Tokyo marui - MK.23 SOCOM. NON-BB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo marui - MK.23 SOCOM. NON-BB.

KSC mags in a Marui? Sorry mate, I can't help ya. They're out of production and getting rare. But if they did, it would follow you can stick Marui ones in a KSC GBB Mk23, surely. If you search for KSC mags, there's a few different ones for different models they made.

That suggests there's a difference between various KSC Mk23 mags and not all will work with all KSC's. Maybe one KSC is similar enough to Marui mags, but it would follow not every model of KSC is.

Truthfully, due to the scarcity, If you have one or two KSC mags and no KSC pistol, but you do own a Marui NBB Mk23 pistol, I'd flog the KSC mags for a premium price and get 3 or 4 actual Mk23 NBB mags for the money.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info mate
      It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Knight View Post
        I'd flog the KSC mags for a premium price and get 3 or 4 actual Mk23 NBB mags for the money.
        Hmmm I'd go with some non-tm mags because the clone mags can take green gas without any issues, as far as i'm aware KSC MK23 mags should fit a TM MK23 but don't quote me on it.

@Rob might try and find some glow-in-the-dark paint for my sights :D

Was at a skirmish yesterday, as per usual was only using my mk23 with silencer, we were crawling through the ferns and noticed a target about 30m away uphill. I thought i might as well take a pot shot and try my luck, pulled the trigger and all i see is the guy's head jerk backwards and stood up to take his hit.
        Couldn't help but chuckle to myself as i continued to crawl through the bushes :D

Also managed to get a crap load of stealth kills that day, sometimes i wonder why i only take my mk23 out to each game...and then its times like those i remember exactly why!

Comment

as far as i'm aware KSC MK23 mags should fit a TM MK23 but don't quote me on it.
          Even though the KSC is a GBB? I doubt they will fit.

Comment

Yeah, safest grab some actual GBB mags. I've just picked up some clone ASG mags, based on your findings, Foxhound. I've had a couple of Marui ones blow their seals and leak, but only after repeated use in extremely cold weather. My local shop drills em out and fixes em for a fiver. However, I'm gonna try some of these clone ones for cold days and potentially avoid the bother.

One thing I noticed, is that they're a cow to gas up. Rather like other non-Marui mags I've owned in the past, you have a right fiddle and can't be confident it's taking gas and end up wasting a load in the excercise. At least with Marui ones it's a more definite process.

Glad to hear you're keepin it real on the Socom front Foxhound! You got a tight inner barrel in yours? If not I'd reccomend you do- you'll see a slight improvement yet more in the range- which is what it's all about with the Mk23.

On painting your sights- I did the whole back face of the sight block, front and back, carefully. If I did it again (or indeed have to if the paint rubs off) I'll get me dremel out and lightly, carefully, drill 3 circular indents at the exact spots. That should countersink the paint out of the way and help it last longer.

Comment

Wow awesome Rob i'll need to give that a go with the sights! My MK is stock at the moment but i've been looking into getting it upgraded for some time, my hop up at the moment is set to full and i'm using .25 BBs.

I'm not sure if i need to get a new hop up or if it just needs a decent clean lol :S pretty sure it'd be the latter

Comment

Quote:
                as far as i'm aware KSC MK23 mags should fit a TM MK23 but don't quote me on it.
                Even though the KSC is a GBB? I doubt they will fit.
                Really? I thought it was NBB, hmmm must of gotten mixed up with different MK23, i do know there's one out there which is NBB with a barrel extension as opposed to a silencer (and runs a bit hot iirc!)

Comment

Ok so the general consensus is that we should stick to the Marui mags, even though they can't handle green gas.

What upgrades would you guys recommend ? Every time I do a search for upgrades I get reviews about putting the barrel through the silencer which I dont want to do :/
                  It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by Four Leaf View Post
                    Ok so the general consensus is that we should stick to the Marui mags, even though they can't handle green gas...
                    Try an ASG mag for green gas and see how you get on :D

Comment

Upgrades wise it's pretty limited. There were once far superior after market Lam units, and Nine Ball once made a rail converter block which resized from Mk23's rail to standard 20mm ris- both are discontinued now, though if anyone reads this and is sat on either of these, they can PM me and I'll be biting their hand off!

