Desert Eagle, Pro's and Con's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Eagle, Pro's and Con's?

What are the Pro's and Con's, would you reccomend it?
    Is it too heavy?

Cheers.
    Armoury:

Tokyo Marui MP5
    KSC Glock 17
    A&K Dragunov

Re: Desert Eagle, Pro's and Con's?

Assuming we are talking TM here?

Pro's: Big, good kick, nice finish, good mag capacity.
    Con's: Big, can be too heavy for some, the sights aren't amazing.

That's about all i can think of at the moment.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm talking about the TM one.

Thanks.
      Armoury:

Tokyo Marui MP5
      KSC Glock 17
      A&K Dragunov

Comment

Pros:
        - Massive blowback (especially if you fit a metal slide although their availibility now is dubious)
        - An absolute laugh
        - You feel like god when holding it
        - Scares the enemy s**tless

Cons:
        - It's heavy
        - It's big and holsters are hard to come by
        - It uses a LOT of gas
        - Not much in the way of accessories SPECIFICALLY for a DEagle

By too heavy that is a matter of personal taste, if you are playing CQB and its gonna be your primary then I would say no it isnt too heavy but if you were planning on using it as a sniper backup, then I would advise against it!

Hope this helps

Andy
        There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives

Comment

Pros: Big mean and scary, kicks like a horse filled on sprouts and you can even fit a scope on it for those silly moments!

Cons: its all plastic but metal kits are available, huge, gas guzzler think of it as the hummer of airsoft

if you want a gun to scare people though get the tanaka m500 silver 8 inch

Comment

Well I'm a TM Desert Eagle expert, literally. I know the gun inside out, back to front. I've performed custom jobs on my own desert eagles (metal slide locks, custom fitting for Hogue rubber grips which don't fit straight on, various fixes and disassemblys). From what I've found, here are the pro's and con's including maintenance, reliability, performance etc etc.

Pro's:

- Price. For £80 off Zero One for the black one, it's a great deal. This brick of a pistol will last a VERY long time.

- Appearance. I personally find the Desert Eagle much to my taste and whichever TM Hard kick version you get, you're going to be very pleased with it. My brother owns a Chrome one, I've owned one black one and one new black one I had yesterday.

- Power. It's 308 FPS average stock, out the box with green gas. That's without warming the magazines too. It's got some cracking power to it which is one of the main reasons to get it.

- Realism. It's got a great kick (best you'll get off a Gas blowback gun I can gaurantee), is the perfect right size, looks almost real except for the BB's in the loading chamber.

- Accuracy. For a stock gun, it's good. Plinking tin cans at about 15 meters is easy. You can pop them every shot. For a pistol and not an AEG, I found it to be very good. Shooting a man sized target at 30 meters is easily doable.

- Build quality. It is honestly rock solid. You could throw it as hard as you want at a brick wall and it isn't going to break. There's no creakiness at all. It's also got good weight to it.

Cons

- The size may be too much for some people. You need a chunky holster for it and if you have a drop leg holster like I do, it will fly around all over the place when you run. You'll feel like you got two bricks taped together on your leg.

- It's not easy to take apart. Once you've done it a few times it's naturally easy, but the first time, it's fidgety and difficult to work out.

- Compared to some other pistols, there aren't massive upgrades. You get your standard performance upgrades such as high flow valves, tightbore barrels, enhanced recoil and hammer springs, but it doesn't go alot further. There's a metal kit available made by either Zeke or Guarder and a silly silencer adaptor, though there aren't any other upgrades. You don't have any rails for lasers or torches, the grips need custom fitting of Hogue grips and the only other things I can think of are custom spray jobs or different sights made by Magnum Research, which I'm not sure will fit or not.

- The ABS plastic slide and frame are excellent, but the slide lock which locks it back when you're empty on ammo will wear away very quickly. You'll need to file it back down to square again, or fit your own metal stop plate in place like I did.

So that's all I can think of. I'd definatly recommend it, it's my favourite gun.

Comment

Not really much point in having one really the same HOP and blowback system are in the TM hi cappa, SIG 228 and 1911 in a much more user friendly size.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post
                Not really much point in having one really the same HOP and blowback system are in the TM hi cappa, SIG 228 and 1911 in a much more user friendly size.
                Unless you prefer the DE over the hi cappa, SIG, or 1911?

They will always be popular because of COD 4

My feed back
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Alright, thanks for all your replies, another question, would you suggest it for a first pistol?
                  Armoury:

Tokyo Marui MP5
                  KSC Glock 17
                  A&K Dragunov

Comment

I got mine as a first pistol, depends how much you will use them I guess. If you do alot of CQB then there probably not the best.

I use mine only as a back up at a woodland sight, so noise and size isn't really an issue.

As with most TM guns if set right the hop gives these amazing accuarcy and range, but as previously stated apart from hi flow valves and a enhanced feed nozzle you may struggle with upgrades, but on that note who put external stuff on to a gun this size anyway?!

Also as for everyone saying they use alot of gas, that is true im guessing this is what gives them the more realistic "hard kick" but the mags also hold a hell of alot, probably twice what my mk.23 ones hold

My feed back

Comment

It's not a massive amount of gas. In 1 year I've used about 10 bottles of green on mine, my brothers and my hi-capa after going to a total of about 8 skirmishes. Gotta get back into it =/

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
                        Unless you prefer the DE over the hi cappa, SIG, or 1911?

They will always be popular because of COD 4

Originally posted by Jacob Genocide View Post
                        Alright, thanks for all your replies, another question, would you suggest it for a first pistol?

To answer both yes you cna choose it but the same performance can be had with the other New generation TM GBB's

No I wouldnt recommend it persaonally as it's big, a tad unweildy and getting a decent holster for it will be a pain. If you really, really like it get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post
                          No I wouldnt recommend it persaonally as it's big, a tad unweildy and getting a decent holster for it will be a pain. If you really, really like it get it.
                          Any large type holster on Z1 will fit fine, I have one and it fits perfectly.

My feed back

Comment

Wow, surprised no-one's mentioned this. The DEs sometimes freeze and become grindey if you put more than 3 or 4 mags through them in rapid succesion.

But they are great. Might have to be my next buy actually.

Comment

cons
                              - its to big and impractical, at the end of the day it still fires a 6mm BB like most other pistols, might as well get something that is more compact with the same mag capacity and better gas consumption
                              - it doesnt actually scare anyone, its an airsoft gun
                              - hard to find big enough holsters

pros
                              - good for compensating

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jacob Genocide Find out more about Jacob Genocide
                              Working...
                              X