sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Google earth is your friend there buddy print off a pic of the site your going to and start of the day ask the site owner to show you were boundries ect will be on that map. I prefer the wrist mounted map holders you can get as you can mark onto them were objectives are ect with a marker with out having to doodle on the map.

Curtis

Comment

A note on the hessian. When I was making my ghillie last year, I bought loads of pre-dyed strips off ebay. I cut them in half - lengthways- & boiled them on & off for about a week. Then left them outside on the stones to dry & wear for about another week. I then attached them to one of those web-tex ghillie nets with cable ties.
      What I mean is, don't get too strung up on getting loads of sandbags. The pre-dyed stuff can actually be better as you don't need to dye it! Just make sure you boil it (This takes some of the colour out) & weather it or else you'll stick out like a sore thumb!

Originally posted by The Laughing Man
      Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
        Google earth is your friend there buddy print off a pic of the site your going to and start of the day ask the site owner to show you were boundries ect will be on that map. I prefer the wrist mounted map holders you can get as you can mark onto them were objectives are ect with a marker with out having to doodle on the map.

Curtis
        I have maps printed out of GZ in large and small (to fit armband) which i dont have i should invent in one really.

millzy i dont agree to 100% burlap suits, too big, heavy, they catch on everything, as i say veg is edge.

On a side note even though i have my awesome r700 i dont feel..well real if you know what i mean, everyone has r700's and a few l96's but i feel if i had a l96 or the like id feel a bit more real a bit more british, but if i got a spring l96 bar the TM it will just be a disappointment. hmm

Comment

You dont need to invent you can pick them up pritty cheap. But as I said google maps is free so long as you can work out roughly were the site is your shooting at you can happily print off a map and ask the site owner to give you a quick run down..... seeing someone do that would probably shake up a few of the regulars.

Curtis

Comment

Sorry i meant invest! lol just missed the edit.

Comment

No worries mate. I highly rate them cant lose the damn things either which is always useful on the longer events.

Curtis

Comment

don't get to GZ much these days mate - my friends tend to play over at the rock. but I will be popping down at some point this summer. Got an awful lot of uni field trips and hopefully an internship to deal with before I can play. lol.
                but I'll give you apm when i head down as it would be good to snipe in a pair.

map pics

http://img251.imageshack.us/g/dscn1811s.jpg/

milzy mate - that ghillie is pretty good.

it is said that a ghillie should be 40% hessian 60% veg. roughly. lol.

looking good though chief.
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                  On a side note even though i have my awesome r700 i dont feel..well real if you know what i mean, everyone has r700's and a few l96's but i feel if i had a l96 or the like id feel a bit more real a bit more british, but if i got a spring l96 bar the TM it will just be a disappointment. hmm
                  I'm sorry LT i'm going to have to disagree with you there, i bought a warrior L96 and i have had no problems with it what so ever. Mine came out of the box running at 500fps on the dot which was great for me. The only disappointment i had with the rifle was the bi-pod but that soon got changed. I bought that rifle nearly 2 years ago now and had it chrono'ed the other week and it's still running high kicking a .30g out at 473fps. So i would advice anyone to get one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                    Very nice.

I copied the map rampage had a link to before the weekender, last year, but it was so huge it was pointless.

I think I can feel a project coming on:p
                    sigpic

Comment

I know lads who have the worrior L96 and they are good as they are around the 470 mark out of the box, nice solid feel and a good wait to. Tho I would rather get TM, starting at that lower FPS means its easyer to taylor to how you want it to shoot.

Wise words from my head chef which I feel apply quite well hear "its always easyer to add than it is to take away" If you like having the 470 out of the box then the worrior is a good choice for sure.

Curtis

Comment

andy2359- fps means nothing. any rifle can be made to shoot at high fps.
                        you get a good rifle from good compresion,a good hop unit,and all parts made to line up consistantly everytime.
                        ive yet to see a l96 that can shoot as well as a vsr.
                        ive owned two l96s a maruzen with over £1000 of upgrades,and a modded warrior.
                        both probably shot further than my vsr,but neither were anywhere near as accuracte.
                        in my view the only l96s worth buying would be the tm or if you can live with the little diffecence the tanaka a.i.c.s(which is realy a m700 in a a.i stock),the maruzen/warriors are expensive to upgrade and in my view crap,the tanaka l96 is the same.
                        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                          Very nice.

I copied the map rampage had a link to before the weekender, last year, but it was so huge it was pointless.

I think I can feel a project coming on:p
                          *tips hat* :D

cheers mate. it has been a useful bit of kit. takes up bugger all space too as you can just scrunch it up in your pocket.

I was not impressed by the accuracy of the warrior l96 i used a while back.

saying that the first vsr10 I ever used supposedly had £500 of upgrades in it and could barely hit a barn door. lol.

I haven't dared look at the TM L96 yet as I know I will want one. lol.

mac
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                            *tips hat* :D

cheers mate. it has been a useful bit of kit. takes up bugger all space too as you can just scrunch it up in your pocket.

I was not impressed by the accuracy of the warrior l96 i used a while back.

saying that the first vsr10 I ever used supposedly had £500 of upgrades in it and could barely hit a barn door. lol.

I haven't dared look at the TM L96 yet as I know I will want one. lol.

mac

Is that honistly a bad thing? Wanting a TM? Id like to get one as my first bltie, been shooting DMR's single only when I have been sniping, tho definatly looking at getting a nice boltie as soon as Im fit enough to start skirmishing again.

Curtis

Comment

yes it is a bad thing because I can't afford it. lol.

Its like what a mate of mine was told about a systema m4.

"If you see it, you will want to touch it; and if you touch it - you will want it."

the TM l96 will undoubtedly be awesome.

my vsr is great.

ignorance is bliss.

mac
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

it does look sexy though. - he says drooling a little.
                                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X