sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

mine smells - but it doesn't stink or smell particularly bad.

at the end of the day you are going to be crawling about in mud and bushes etc etc so it doesn't really matter if it smells. - I'd rather it smelled "earthy" than of smoke or something - smoke is really easy to smell for us humans so could give your position away.

rogue - add a few strips of un-dyed hessian.

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Thought i would share this little tip i heard about how to gain more hop up effect on your VSR/Bar10. I testet this mod myself and made a small guide with pics telling it step by step hehe

If you are having problems with your standard hop up, not giving you enough hop up effect on the BB´s then this simple mod can solve the problem.

The mod works very well for both 300 to 600+ FPS.

I tryed the mod with a 320 FPS spring installed in my VSR and i was able to carry a madbull 0.36g BB out to 140 feet+ with the hop up set to 50% ofcourse it didn´t travel as fast as a 0.25, but the accurracy was very good, and gave me the option of using more heavy BB´s at the same distances i would normally shoot with 0.25g, except the 0.40g was less effected by wind conditions, and more accurate.

It also works very well with 500 FPS+, just be advised that when shooting at 170-200 Feet distances you only need to have the hop up set 20-30% to achive good shots

Anyway, enough telling how good it is, here is what you need:

- Scissor.
      - Loctite or another strong glue.
      - A regular cotton swab.
      - The black plastic arm from your hop up that press down on the rubber.

Now cut a small piece of the cotton swabs plastic handle.

Cut the piece till it can fit in the middle of the hop up arm betwen the 2 small bumps. Then apply alittle glue onto the sides of the plastic piece and put it back and wait for it to dry.

Now you have a hop up that makes it available to use heavy weight BB´s with maximum benifits from the hop up at good distances with both low and high FPS
      Last edited by Mattias139; 6 July, 2010, 23:06.

Comment

Interesting...
        What kind of hop rubber are you using atm?
        Also, will this maintain an even pressure onto the hop rubber itself? If it puts more pressure on one side of the hop than the other, we're gonna get some dodgy spins.
        Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Im using the Purple nineball hop up rubber, but i am considering trying out King arms or firefly.

Well thats what i thought at first, but the plastic piece does manage to put a even pressure on the hop up rubber and give more hop up effect.

Personally I havendt exspierenced any wierd shots afterwards, and i have only heard of good results from people that i know is using this mod

Comment

aka the biro pen mod

that's supposed to work quite well. nice post.
            Last edited by Lt. Macka; 7 July, 2010, 18:56.
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Got alittle question to all the snipers out there

What are you guys opinion on scopes with Illuminated reticles?

Have you ever been in a situation where it has been usefull to have or perhaps it mistakely have blown your cover?

I personally have never used the function on my old scope since i havendt been in a situation where the regular crosshair couldn´t do the job. Now i got a leapers without ilumination.

But im just wondering what you guys think about it? Is it just unnecessary "bling bling" or is it actually a usefull feature and worth having in mind when buying a new scope?

Comment

they can be really useful, i've used mine on it's low red setting when in woodland before now.. all that bloody green.

Conversley i've seen "snipers" with big 50mm scopes and the illumination cranked right up and it lights them up like a christmas tree.. more common on the chinese scopes.. for some reason they like them really bright.

swings and roundabouts really.. what ever you prefer!
                http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

- I regret selling mine tbh.

they can be really handy for those slightly darker woodlands - particularly in the winter months when the days are shorter.

- expensive for what they are though.

Mac
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I bought a 6-25*50 illuminated scope from bestofferbuy
                    I thought it would be shiat seeing as it was only £40 but in fact its superb. Seriously immaculate.
                    I rarely use the illumination though... no need really. On the cheaper scopes it makes the cross hair seem wider, and I feel i have trouble aiming. Each to their own though.
                    Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

6-25 zoom :O sounds like alot, isn´t it difficult to spot the BB in the scope at 6+ zoom since it has to reach out a certain distance before it becomes visible?

Do you use the extra zoom for spotting?

Comment

I have found iluminted sccpes make eye relief alot better for me and allow me to shoot both eyes open with out losing my cross hairs in the woods and things like that. Scopes are always a personal prefrance for snipers tho, what might work for me may not work for you. They are very handy tho.

Curtis

Comment

you should shoot with one eye open anyway. - it is quite a hard thing to master though.

you have to mentally ignore/ block out what your weak eye is seeing. - this I believe helps prevent eye fatigue and stops "tunnel vision"

I tend to keep my weak eye closed when putting my eye to the scope - then I open it up once I'm looking down the scope with the other eye.

so basically open your weak eye once you are looking down the scope with your strong eye.

Mac
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I normally leave my zoom on 8* if im shooting over 40m. I like to see my opponents eyes go wide with surprise... :P

But the only reason I went for such a large scope was the fact it looks nice. My rifle has gone down the route of looking more like a hunting rifle than a military one so I wanted a scope that looked hunting-like.

ALSO**
                            with the tasco scopes, the smaller ones only have a multiplier for zoom, and no focus. So you can put it on 9x and everything goes fuzzy. With the larger scopes; there IS a focus (with the correct range (yards) labelled). Even at 24x at 25 yards I'm able to read a telephone number off a poster on a lamp-post because of this focussing malarchy.
                            Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

i do a weird thing if i'm waiting for enemies to advance. I'll put my eye up to the scope (right eye), then close it and use my 'weak' eye to look at the bigger picture. When i sight a target, i'll change back to the eye looking down the scope. It may help that I use a rubber eyepiece (dragunov style) though.

Comment

Personally i find that this is one of the main advantage of iron sights, being able to view the whole battle field and then being able to take that shot.
                                Granted i'm biased to iron sights as i would rate my self as a decent shot with them, having lived on a farm and grown up around a .22 rifle all my life and my current best shot with iron sights shooting a rabbit at 200 yards and nailing it. (probably due to a large amount of fluke)

Also i need some advice, i own a VSR 10 G Spec which i love, but can't have iron sights on so i use a tasco illuminated sight which admitedly has its benifitz. Any way more to the point i have a M120 spring inside with a laylax cylinder head, other than this its completly stock apart from the airbrake mod.
                                I have never had the opportunity to chrono it so what is this likely to shoot at?
                                And what upgrades should i get?
                                And Lt macka i appreciate your thread much Happy hunting if you still do.

Vsr-10 Gspec
                                Tasco 3-9x50 E
                                JG M4A1
                                Have made ghillie suits and will get pictures.
                                Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X