Desert Eagle, Pro's and Con's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desert Eagle, Pro's and Con's?

Now saying it doesn't scare anyone, i had one (traded it for Glock 18c) and loved it. and when i oulled it out for the first time in a game, there head ducked alot quicker then with my glock. it may have been that it was chrome. lol

Oh And GET ONE, you will not be disapointed and wont get rid of it unless you get a 200% retern on it lol

Cheers, Matt
    Armoury:
    Upgraded JG Bar 10
    KSC Glock 18C

Wanting a GBB Rifle, Preferably M4, or an AK47 Aeg Package. Pm me With Details.

Comment

Sorry pressed it twice
      Armoury:
      Upgraded JG Bar 10
      KSC Glock 18C

Wanting a GBB Rifle, Preferably M4, or an AK47 Aeg Package. Pm me With Details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
        cons
        - its to big and impractical, at the end of the day it still fires a 6mm BB like most other pistols, might as well get something that is more compact with the same mag capacity and better gas consumption
        - it doesnt actually scare anyone, its an airsoft gun
        - hard to find big enough holsters

pros
        - good for compensating

Wow you seem to really have something against them?

Another way of looking at it would be that we are only buying "toy" guns so why not get something a bit differen't that may be more fun? Saying the size it that much of an issue is like saying m16's are to big, get an m4.

You will never really get much performance difference out of the two (if they have the same thing done to them) but yet you will still get people who prefer the m16 just because they like it more.

As for the DE's not being great for gas, well thats just something you will have to accept because as far as I can tell the extra gas goes in to giving the newer TM ones the "hard kick"
        also either im just very lucky or something but I thought any large holster will fit a DE? I have never had any problems with mine.

Also try seeing someone aim a tanka m500 revolver at you knowing it could well be a 500fps bb heading at you and not think "crap"

My feed back
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Not really, fair play if you want to get it cause its fun, but practicality wise its not a very good gun imo.

Comment

When has praticality ever had anything to do with airsoft lol, no one would ever buy support guns if it did or anything bigger then an m4

My feed back

Comment

Go on the US eBay and look for a desert eagle shoulder holster. I've just ordered in one of mine with the double magazine pouch. It'll fit nicely and you can carry it around then Drop leg holsters swing around too much so I sold mine.

Comment

Every airsofter, at some point, should own a DE.

It's the Grin Factor
                Originally posted by palmer234
                Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Wow 1 year and 1 month, new record for necro posting I think?

My feed back

Comment

it wasn't until after I posted did I realise
                    Originally posted by palmer234
                    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

When the makers of Team America wanted to put a gun in the hands of Kim Jong Il, they picked the deagle, as it was the biggest p*** take they could think of.

It's a gangster's gun. Enough said.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BillyWu View Post
                        Go on the US eBay and look for a desert eagle shoulder holster. I've just ordered in one of mine with the double magazine pouch. It'll fit nicely and you can carry it around then Drop leg holsters swing around too much so I sold mine.

same problem, so yea would recommend a shoulder holster if you do get a deagle.......which you SHOULD!!!!
                        sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
                        Originally posted by Kagedwolf
                        I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
                        Originally posted by Major
                        well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

only a con if your concious of looks.
                          but if your small you look like a muppet holding this gun.

For some reason its a gun the 5 foot nothing 7 stone weaklings go for this and a full size m249.

Comment

I have owned 3 Desert eagles, I have 2 left one is functional other is in a heap.

I had a ZEKE Desert eagle which was a lovely gun.... as an ornament, Gas consumption was beyond disappointing, range was pants and it just upset me every time I used it, may e it was because the previous owner of it didn't build it properly I don't know.

However the standard DE....

Its an awesome weapon! it will on a hot summers day compete with AEG's at range, I've had some cracking shots with mine over the years!
                            Accuracy is pretty damn decent when you realise the recoil of the gun.
                            Upgrades: DONT GET 170% Recoil springs for a plastic slide!
                            I have got a Railed frame from my desert eagle, perfect for sticking laser sights on... only downside is it does stop you using the iron sights. As others have stated probably not something with a lot of upgrade potential, but then again... it performs really well, gas consumption on a stock deagle is't that bad, in the summer you can easily get 2 mags of ammo per 1 mag of gas!

My final point on the desert eagle being "too big" Its a desert eagle not a Walther PPK, its meant to be BIG, I don't think Dirty Harry would look quite so scary if he pulled out a snub nosed 44!
                            You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Clint Eastwood did use a snub nosed 44. in The Gauntlet and he was still badass.

It's never the size that makes the gun good but the hand that wields it :D.

But anyway:

I own a Desert Eagle and I have to say apart from the problematic first start with the thing (damn second hand guns!) I have to say it performs well.

You point it at a target, pull trigger and 95% of the time the person on the other end will either shout "Hit" or "OH WHAT THE F*** THAT S*** IS HOT! CHRONO! CHRONO!".

Anyway I regard the Desert Eagle as the only gun in airsoft that when transfered from real life, actually performs better in a (airsoft) combat situation.

Thats my two cents anyway.
                              Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

Comment

Well, my trusty chrome one did the business on Sunday when the enemy got inside my BARs engagement range. Super accurate, massive range and fantastic temperature regulation in those giant mags.

It is huge, hard to carry, unwieldy and without upgrade potential, but in terms of gaming, it's better than you need.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jacob Genocide Find out more about Jacob Genocide
                                Working...
                                X