Even though the Marui Mk23 is generally available and still made, a lot of the upgrade parts can be tricky to source. Sometimes I go to UN Company in Hong Kong for such bits. I have a tight barrel fitted and also own a Marui mag with a hi-flow valve, for a bit more ooomph on long shots.

I feed mine on .25s and they seem about right with hop full on.

If you own an clone, bought a Marui second hand with accessories missing, or for whatever lack for a silencer, you can get a muzzle thread adapter. This allows the application of standard 14mm thread aeg socom silencers.

I've heard mixed things on the clone Mk23s, but I read (here) that the mags are more robust. It's the clone one with the non-working silencer that is actually a barrel extention- which in truth exchanges one of the useful accessories for an item that is, frankly somewhat uncalled-for, unless it's for attatching when the site's marshalls ain't looking to bang your handgun up to super hot. Tut.

Comment

Sorry Four Leaf, forgot to say... the barrel extensions I've ever seen for Marui MK23 NBB are the actual pistol length, not "plus silencer" length.

Watch out if you do shop abroad, apparently there's a Marui springer Mk23 also out there. We don't have any interest in 'em in the UK since UKARA took RIFs away from any old kid on the street, but if you're buying from the Far East, look to be sure the part or item is for the NBB version.

I've never heard of an inner barrel available that runs the whole length of the silencer and pistol. I guess one could make one from an aeg one, if one were so inclined. However it would result in a pistol that was A) not silent and B) had an FPS that would get you banned from sites- and rightly so. As I've said before, I don't hold with these clones with barrel extensions that provide a velocity upgrade once in game- or sheer viciousness at CQB distances.

Comment

Yeah I totally agree, I dont like the idea that people are running around with a pistol that can shoot 400 odd FPS.

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking to get a nice inner barrel and maybe a new hop rubber

Comment

Foxhound, do you find the ASG mags awkward to gas up compared to Marui ones, or is there a knack I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Knight View Post
                              Foxhound, do you find the ASG mags awkward to gas up compared to Marui ones, or is there a knack I'm missing?
                              Erm I don't have too much hassle with them, I use Kick ass gas which comes with a red nozzle extension, don't know if it's the same for the gas you use but it seems to do the trick.

As for the barrel extensions the TM version uses the same inner barrel as a TM VSR, therefore the barrel inside can be extended to pretty much the tip of the silencer. I've heard there are some which come a few inches short of the end of the suppressor which would still retain some silence.

However using this your FPS kicks out over 400 which you'd obviously be held at the 20-25m range of contact. At my site it's not too much of a problem because it's woodland and i was seriously considering buying another MK23 to try it out on.

Since I got a scope mount it seems viable to put some form of magnified scope onto it with the barrel extension and hey presto! you have a pocket rifle lol!

Still need to get myself another MK23 to experiment on, i'm too scared to break my original one...i think i've grown attached to it too much

Comment

Originally posted by F0xHound View Post
                                Erm I don't have too much hassle with them, I use Kick ass gas which comes with a red nozzle extension, don't know if it's the same for the gas you use but it seems to do the trick.

As for the barrel extensions the TM version uses the same inner barrel as a TM VSR, therefore the barrel inside can be extended to pretty much the tip of the silencer. I've heard there are some which come a few inches short of the end of the suppressor which would still retain some silence.

However using this your FPS kicks out over 400 which you'd obviously be held at the 20-25m range of contact. At my site it's not too much of a problem because it's woodland and i was seriously considering buying another MK23 to try it out on.

Since I got a scope mount it seems viable to put some form of magnified scope onto it with the barrel extension and hey presto! you have a pocket rifle lol!

Still need to get myself another MK23 to experiment on, i'm too scared to break my original one...i think i've grown attached to it too much
                                Please, for the love of god. Do not put a scope on that pistol. The entire airsoft community will thank you for it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X