1911 MEU/1911 Review Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1911 MEU/1911 Review Wanted

Why has no one mentioned ARMY, or Tercel.

Tercel are producing full TM 1911 clones, the quality of metal is on par with the Gaurder TM 1911 metal kits, i know as ive owned both.

The Tercel 1911 fires nicer, smoother and far cripser than my gaurder kitted 1911 did, and weighs quite a bit but is nicely balanced.

The Army 1911's are great, teh ARMY MEU is one of the smoothest feeling 1911's ive ever held, full metal and good balance, needs a barrel clean out hte box but after that its fine.

oh, the best part, cost about £40~ to buy and get into the UK :P
    Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
    Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
    2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

thats good to hear about the ARMY ones, low prices tend to put buyers off, especially full metal guns for so cheap
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

The TM MEU is a beast. The only neagtive point is gas consumption, you really only just get you mag out of one fill, and sometimes less on a cold day.

Despite that, it takes green no problem, nice feel and weight to it, kicks like a mule, and has a range that you just don't argue with. Well worth the £140 odd you'll pay for it.

Comment

After seeing drakes pic's it looks stunning. Still the whole plastic thing bothers me. It robust enough?

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

From experience, it can be a little flimsy. I've had a TM glock and mk.23, both being plastic. And they are tough enough, but once you strip them down, you notice how wobily the slides are.

Nothing to worry about, it's very duarable with the internals in.

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
              It is true, the TM does have better performance (the grouping difference was something like 20mm). BUT, I reckon with a new bucking (just a TM one) and good clean, the Socom Gear would be right up there with it. With a new TB I reckon it would be even better.

blam - no offense bud, but TM's definitely are unbalanced (until you metal kit them up). It falls backwards on something like a 4:1 weight ratio (much heavier back end). It would be silly to argue, as the whole front side is plastic, with all of it's metal parts sitting in the back.
              To be fair no 1911 style pistol weather it be metal or otherwise is going to feel "balanced"

All or most of the weight is at the back given thats where both the workings and magazine are so your never going to notice any unbalancing even with full metal unless you have say a muzzle weight or a silencer fitted.

Socom gear can chuck in all the extras they want with their pistols but it wont do you much use out on the field if the pistol dosnt preform.

In my view TM 1911's are probably some of the better pistols out there and hell I ran my old tm 1911 on green gas since the day I got it and it never missed a beat which is something I wasnt able to do with any of my WA's.

Edit: Pope I wouldnt worry about the plastics mine have taken plenty of tumbles and droppages and it didnt do much harm but if it bothers you both VFC and guarder make full metal kits for a relatively good price.
              Last edited by -Drake-; 11 June, 2009, 14:45.
              > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

If i had to buy an MEU it would be the western arms one... currently own 2 WA 1911 variants and they are absolutely stunning and have great performance

i hate plastic guns, and while these are just plastic (the prokiller has a metal frame though) the finish, weight and strength of them gives the impression of metal

when my kimber first arrived there was a massive argument between me and my brother as to whether or not it was metal.. even biting it almost feels metalic

however TM pistols are also extremely good, ive used the desert eagle and 1911 and they are great, and owned a TM glock for a while which was one of the best guns ive used - got a friend with a TM glock with glock magpuls on
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I am also very fond of WA's as aesthetically they're top shelf but i've found performance varys quite a bit on 134a and in my experience they dont dont really cope long term on green gas.

I've had both my FBI trial and Xcellerator slides crack due to green gas and the costs to replace the slides is monumental.
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

OP, it's a rock solid gun. I dropped mine from a good 1m onto solid concrete (by accident...obviously), and the slide was a bit scratched and had shifted slightly out of place, but popped it back in and it ran perfectly. Needed a clean after the gameday though.

Comment

hmm strange, never really heard of WA guns breaking on green..

ive used green gas in the prokiller for the 5 years ive had it, full auto too

and my kimber + previous owner have used green gas in that going on at least a year or 2, fired a few hundred rounds myself from it in the last few skirmishes

only guns that have broken with green gas on my were my 2 KSC glocks, they exploded after a year of continuous full auto usage on the extended magazines - but it was kind of expected

Comment

Alright guys, to add my opinion, i own an Army R27 MEU, basically a copy of the TM MEU, i also had £140 to play around with. I chose the Army MEU because it was a good deal cheaper and its full metal whereas the TM MEU is a wonderful gun but lacks realism due to the plastic slide.

I have since played with both the TM MEU and my army MEu and have found very little difference with the weight being the only factor that tells them apart. My Army MEU was shooting 300fps until a mate dropped it and the back of the slide chipped off. That would be the big con for the army make... im not sure the build quality could stand up to the TM but at $50 for the pistol i wouldn't complain... just would suggest not lending it to anyone with butter fingers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth1911 View Post

oh, the best part, cost about £40~ to buy and get into the UK :P
                          even after all the taxs and postage charges?
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

WA 1911's ALL THE WAY! (I don't know why someone didn't say it sooner). I've had a standard Colt, and a .45 Longslide Hardballer and they were both amazing out of the box...
                            Trader Feedback:
                            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                              even after all the taxs and postage charges?
                              Yes, the gun is only $50, I got 4 of the army 1911's into this country for £200 inc a few spare mags, inc postage and tax, now if you remove the mags that means its about £40 a pistol
                              Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
                              Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
                              2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

i have two tm 1911s (a meu and a1) they are fantastic! i run them both on green and they hold up great! dropped them so many times i daren't think about it but they still work perfect with incredible accuracy
                                Originally posted by owainthegreat
                                You sir, are a potato.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThePope Find out more about ThePope
                                Working...
                                X