo. made easy.

Is that some sneeky green I see on the stock?? :D shh..

Hmm, nice guide. But the squares don't look that crisp if im honest. They look pretty smudgy around the edges. Maybe you could post a photo of the whole gun with the finished paint job?

Comment

i bought it 3rd hand of the forums:D
      tbh when you look at it from about 5 meters away it looks crisp but its the close up that does it. yer will post pics of finally gun

Comment

can u post some pics of the whole gun so we can see it properly? thanks

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

do you mean atm with the stickers on or when its complete?
          ill post one of the whole gun but there isnt much because im doing a small bit black (not mauch at all really) and then the next layer it sand, which will reciave the same treatment as the black has, then finally i spray with olive green and remove the covered bits.:D
          in fact ill take pics of it now and ill wait till i have pics of the whole thing

Comment

update so far with out the stickers but will have it done tonight

Comment

finally its done
              i had a problem with my olive spray paint where it held itself down and just kept spraying. i couldnt stop it so i now have 3/4 of a krylon can that doesnt work.
              i tried a solution to the problem by taking the pin out and putting it back in. i tryed it and dropped the pin so had to make one. got it going but it was spraying everywhere.
              as clearly demonstrated on my school shirt.

its not brilliant but my first attempt and it looks ok. could be dark brown aswell but it'll do me:D
              shame about the spray paint busting cos krylon leaves an awsome finish!

Comment

haha i love the shirt mate, plus the gun looks very nice. one thing which confused me is:
                you sprayed that greyey olivey colour over the cubes, now wouldnt on the bottom of the cubes it would be black? but its a lighter colour. it looks very nice but how did that happen??

thanks ; )

and how did you get rid ov that greyey colour all over which you sprayed ?

thanks a lot mate

Comment

heres a list off what i did.

first i got the stock. it looked like somone had given it to some reseption kids and asked them to paint it with their hand, (curtusy of strettman:D)

i got some super fine P400 sand paper and gave the whole thing a rub down.

then i had some black spray paint kicking around so i sprayed it on in random dots on the gun. (there wasnt much of it so i did the butt and the foregrip:D)

then as you can see in the first few pics i got some maths book squared paper and the cubes which i stuck over the black

in the sixth image you can see. i sprayed the sand colour on in the same fashion as the black just more of it. once that had fully dried i put more squared paper on along with the cubes. (picture 6,7,8)

once i had them all done and stuck down i got my olive spray paint and gave it a full spray over.(it exploded when it got to the stock. it went all over my face and the shirt)

once the olive coat was on and dry i ripped them off. due to the fact they get stickier the longer you leave them it meant that some of the foam was left behind. done worry cos i just got my finger and rubbed where all the foam was and it pealed off nicely!

im unsure what you mean by the grey?

Comment

looks tastyier than i thought it would!
                    Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

dont worrie you have answered my question thanks

Comment

ok glad to be of help:D

Comment

Hi usually hate digital patterns and spray jobs, but that looks the dogs bollocks! Well done!

Comment

If you were to go for more than 1 colour change i.e khaki grey and black, could you do what you did with the olive first, and put some sticky pads on it, then once doing the first layer, then leave the sticky pads on and in essence repeat the way you did the olive ones in the first place, then once you have done the olive ones put on black, and you would have a more varied digital than just 2 colours :D
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

im just looking for a new spray type now can think of owt.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X