1911 MEU/1911 Review Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 MEU/1911 Review Wanted

Right, going to be looking at getting a new Pistol, got my heart set on a 1911 but ofc there are many brands and variations but I "think" I'm pretty dead set on a MEU. Yes I can google but I know a bunch of the Z1 forums seem to be dead into their 1911's and well with around £140 to play with for a GBB and I value the community opinions rather than some muppet review off google/youtube.

I was wondering if I could get some reviews from the 1911 crew and some opinions on the best make and variation please regarding accuracy and build quality.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ThePope; 10 June, 2009, 09:51.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Re: 1911 MEU/1911 Review Wanted

The keeper has an MEU, ask him nicely and i'm sure he'll write one.

Comment

the up and comming socom gear 1911 is suposed to be the best on pistol on the market. suposedly theres a review coming in shotly in next months Airsoft International magasine.
      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Looked at the SOCOM gear seems very nice, the Ltd ed Tan one is sold out nearly every where mind you. You say up and coming as new or as they are a newish company making a mark?

Comment

WA 1911s are absolutely gorgeous and shoot great

SOCOM gear are not a new company but they are quite unknown, but the stuff they have made so far seems to be great stuff
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by sheard View Post
            the up and comming socom gear 1911 is suposed to be the best on pistol on the market. suposedly theres a review coming in shotly in next months Airsoft International magasine.
            They look nice but they're WE based so I would be very skeptical of that.

Anyway have both a TM 1911a1 and a TM MEU and both are cracking wee shooters.

Accurate, good range, well made, well priced.
            > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

What's the weight on the TM's like? Would like a nice bit of weight on em and the TM is full plastic yeah?

Comment

TM's are quite light, and weighted towards the back when the mag is in (very unbalanced)...
                Trader Feedback:
                New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Yeah, is what I was worried about, when spending £140ish on a pistol I kinda wanna get it right, metal slides etc are easy to fit and easy to find for a TM I guess though?

Comment

hummmm well i read the staff shooters in AI and he said the socom gear is the best skirmish/looking pistol he has owned and said its balanced just like the real thing. also theres loads of free extras like hard case lanyard and silencer!
                    Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Originally posted by sheard View Post
                      hummmm well i read the staff shooters in AI and he said the socom gear is the best skirmish/looking pistol he has owned and said its balanced just like the real thing. also theres loads of free extras like hard case lanyard and silencer!
                      That the black one without rails yeah?

Comment

Got the TM MEU, it spanks the WE all over the shop (as usual)

The Socom gear was reviewed vs. the TM and the TM came clearly better on performance. The Socom gear's only good thing is that it is metal.

As for it being bundled with stuff, when has an airsoft company ever given anything away that is remotely worth having?

Do yourself a favour and get the TM.

If you want reviews, google for them. There are sh1tloads.

Also, it is not unbalanced imho. It also sits nice and flat in the hand when firing, so you can get plenty of plastic on target quickly
                        Last edited by blam; 11 June, 2009, 09:44. Reason: Edit- forgot something

Comment

It is true, the TM does have better performance (the grouping difference was something like 20mm). BUT, I reckon with a new bucking (just a TM one) and good clean, the Socom Gear would be right up there with it. With a new TB I reckon it would be even better.

blam - no offense bud, but TM's definitely are unbalanced (until you metal kit them up). It falls backwards on something like a 4:1 weight ratio (much heavier back end). It would be silly to argue, as the whole front side is plastic, with all of it's metal parts sitting in the back.
                          Trader Feedback:
                          New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                          Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Isn't the Socom Gear just a rebranded WE?

Comment

Yes and no, from what I see or can gather is its upgraded and has better trades? Ta for the help guys apreciate it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                              Working...
                              X