sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

I think optics are about as personal to a sniper as his choice of rifle bud. I know people who swear bling by fixed magnification scopes with nothing fancey. I personaly prefer having the choice of magnification and I have found an illuminated xhair helps no on my eye relief when shooting both eyes open. Personal opinion so dont hate me me

Curtis

Comment

lol no worries, im looking at buying a MTC mamba lite as the richter optik 4x40 mil dot i have at the moment will be fine.

Heres some 3 shot grouping tests i did about 10 minutes ago, not bad, possibly could of done some adjusting. targets were stuck onto a box outside. all details on target. i mean for a stock vsr with no upgrades as of yet, 20m groupings like that not bad

Comment

Thats an impressive grouping given its a stock rifle and your shooting position. Posibly some tweaks to your scope will be needed. I look forward to seeing what groupings you get after you have put some upgrades in.

Curtis

Comment

good groupings mate.

sub 1.5" ?

as far as optics go - as said it is rather personal. I am not really a fan of mil-dot scopes - i had one on my air rifle way back. but I just didnt like it really. - it can come in useful occasionally but meh.

i use the truplex reticle on my vsr. it does the job well enough.

Oddly enough i use a variable zoom on my air rifle but a fixed zoom on my vsr (4x) but i think that is simply a case of accuracy. I know i can hit a pin at 35m with my air rifle and it comes in handy to be able to zoom right in and examine the target.
          But with the vsr I know that I just need to see where the bb's are going. and 4X is more than enough to see a man at even 300m so it's fine at 30m.

simmons do good scopes - not heard of MTC or Richter before but they look ok.

mac
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Richter is a more budget class of optic from germany

MTC mate are the dog b*******, used by professional shooters worldwide, super clear and bright image as well as colour clarity, they are so cheap because they are dark horses of the optic world, people love them and compare them to mid range sub £800 ziess and schimdt and bender optics.

yea your right about the sub 1.5" its around that.

went out today to buy ghillie supplies
            got cable ties
            but one thing is missing, bloody Hessian poundland didnt have any sacks, typical.

anyone wanna send me some green hessian sacks? :p

Comment

If my pound land has some hessian sacks ill let you know

Comment

HAHA! Yes! Just had a result at work. Being in the waste & recycling industry at work one of my jobs are to monitor what goes into skips and someone has just tried to throw a black bag of fire retardant hessian. I will sort out how much i need and will post up any left overs. Best go out and buy some dye. :D

Comment

Ahh fantastic mate! let us know soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2359 View Post
                    HAHA! Yes! Just had a result at work. Being in the waste & recycling industry at work one of my jobs are to monitor what goes into skips and someone has just tried to throw a black bag of fire retardant hessian. I will sort out how much i need and will post up any left overs. Best go out and buy some dye. :D
                    score! lol.
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Shame my work does not provide me with such useful materials.....on the other it does keep me stocked up on free snacks for when in the field, so cant complain to much. Hope you put it to good use buddy

Curtis

Comment

Last time I spoke with my step dad he said it was a concept being developed and tested no actual word on weather or not it will go into production or service. He seems to be quite in the know about these kinda things seeing as what his ocupation is.

Curtis

Comment

Currently the police use (well Hampshire firearms squad) have the mark one AW AE (enforcement), i had a discussion with him and i said about my annoyance of the AWP

his response ..whats that

sums it up really dont it.

what really annoys me

ok you guys read it

The AWP was a version intended for use by law enforcement as opposed to military, with AWP standing for Arctic Warfare Police. The most notable features were that the distinctive frame is black coloured, not a light green colour. It also has a shorter 24 in (610 mm) barrel in comparison to other models. The AWP is normally chambered for 7.62 mm NATO/.308 Winchester or .243 Winchester ammunition though it could be chambered for other cartridges. The AWP should not be confused with Accuracy International AW AE which also has a black finish, but is a cheaper non-military version of the AW series.[8][9]

makes me rage

ive deleted this from wikipedia several times and some noob comes back and changes it to this again.

The gun was actually made by counter strike, they named it the AWP due to the fact that the game is cops and robbers and they cant use real names.

Comment

Just got back from B&Q with hessian bags so my ghillie construction mk2 can begin!

Comment

Haha good luck with the ghillie bud. Hope it all comes out top notch.

Wikipedia is notorus for having bucket laods of miss represented info tho buddy. I owuldnt worry about it. If you have the displeasure of shooting iwth someone who owns one and they start harking on about it you can have the pleasure of of saying "yes but i shoot something that wasnt made up for a computer game" and leave it at that.

It is fustrating that such s*** comes to the world but unfortunatly there is nothing we can realy do about that.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
                                Haha good luck with the ghillie bud. Hope it all comes out top notch.

Wikipedia is notorus for having bucket laods of miss represented info tho buddy. I owuldnt worry about it. If you have the displeasure of shooting iwth someone who owns one and they start harking on about it you can have the pleasure of of saying "yes but i shoot something that wasnt made up for a computer game" and leave it at that.

It is fustrating that such s*** comes to the world but unfortunatly there is nothing we can realy do about that.

Curtis
                                most shooters I have met tend to be nice guys and don't mouth off about kit. But you get ***** in every walk of life. nowt you can do about that.
                                other than the obligatory STFU.

the worst ones are people who think they know it all and try and tell you how things should be done. Had a guy try and do that when I was talking about blacksmithing. He wasn't wrong as such - just a tw*t.
                                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X