G&P Sentry Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P Sentry Review

What aimpoint are you using on your sentry?
    Any chance of a link?

Ta

Comment

That's more of an ACOG than an Aimpoint. Search 'ACOG' and you'll be in business.

Out of interest Barlow, why did you ditch the Tango Down style pistol grip?
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I was giving the gun a service and the big screw that adjusts the motor height stripped. I was going to get the same grip but I got the one I currently have with the finger separator from G&G, much more comfortable for me. As longshot said that's a trij replica acog mate smeg.
        Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Quick question Barlow,

Does the rail on the front sight like up with the ris/receiver rail? if it doesnt is the difference tight enough that you could wind out the elevation on a front sight to zero them anyway?
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Just gonna add on to this as i have TWO sentrys both long and short and im forever replacing gears. common fault with all G&P's cost about £9 to replace the gears but had it happen a few times. G&P also say this gun is lipo ready and i only use a 7.4 lipo in mine and iv still managed to strip a piston now and again :/ other than that I LOVE these guns with a decent hop and TB Im always out ranging everyone and ROF is fantastic!
            Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

another member of the sentry club here
              been running mine on turnigy nano-tech 7.4v 1200 and 1400mah batteries and some 11.1v 15c 900mah or 20c 1000mah 11.1v for mental RoF
              only had it 3 months all good so far , when the trigger points start to go , it's going for a service where ill get steel gears , sorbo , new piston mosfet , but not needed yet all running immensly well

got mine a bit cheaper (got it from airsofthelper) I'm a penny saving importer lol , never been charged over £30 import tax on a AEG (ordered 5 overseas)

specs:

- G&P sentry long
              - madbull 7075 6.01mm tightbore (363mm)
              - eotech 553 rep
              - aimpoint 3x mag with flip to side spring loaded mount
              - Mag magazines
              - systema hop up rubber
              - magpul PTS CTR stock
              - Larue tactical RIZR cheeck piece (pulls back so you can use charging handle)
              - AABB sniper grip
              - Magpul PTS AFG2 foregrip
              - Guarder SP100 spring

Comment

Does the cocking handle work? not really fussed either way just would like to know

Comment

You pull it once to expose the hop for adjustment, and again to close it. So yes it 'works,' but not exactly in the same way as the real steel or as some other M4s with fake 'working' cocking handles.

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Another member of the Sentry club. Mind was firing at around 360 when I got it. I did a few bits to ready it for 11.1v use and even though it's "only" doing 315fps, it'll do 25rps and sling a .25 a fair distance. Can't argue with that.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Are people aware that sentries (and a fair few other g&p guns) have short-stroked gears, and that just slapping a 310fps spring in it will cause many many problems in the long run?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

What problems would these be? After taking 2 teeth off the sector gear and taking 3 coils off a 380fps spring, I've not had any problems.

Mine wasn't short stroked by the way. Might have been a 16:1 gearset but definitely wasn't short stroked.
                        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Essentially I've had two sentrys and several other gums with very similar gearboxes in over the last six months all with pre-engagement issues because the owners have stuck m90 springs in them and then been a bit keen on the trigger on a 11.1 lipo. If it's done properly then problems are avoided, but 3 of these funds came to me after the owner had destroyed a brand new piston in less than 500 rounds after the stock one strippef.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

Brilliant review mate and thanks for the pics.
                            I myself used to own a G&P sentry (long barrel) as pictured.
                            It was several moons ago and is now sold but I absolutely loved the sturdy build quality and feel of it , its awesome stock RoF and its epic looks.

S1051215 (912 x 684).jpg

I am now on a much tighter budget and have ordered a E&C Sentry (Thai company) I think... don't quote me
                            I will update in 3-4 weeks when it arrives on its quality etc, if anyone else owns a E&C I'd love to hear from you

pic of the E&C sentry (EC801)

163_0.jpg

Comment

confirmed EC as a honk kong company (looking good already)

Comment

Wow. E&C really have fully ripped off the G&P Sentry design there haven't they?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Barlow My names William, I'm 24 and I'm an airsoftaholic Find out more about Barlow
                                Working...
                                X