• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM P226 or KWA p226 Arghh

Can a stock TM pistol use green gas ?
    sigpic

Comment

Still using My KJ P226 and its got to be my most reliable pistol I've got.

Went mussel first into a bog a few month ago and still fired fine.

Wouldn't want to do that with a TM for fear of breaking it.

"Can a stock TM pistol use green gas ?" Yes but you run the risk of breaking it as its a plastic slide. Ultra gas is what I use on mine and it still shots far and accurate.

Comment

Can a stock TM pistol use green gas ?
        Yes.

Comment

Well the hop-up is great on TM pistols but they are made of plastic and more likely to break. Where as the KWA P226, its made of full metal (apart from grip) and the hop-up can be changed on the move without removing the slide, there's a little tool you put inside the chamber and turn it left or right depending what you need. This makes the kwa great for outdoor skirmishes because you can change it depending on the wind without messing round taking the slide off.

Comment

TM all the way,as well as the great hop that you have said you will get better all year round results with it being a plastic slide as metal slides are poo in winter, TM guns also work fine on green if that's what you run.

As for breaking as its plastic, dont worry about it, TM are long lasting guns and the hop adjustment tool thing on the KWA, are you really likely to be using it mid game, the only time you know you will need to adjust the hop is if firing and if its "in game" then you cant just shout for the other players to stop and dig out the tool from your kit.

Oh and gas vents in winter with a KWA - maybe not always, but its certainly more likely to than a TM
            Last edited by Rainbow6; 11 September, 2011, 09:12. Reason: edit
            sigpic

Comment

Well the hop-up is great on TM pistols but they are made of plastic and more likely to break
              In my experience it's the all metal pistols that start to break first. Out of all the pistols I have owned, including 2 KWAs that were broken after 2/3 weeks of use, it's the TMs that never go wrong.

Comment

My advice would be to avoid TM guns that are totally plastic. Like the glock I've recently had. Hi capes are great, with the metal lowerC but the glock broke it's own lower in less than 2 months

Comment

glock broke it's own lower in less than 2 months
                  That's interesting, I have a Glock 26 and a Glock 17 Custom and neither of them have had a single promblem, and are in great internal condition after about 4/5 months of daily use.

What exactly do you mean by 'broke down it's lower'?

Comment

rear hammer assembly screw hole in the frame, cracked, so no longer holds the screw in.

front screw hole had she same issue, snapped, so when i took it off, half that sticking up part came off with the barrel runners

Comment

Ah right, I assume you were using Propane/Green?

Comment

Propane yes. I know the rear hammer screw was my fault, it kept working itself loose, and I screwed it in too hard. I heard a smalle snap but thought nothing of it at the time.

The front screw was strange though. Seems to be shattered by the looks of it, so will assume that was the shock of propane. I think its worth saying that all plastic pistols dont handle propane very well!

Comment

I always use Abbey Ultra in TMs, so I guess that's why mine never seem to break. I suppose despite the fact that most TMs can handle propane, and that's now pretty well known, they just don't last as long.

Comment

Hmm. To be fair the slide and all working parts are fine, so its probably a case of a new guarder frame is a must have to run a glock 17 reliably long term on propane

Comment

Hmm. To be fair the slide and all working parts are fine, so its probably a case of a new guarder frame is a must have to run a glock 17 reliably long term on propane
                              Yeah I assume that would help, but for me I find TM cycle perfectly fast on Abbey Ultra so I'll be sticking to that for long term use.

Comment

had my Tm p226 for 4 years completely stock and not one single thing has gone wrong with it, even running it on something slightly more potent then green i even sold the KWA one i had as I just love the TM one to much

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sgt Rob Find out more about Sgt Rob
                                Working...
                                X