X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

sodding edit button.

My recommendations?

for airsoft - a full suit in any form will work very well. - though in all cases I recommend a separate hat as opposed to an integral hood. - a hat allows much more freedom of movement.

a stalker suit also works well. - this is the advantage of using a three piece suit - I can adapt the camo to the game/heat.

Issues with a ghillie:
    - they get HOT - often very hot. - you need to take on lots of water during the summer months. - I just invested in a 3L camelbak. great piece of kit. - well worth it.

on the flip side - they are a bit warmer on cold days.

they can get snagged on a lot of stuff - which is bloody annoying - I dread to think how much stuff I have ripped off my ghillie over the years.

padding is a good idea - especially on the chest - even if it is just an extra layer of BDU material. - as is a solid layer of canvas or something - this makes the front more durable.
    I have heard of people using inner tube from car tyres.

ghillies do not make you invisible the moment you put it on. - that takes a fair bit of practice. - you need to add vegetation using elastic loops sewn onto your suit.

- but be careful with using vegetation for prolonged periods - it will die and wither making you stand out.

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

for those of you into realism and/or don't like ghillie suits -

I was having a word with a marine friend of mine and he said they all use the web-tex concealment vest these days.

atb
      Mac
      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Sunday Im off for a days shooting and not knowing the site overly well Im thinking about implementing guerrila tactics for the day. I know that its preached with in snipers that slow is fast and fast is smooth, and that field craft comes before all else. That one should pick a spot make a mess of anyone who comes down range with 1 well placed shot and bug out when the going gets tough.

As a thought tho hit and run snipping? Engage target(s), down target(s), knowledge of field craft to aid redeployment. The redeployment shouldnt need to be more than 15m as that will be enough to by you a few seconds if said targets are coming back for a revenge killing or thow any information they may pass on to be inacurate. Thus helping your position remain concealed and allow for you to continue doing your job.

This might work better as a lone sniper as oposed to with a spotter but I see no reason why this couldnt be implimented with a team 1-3 in size.

Any thoughts on this would be lovley guys. Sorry for double post as well.

Curtis

Comment

a short video that tells you about airsoft concealment. Part 1 of a few

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEuGiqmNsc

cheers guys!

Comment

To brief dude. You have hardly scratched the surface of concealment and the legthss some poeple go through. Natural veg and abnormal shooting position are just two of the best ways to get the most out of your ghillie if you count that as essential sniper wear.

Have a good read through this thread there are alot of little tricks that Im sure have helped alot of people in there sniping career.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post

cheers guys!
              quite an enjoyable little video mate. you cover some good points but as said it isn't very detailed.

keep it up

Mac
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post

cheers guys!
                you could do with adding more natural vegetation. - add on some elastic loops and stuff the local vegetation into them. - it is surprising how little you need to be quite effective.

I'm nit picking now but I don't know of many airsoft sites in maize fields :p

mac
                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I know about the field, it was just an example!

Comment

I would suggest adding some elastic loops to your ghillie so you can add natural vegetation.

your ghillie works well breaking up your shape - try attacking it with a wire brush - that will make it more frilly and puff out a bit better.

putting scrim on the rifle works - but it is awfully dark. - Have a look at natural vegetation on most sites and you will see that it is actually very bright. Olive green is actually too dark and black simply NEVER happens (apart from at night - but even then you can say it is very dark blue)

I taped on some elastic to my rifle - this means I can stuff grass and the like into it - this really helps camouflage the rifle from the targets perspective. other than that - strips of hessian sack work very well.

atb
                    Mac
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

My ghillie. Unworn, unused, just finished.
                      Shall be leaving it hung in the garden for the next week and a bit so it should weather and fade a tad hopefully.
                      Note that in the second and third pics, the ghillie was only half finished.
                      When you make a ghillie, estimate how much hessian you'll need. Multiply this amount by 2. Then add more for luck.

Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

looks pretty good mate. - did you post this over on arnolds? - I am amsniper over there.

looks good to me. - do you have any elastic loops on there?
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Macka hes done what ..i cant remember his name has done , just a webtex ghilie and hes got paracord type stuff and used that for his hessian.

Mate best thing to do is get a hole in the garden, put your suit in it, fill it with water and then cover it back up with dirt, leave it there for a good week.

Comment

Yeah its currently just hangin outside. But there aint no rain!!

But yeah its just a webtex and its kept all of the veggie loops on it

And i sure am on arnolds! Im a forum wh*re
                            Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

lol aren't we all?

Purcy's suggestion is quite a good one. - or stick it in a bucket of muddy water for a while then hose it down and let it dry out.

Mac
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

If you don't clean it though, it is going to absolutely stink.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X