Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing at Urban Assault AKA How to take a building

Originally posted by Ward8124 View Post
    I'm a regular at UA and I think some comments are pretty harsh and some true but I won't go in to that. Having played there for many years I find that the best way to get in the Police station is to use the cover of the old bike sheds and leg it to the building directly behind the police station where you can easily create a cross fire on the ground floor as well as take out a lot of guys on the annex on the bottom floor nearest the old APC.
    Pretty sure the bike sheds are gone mate. I agree some comments are a little harsh but that is in my experience, everyone will have a different view. I feel it has changed an awful lot over the years, but it is still one of few sites where there are consistenly more than 100 people.
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

my 2p

Ive not been there myself and tbh I dont think I will, it has a horrible reputation.

Last time my team went there they actually walked off at dinner, they said the marshall's were utterly useless and cheating was a joke. Like i said not my words just what my team has said.

Im off to camp anzio on saturday to see what thats like but we normally go to pheonix and ive yet to have a bad day there tbh. I do want to try the embassy as i live 10 mins away from that!

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
        Pretty sure the bike sheds are gone mate. I agree some comments are a little harsh but that is in my experience, everyone will have a different view. I feel it has changed an awful lot over the years, but it is still one of few sites where there are consistenly more than 100 people.
        There's still abit left standing which can be used as temporary cover but not enough to get an army behind mind There's also enough thick trees behind if you get a little stuck too.
        "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

The Bank, as mentioned before by B.E.N, is indeed in the shape of an 'H'. If you imagine an H lying down, the main entrance is on one of the long sides and the middle bar of the H forms the main corridor on the top and bottom floor with rooms to the left and right. It has external stair cases on the inside approach of each annex. Each annex comprises of one large room. It's a fun building to take but again friendly-fire is rife, especially if you manage to get up one of the rear annex stair cases and some friendlies come in from the front and assume you are enemy.

Here's a good tip: Assume your team assume you are enemy and shout "Colour?" or "Team?" before lighting them up. At least that way even if they are your team and they didn't respond you can be all smug and say "Well, we gave you the chance. Don't blow it next time!"

Cooking grenades is also a good call- the grenades are made with a nominal fuse of 5-7 seconds (they should have fuses of 7 seconds for safety reasons but they fuse they use can sometimes be a bit off), which is plenty of time for the enemy to see the grenade and react.

Comment

Inside buildings is it Full Auto or Semi?

Comment

full auto, most people arent very sportman like and use full auto everywhere but so do I

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                full auto, most people arent very sportman like and use full auto everywhere but so do I
                so full facemask and layers then lol

Comment

yep you got it wearing a full face mask gives you a lot more confidence going up stairs as you get shot in the head a lot. I wore a t shirt as my bdu top didnt arrive in time and got fully auto by a systema up both bare arms

Comment

OW!

I've got a full facemask so thats getting worn!! Also my large vest to soak up the pain.

I've got to say like I'm really looking forward to coming down to UA.

Comment

it is an awesome site got a good mix of outdoor and cqb play, has a few twats but adds to the fun of it. You always get a big turn out aswell.

Comment

sounds like quite a good site. not a million miles away from my mate in Loughborough who i pick up on the way to games either. will have to pop down at some point once iv got my m3 fully setup. my other aeg's are a bit too big for cqb :P

Comment

Loads of the guys wear shemaghs when it's time to step up and I personally wear a snood (not as thick as a shemagh but more breathable). Thing with face masks I find is that they can hamper your vision and steam up at the most inopportune time!

Still, to each there own and at least with a FFM you won't lose any teeth.

Or better yet, one dude got a BB stuck in the side of his nose- had to get a marshall to squeeze it out like a big zit *squelch*

Comment

I wear a half mesh mask and mesh goggles all the time now... i was sick of the fogging issue

Comment

I will be on site on 21st, always happy for people to meet me there

My advice for stairwells, if your team can't get up them first time you won't be getting up, they are too easy to defend if there is a lack of grenades. You would do better picking people off from windows outside the building to whittle them down, making the stairs conquerable
                              Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Right I'm going to offer my 2p since the only experience of something like this you lot have is storming the caravan at NTAC

First of. Plan who is going to enter first before you even get up to the building. have a number 1 and a number 2. while moving up to the building stay silent but move as quick as possible (i know I've heard some of your lot from a mile off when I've been sat up in an OP so leave the joking till before you set off or after you have succeeded in gaining your objective) choose a route to the building you want to take which offers the most protection, while not compromising on mobility. don't always take the direct route to the door. once you get there no 1+2 will enter , the rest of the team will hold a defensive perimeter then fall in into the building to assist if the clearing numbers get bogged down. You don't really need to use pyro unless you 100% know that there is a group of enemy in the next room, if you chuck it into every doorway the bad guys will just know you are closing in on them so will prepare their defences. Once inside the building 1+2 will move for the stairwell as soon as possible. everyone likes high ground so that is most likely where the bad guys will be. the rest of the team can double check the rooms on the lower level and then secure all entry points. as 1+2 move up the stairwell make sure they are giving mutual support. if guys get contact behind them they are now fighting from an elevated position and can easily move back down to assist the rest of the team and keep momentum going. once ready to clear a room. number 1 will bear right. once 1+2 agree they are ready n1 will move in quickly checking the left then in a fluid movement bring his rifle to aim to the right and then continue to clear the right of the room. n2 will be following straight after moving and clearing the left of the room. it is vital that this is carried out quickly and if you stall within the doorway you will die. the best option is to have a 3+4 ready right on the heels of 1+2 to give assistance if one of them gets hit.

If the building is large you could try entry from both sides and meet in the middle just be careful you don't blue on blue

remember speed and silence, and keep moving don't get bogged down or you will get nailed by the defenders.
                                this is what we have used before in airsoft games and it has worked well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

North East Airsoft [UK] Facebook Group Find out more about North East Airsoft [UK]
                                Working...
                                X