Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE XDM review

Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
    A mate got one with the tan lower, looked nice but mags all leaked and mis feed, he's sent it back to see if the retailer can fix it
    nah dude that was the m&p. If i have any more grief with it i might give this a look. phil reckons the compact is pretty damn good as well

Comment

Originally posted by sickboy76 View Post
      nah dude that was the m&p. If i have any more grief with it i might give this a look. phil reckons the compact is pretty damn good as well
      Whoops that'll teach me to try and be helpfull!

Comment

Originally posted by kee_wee View Post
        On close inspection i found that the hammer mech was fouling on the "cocked indicator" plate, after pressing down on the hammer mech with a small screwdriver the top slide came off.
        I had a similar issue but it was only the fact the rear sight screw had come loose, allowing the mech to drop. Bit of loctite solved that problem and its been great ever since.

Comment

Got the XDM at Christmas, and I havent stopped shooting it since! Great range, kick and gas efficiency. It has worked flawlessely until today. Now on random occassions when I shoot it, the slide will move back maybe 1cm and stick, the gas vents out of it and the slide completely locks up? when I remove the magazine, the slide just returns forward? Anybody know what might be causing this? Also another small niggle, the front sight appears to be coming loose, but i don't know how to tighten it up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by samborambo View Post
            Got the XDM at Christmas, and I havent stopped shooting it since! Great range, kick and gas efficiency. It has worked flawlessely until today. Now on random occassions when I shoot it, the slide will move back maybe 1cm and stick, the gas vents out of it and the slide completely locks up? when I remove the magazine, the slide just returns forward? Anybody know what might be causing this? Also another small niggle, the front sight appears to be coming loose, but i don't know how to tighten it up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
            Rear sight screw mate. I'm betting that's the slide sticking issue as mine did the same until I used some thread lock on it.
            The front sight is held in with a small pin. putting some loctite on that should also help solve that problem.

Comment

Right, Im gonna do this as a TM lover.
              Having owned earlier WEs (1911s, hicapas), they were shocking, all ended up in the bin.
              Ive had a few TMs and they have been damn good.

Ive just done a weekender and they had a retail shop on site, obviously I take a look. Oh look, they have one of those XDM compacts. Hmmm, its WE.
              I pick the thing up, thoughts of 'God, what the hell am I doing picking this piece of crap up?'
              To my surprise, it was quite weighty, hmm, it has a nice texture and a good sold feel, it makes a nice noise when you cock it, my thoughts are now, 'Oh god, I actually quite like this'.
              It has 2 magazines in the box, one short and one standard, the short one has the end plate to extend the pistol grip, the normal mag didnt but oh look, it has 3 extenders that slide over the normal mag to extend the pistol grip. 3 already supplied, one for the mag in the box and 2 more for extra mags purchased, thats a nice touch indeed.
              Tried it with a gassed up mag. By f**k it goes like a freight train, kicks hard and cycles fast.
              I think to myself, 'But TM am bestest, this cant be true, I actually like a non 1911, worse its made by WE!'

I now own a WE XDM Compact.
              Im impressed, very impressed. For the price you get 3 backstraps for grip customisation, 3 grip extensions to use normal magazines amd a well built, nicely finished, great performing pistol.
              The weekend event was amazing, the pistol was amazing, my faith in airsoft has been restored.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sorry for re-opening an old thread but you guys are the people I wish to quiz. Unfortunately due to the death of my FN 5-7 I am in the market for a new and slightly unusual pistol and I have my eye on this. In particularly the WE version as I have heard good things about current generation good and the fact I don't want to have to pay TM prices, well not until the the 870 comes out.

So my questions are this. How are your XDM's running now? What holsters are you using? Would you recommend them. Also other than size differences with the compact again how easy is it to get a holster and any performance differences?
                Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Well, mine has been sitting broken in a box since march, and I only got it at Christmas. First the front sight fell off, not the end of the world I thought, I just glued it back on. After that, the cocked indicator plate at the back bent, not allowing the pistol to cycle, so I had to remove that to get the pistol working again. Now, the pistol fires in full auto, and vents all of the gas after about 8 shots. I have heard that all of these problems are fairly common on the xdms after about 500 shots or so. Up until 500 shots, I loved it. It kicked VERY hard, had great range and accuracy with .3s, and had amazing gas efficiency. In fact, I could get over 80 shots out of one fill of gas indoors at 20 degrees.
                  If your planning on getting a pistol just to fill a holster and look the part, go for it, or just if you want something to use once in a blue moon. But if you want something that'll still work 500 shots in, I wouldn't advise one.

Comment

running a ok I've had no problem

Comment

My we xdm is sitting in a box, still waiting the spare parts I was promised.

Hammer went and it decided to do a g18c impression before venting the gas. Worst hundred quid ive ever spent. All the cheese metal parts have worn out so fast
                      -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                      -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

This might help those who like to do maintenance on their guns.
                        http://translate.googleusercontent.c...uzhO2V57L3JjPg

Comment

XDM still running perfectly. One of the best pistols I own and I've not had to do any work on it other than general cleaning and maintenance.
                          Very happy.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but just wondered what the we xdm is a replica of, is it like a usp, 1911, p226 etc
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a Springfield XDM

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you, Might be getting one later, ok for a first pistol?
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
                                Working...
                                X