Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P226 or KWA p226 Arghh

Hi all,

Wanted some advice, TM p226 or KWA p226. I want a gun with the best range and accuracy. Had a TM 1911 but sold it. Really impressed with the TM hop up, will fly 0.43 as accurate as some AEG's. will i get the same performance out of a TM p226 or a KWA p226?

Re: TM P226 or KWA p226 Arghh

TM for performance as it's mostly plastic. The KWA is metal so much heavier and a nicer feel.:D
    Gonnae nae dae that?

Comment

I have a TM and have had a go on the KWA, the metal is nice but for reliability (even when very cold) and for the ease of spare parts get the TM. I have never run out of gas with my TM and on Ultra Gas it is a beast and has an awesome kick.

Comment

tm then get a metal kit in the future
        Originally posted by FireKnife
        Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Cool, but does the Metal kit affect the performance?

Comment

I think it's almost a no brainer to go for the TM if you're planning to skirmish it. It's possibly the most accurate GBB I've owned, very gas efficient and it, as already mentioned, has a nice kick to it. Yes, it is a little plasticy, but it's really not that bad and there are numerous metal kits and upgrades available for it.

The TM pretty much trumps the KWA in every aspect, except that it doesn't come with a metal kit stock... But IMO, the finish on the KWA looks a little iffy with the trades and a TM with a metal kit would be fair superior.

Take a look at the Guarder kits for a fairly priced kit In answer to your question a metal kit will require slightly more gas to cycle, but I'm fairly confident you will easily fire off a whole mag with no problems at all.

Hope that's been of some help
            For Sale: G&P/Guarder/TM M4/M16 parts - Grips, front ends, stock, motor, rail covers, carry handle etc.

Comment

If you want it metal I have a piratically new metal kit for a TM P226 for sale.

Comment

After extensive tm p226 fiddling ,and reading with reguards to metal kits. I found any of the upgrades increasing gas useage are a waste of time .Like uprated springs, and high flow mag valves .Infact you can run it with the stock parts .The upgrades that help efficiency are what you want .I have a nineball hop, nineball mag routers, tightbore barrel, shooters design nozzle(should have gone guarder though), KA piston head, and KA high flow rocket valve. With all this I'm using the stock recoil spring with a few coils snipped off ,so its locks back more reliably. And a guarder 150% cut down to where you just get tension against the hammer with it installed ,making it slighly less powerfull than the stock hammer spring

Comment

forgot to add. Last chrono I had a 2mm spacer behind the hammer spring to add alittle tension it was a consistant 300fps. Its probably a pinch less now but it helps with efficiency ,and locking back.

Comment

What about the KJ Work 226?, I've had mine about 6 weeks and had around 20 mags through it.
                    Work great a hell of a kick and full metal.
                    Can use green gas out of the box too.
                    Its around the £90 mark

Comment

Sounds good, what's the range/accuracy like?

Comment

I have a KJW P226 and it is utterly useless for 5 months of the British year due to cooldown. Hence why I am also torn between the TM and the KSC/KWA System 7 as both appear to be skirmishable all year round. I believe that the TM will be better in terms of hop and can survive even lower temps than the KSC/KWA (which can only be a good thing) but I really, really prefer full metal. In short a sidearm that isn't useable all year round is of no use to me whatsoever so the KJW has to go. I have come to the conclusion that I will just have to try and handle both the TM and KSC as I've spent over 6 months already trying to make my mind up and have got nowhere!

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                        TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Originally posted by dave-yzf View Post
                          What about the KJ Work 226?, I've had mine about 6 weeks and had around 20 mags through it.
                          Work great a hell of a kick and full metal.
                          Can use green gas out of the box too.
                          Its around the £90 mark
                          I think theres allot of mixed opinions regarding the P226 and which version to go for, they both fire extremely well and are both accurate. You get a little more FPS on the TM and get you anything from 1/2 to 1 mag more gas out of a TM.

However, so many people love the KJW for its realistic feel, weight and yet it also shoots really well.

Theres not much in it, I think its down to preference and how much you depend on your pistol.

EDIT; My vote is the KJW for realism.
                          Last edited by kilbz; 19 August, 2010, 18:54. Reason: added something.

Comment

TM amazing for games, gas consumption is really good. get at the VERY least a the full mag off each fill! highly recommended!
                            Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
                            The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

I have had the KJ works P229 and currently have the TM P226.

the KJ works is good when the weather is baking hot and you will get a full mag of bb's per gas re fill but as soon as it drops below 15-18deg you start to have issues with it cooling down before emptying the mag and between autum and spring you might as well leave it at home because it was naff.

The metal was nice and sounded really beefy if the weather is suitable.

I swapped to the TM for all the reasons above. mainly because i wanted to know that when i drew on mt side arm and pulled the trigger it would shoot bb's at people instead of turn into a cloud of gas (Like the KJ did on me many a time)

I have had my TM for 2 years, used it and abused it and it still works. Im going to treat it to a tune up this winter and see how it goes.

If i was you I would get a TM pistol, no matter which it is you will not go wrong.
                              Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
                              KSC USP compact
                              G&P M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sgt Rob Find out more about Sgt Rob
                              Working...
                              X