G&P Sentry Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P Sentry Review

This is a review of my brand new G&P Sentry which I purchased last week from a retailer that shall remain unnamed. I bought this gun as I fancied a change from my ICS M4 pro-line full stuck, which by all accounts is a fantastic gun.

So I'll start with the basics.

Make: G&P
    Model: Sentry (non magpul) Black
    FPS: Stock 370
    Price: £305

First impressions

When I first picked the gun up I think I may have man-juiced myself a little. The feel of the gun compared to my ICS M4 was just of a total higher quality. It looked a little small but the crane stock when fully extended makes it excellent for outdoor and woodland games, yet with an adjustment it was a CQB machine. I bought this on the Thursday as I had a Resident Evil night game on the Saturday. I also purchased a Laylax prometheus non-linear spring MS90 as the 370 stock FPS was far too hot which once installed, the chrono gave a 301 reading every time.

The RIS is just so nice, it's hard to emphasise just how well machined this metal is. You also get a nice set of rail covers to stick on the ones not in use to prevent scratching.

I will soon be upgrading to lipo as this gun will fit a 7.4v lipo in the stock tube, however, at the moment I have an 8.4v 1500mah crane stock battery. I've heard people complaining about these batteries but mine fit in the stock with no problems and the charge lasted the full game with plenty to spare. It also gave me a bloody mean rate of fire which drew some compliments from the game on Saturday.

The VLTOR front sight and the rear troy style flip up sight are also very nice and easily adjustable, however, the front sight can tend to flip down whilst the gun is been used. A simple tightening of the screw sorted this.

Performance

It has to be said that the gun did suffer from the M4 semi-fire lock up (not just specific to G&P) but it was very rare and as the indoor game was semi-fire only it didn't occur as much as I'd expected. The rate of fire is immense, on full auto the sound of the gun is epic. The accuracy is also fantastic although the distances I was shooting weren't enough to give the gun a proper testing. I can't fault the gun as it didn't let me down once the whole night.

Pro's
    • It looks fantastic in my opinion
    • The accuracy and rate of fire were superb
    • The ability to change from a long range beast to a CQB machine is awesome

Con's
    • The screws on the gearbox aren't the greatest and can strip VERY easily.
    • The hop-up is ok, but if you stick a Madbull hop in for example the gun will absolutely blow your mind.
    • Some people may prefer a bigger battery and not want a lipo, unfortanately this gun doesn't accomodate that without having to re-wire and use a PEQ.

Overall

Overall this is a bloody great piece of kit, there is also a Magpul version available, however, I prefer the standard as I'm not a great fan of Magpul stuff. With a few adjustments like a Madbull hop and a tightbore barrel you can turn what is already an excellent gun, into an absolute beast. It is not without some issues though, as mentioned things like the quality of screws and the standard hop-up being a bit iffy sometimes do stop me from giving this full marks.

My rating then.
    9/10

This is my first review guys so any feedback on how you feel I got on would be appreciated

Cheers

Barlow
    Get it right roon ye!

Re: G&P Sentry Review

Nice review, good job.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
      Nice review, good job.
      Cheers mate :D
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Another picture of the Sentry with an aimpoint instead of the RDS, I think it looks pretty sexy.

Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Get it right roon ye!

Comment

I love my G&P Sentry :D I need to go lipo though it eats through batteries lol.

Comment

I run a G&P M4 (same mechanicals as the Sentry) on a 9.6v 3300mah. Battery lasts all weekend!!

Comment

Yep, I never had any problems with the 9.6 crane battery and the rate of fire I got off mine when fully charged got me plenty of compliments. Having had the gun for quite a while now I still haven't had any problems with it at all except the thread on the pistol grip getting beat up and that was my own fault. Love my sentry, so much so that I sold my ICS Full Metal M4 because I just wasn't using it.
                Get it right roon ye!

Comment

How is the sentry running? Still good barlow?

Comment

yea you managed to get any of those upgrades installed, tightbore, hop up
                    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Comment

Originally posted by beverage View Post
                      How is the sentry running? Still good barlow?
                      Funny you should mention is mate, I had an issue with the gearbox earlier with it locking on semi auto but it seems to have corrected itself, I think my battery is fooked so it's not cycling the gearbox. Apart from that it's still a fantastic weapon!

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
                      yea you managed to get any of those upgrades installed, tightbore, hop up
                      I had a tb in it but it was too long and coming out the end unfortunately so I sold it, however, I did put a few rounds through it and it was excellent.
                      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Ordered

Comment

Just a quick update on how the sentry looks at the moment.
                          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Pretty Bangtidy Lookin.. Have fun with it mate
                            If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

Awesome looking gun matey. I'm sold. Ive ordered the desert coloured one. Wanted something a bit different

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because I'm a bad mother...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barlow My names William, I'm 24 and I'm an airsoftaholic Find out more about Barlow
                              Working...
                              X