Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is the best skirmish site in the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi_Master
    replied
    Re: What is the best skirmish site in the country?

Originally posted by MR123 View Post
    I've only been to one site as I'm fairly new to airsoft, but it's a great site for cqb - UCAP!
    Which one? They currently have 3 sites, Sandpit near Bluewater in Kent which is a vast quarry site, The Bunker in Portsmouth which is pure CQB in the dark and a great experience, and GreenOps woodland site on Hants/Sussex border which is also CQB but has basic facilities.

Leave a comment:

• Dentonboy
    replied

Having now sampled 'Dog Tag' airsoft at Holmbush, I can safely say that it is, on first impression, a fantastic site.

We saw two of the airsoft/paintball (sorry) fields yesterday, both huge, with a wide range of hides, buildings, terrain and topography. Great fun, with cheery marshalls and straight-forward objectives.

And the option of a half-day. Ace.

Anywhere with an almost entire helicopter wreck, which allows legitimate cries of "Get to da choppa!" is a win from me.

Leave a comment:

• Dentonboy
    replied

CSW really is a great site; a lot of land and terrain to use, plenty of opportunities to have mini-skirmishes outside of the main objectives and friendly, informative marshalls who are approachable. The players there are, more often than not, fair and friendly too. Very few 'Teflon armoured' players there. CS ran a terrific Mil-Sim game near Uckfield one year at a MOD training ground...that was great fun.

Ace Combat in Kent is my new local site; and again, marshalls are friendly, the site is varied and again, players generally fair and friendly too.

Hope to take in Dogtag Airsoft this month.

Have had the misfortune of frequenting a not-as-good 'darn Sarf' airsoft site in my younger days; too many 'Teflon warriors', no marshalls and repetitive games = no more custom from me.

Leave a comment:

• PUNKDADDY78
    replied

Well SCCQB when IOA ran it for the day. LONGMOOR with Hit - takers and EPSOM BUNKER are some of my favourites.
    Some sites are better when certain groups run them their own way (ahem IOA making single shot rule at SCCQB which made this site awesome) Epsom and Longmoor are both run and played by great people

paint brush with a trigger .... yes please

Leave a comment:

• ukpred
    replied

Dogtag airsoft Horsham west sussex. Huge site great marshalls and good players.

Leave a comment:

• MrStalker
    replied

Airsoft Edinburgh, Lovely woodland site with working APC's which is always cool.

Leave a comment:

• jim
    replied

Apocalypse airsoft in kent best milsim ive ever been too http://www.apocalypse249.com/

Leave a comment:

• Shadowsword
    replied

Out of the small hand full of sites i have played at so far, Dragon Valley is the best site have played at.

Leave a comment:

• x-ray
    replied

Best group of skirmish sites has to be run by Elite Action Games, Top players (regulars too) top marshals and class owners :D thats why their sites are my regular sites

Leave a comment:

• Tom Andrews
    replied

There is no such site.
    The best site in the country is the one you go to where the players didn't cheat and you got value for money.
    The players make the site, if they are friendly, if they 'play the game', congratulate you afterwards, then that is the 'best' site.
    The next site you play at, whether it is woodland, cqb or a mix, if the players cheat or the site owners don't clamp down on such people, then it won't be your best site, no matter where or what it is.

The site owners supply the site, the logistical back up and the games, they can't unfortunately choose the players.

Leave a comment:

• malcp
    replied

Originally posted by eatthis View Post
    are they gone i cant find them?
    No still here

Leave a comment:

• mr lean 81
    replied

Best site i've played at is Rype village

Leave a comment:

• bush tucker 75
    replied

****** ***** woodland is probably my fave, very good scenarios and great marshaling. Had some great days at the rock. Ucap bunker is good fun but i found virus was quite restrictive, the firefights always stagnated at the stairs. Ambush southampton is good. blox i found was well run but needed more work done on the site. gzw woodland is good but sometimes the fights need to be better coordinated by the staff, last time i went there were 50 deltas guarding an objective base for an hour with no shots being fired ! sopley was great fun under J, its still good but the best building is no longer used the mall is good fun, hopefully be going back there soon. hoping to go to challenge airsoft near holt soon as its only 2 miles away !! i'd love to go to longmoor at some point soon but 4 children restrict my playing time now !

Leave a comment:

• richw
    replied

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    Well the first time we went, it's was organised very well, the games were well planned, and there was no hassle.

Last time I went, it was chaos, games were poorly planned marshals didn't have a clue what was going on, and moved out respawn just before the game started, about 20m. Which just added confusion with no result. They also put our 'forward base' in the next building. A distance of about... 20m. When you go you'll see how bizarre that is. Not the definition of a forward base at all.

I also had a bfg thrown just over the top of my head, which rained down parts of building on my head. A Marshall watched the whole thing, threatened to boot the player off site, then backed down when he saw there were 2 of them.

Some people left just before/after lunch, and there was plenty of heckling of the marshals from about half the players on site, on both teams
    Ahh I remember that day well! There was a lot of new marshals to the site with a bunch of new players and problems weren't handled well (I encountered a few myself!).

Things are sorted now and the site has gone back upto its usual high standards. They do boot people off regularly for breaking the rules and someone approx 3 weeks got sent home early for blind firing.

I'm a site regular and nothing to do with F&O who run the site.

Leave a comment:

• sparrowhawk
    replied

badgertacs new site in aylesbury is well worth a try

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

relentless EPK Find out more about relentless EPK
Working...
X