Ares Scar L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ares Scar L

actually, i already drilled it out and it works perfectly.

Comment

GRF3R, sorry for replying so late but this is what i am going to install in August, just want to make sre its ok.
      SHS 13:1 High Speed Gear Set
      Tokyo Marui Stock Piston
      Ares aluminium vented piston head
      SHS m110 spring
      Tokyo Marui EG1000 Motor
      On a 9.6V 3300 Mah Battery
      What do you think?????????????

Comment

Also i have found issues on the barrel, the two screws holding it in place strip very easily!!!!

Comment

As regards to the ares scar's in general, getting parts from them is almost the most time consuming and annoying thing known to mankind, I brought a faulty/ completely buggered ARES Scar H off here, on purpose i should add, i didnt buy it under the impression it wasnt broken, i have had to order a new whole gearbox from ARES which was my last resort as i was hoping to get one from this country but nowhere could reliably get me one, ARES were very good in regards to emails and shipping so far, it cost me $129 including postage via EMS and it was sent on the 29th of last month and im just waiting for it to clear customs, tbh ARES externals are brilliant but internals are a bit naff the original gearbox in my SCAR H had cracked/shattered completely, word of warning/advice, if you quick change the barrel at any point double check the hop is defiantly turned off, otherwise the nub has a tendency to become unstuck from the hop arm as this had happened to my mates ARES Scar L and the nub is just lightly glued to the hop arm, but tbh im sure that you know I just wanted to make sure

Comment

129$ for a gearbox. OMG, you could it get for so much cheaper, the lowest i've seen is $90, but i don't know if the retailer still has it in stock though. Anyway, the gun is really nice and i hope you are happy with it. It's an amazing piece of kit externally, and through the experiences i had with it, the internals seem to cope fine. I once put extreme amount of pressure on it, and it still shoots fine. Since i bought it, the only thing i am considering is a piston swap and a re-shim. Other than that i wouldn't be more happier with it. Thanks for pointing out the hop-up problem, i actually didn't know about it as i'm always careless with what i do. Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThE LeGenD I know a fair amount about AEG's and i am in the sport. Find out more about ThE LeGenD
            Working...
            X