X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE XDM review

What weight of bbs work best with this?

Comment

Good review and a lot of good info on this thread. Anyone know if you can get these with the tan lower? I know you can with the compact.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWere-Donkey View Post
        Can't tell you from my own experience, but my mate has the WE XDM and 0.2g bbs are simply just too light and even with the hop at its lowest setting there is too much backspin and the bbs go towards the clouds after about 20m. Not noticeable during CQB, but at any mid range or beyond it's accuracy won't be too good. I would recommend 0.3g which I use in my own WE pistol (Not an XDM though), and they seem to perform much better over longer range shots.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWere-Donkey View Post
          0.28g seem to work the best with a properly seated hop :D

Comment

How does one fix overhop? For some reason whether the hop is fully engaged or fully disengaged, it seems like the BBs flight path doesn't change.

Comment

I had to bend the hop adjustment arm on mine to get it to hop correctly. I've slightly overdone mine so I have to have the hop on full to hop a .28, however it does hop it perfectly and sends it quite a distance!

Comment

Off to google I go!
                I've never taken apart/seen hopup stuffz ;D

Wouldn't want to break anything.

Comment

My New WE XDM, bought after reading this review and scowering YouTube.
                  Got to say I love it. Think I want the slide Cerakoting burnt bronze, or painting if any one knows a good hard wearing paint.
                  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354322576.065769.jpg
                  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354322602.174603.jpg
                  Mark

Comment

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but would you guys recommend the WE version over the Marui? Which has better gas efficiency, groupings, range, durability, kick, trigger etc? Getting a new pistol for Christmas and can't decide!

Comment

I get about 4 mags off one gassing on mine and comparing it to the marui one it isn't that different quality wise. Mine was £50 plus postage. The marui one is nearly 3 x the price.

Comment

WE had a bad rep for quality but the new pistols seem far better. My WE XDM has one of the best kick going and the hop is great as is the range. Only down side is the FPS of either but I use it for CQB so not much of an issue.
                        Mark

Comment

WE all the way. Great quality pistol from them and well worth the money.

Comment

A mate got one with the tan lower, looked nice but mags all leaked and mis feed, he's sent it back to see if the retailer can fix it

Comment

I got the WE version on Sunday, my only gripe is I didn't get one sooner.

Comment

Just thought that i would add a little tip to this thread as it may help some people who may have this problem at a later date.

A few days ago something changed in my WE XDM which stopped me from being able to remove the top slide. On close inspection i found that the hammer mech was fouling on the "cocked indicator" plate, after pressing down on the hammer mech with a small screwdriver the top slide came off.
                                I then set about filing the little plate down a bit, it still works after the adjustment and no longer fouls. Just remember if you have to do this do small adjustments, i now have a fully working pistol again

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
                                Working...
                                X