Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is the best skirmish site in the country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eatthis
    replied
    Re: What is the best skirmish site in the country?

Originally posted by itaintsoft View Post
    Theres a free site i attend regularly called okami airsoft club.

Its a woodland site west of nantwich -Cheshire NW england on a private farm. I think there on google maps

Check them out

www.okamiairsoftclub.co.uk
    twitter.com/okamiairsoft

Sorry if this is a necro bump - came across the thread and thought id give these guys a shout out.

are they gone i cant find them?

Leave a comment:

• Boo-Sabum Ben
    replied
    Originally posted by iNK View Post
    Oh... I am planning to go to one of their games this Jan. FnO sites are usually awesome. What put you off it? I hope it's not turning into urban assault no.2...
    Well the first time we went, it's was organised very well, the games were well planned, and there was no hassle.

Last time I went, it was chaos, games were poorly planned marshals didn't have a clue what was going on, and moved out respawn just before the game started, about 20m. Which just added confusion with no result. They also put our 'forward base' in the next building. A distance of about... 20m. When you go you'll see how bizarre that is. Not the definition of a forward base at all.

I also had a bfg thrown just over the top of my head, which rained down parts of building on my head. A Marshall watched the whole thing, threatened to boot the player off site, then backed down when he saw there were 2 of them.

Some people left just before/after lunch, and there was plenty of heckling of the marshals from about half the players on site, on both teams

Leave a comment:

• iNK
    replied

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post

I did enjoy upper heyford when it first started, but after time after time having dodgy experiences according to team mates and my own last time, am hesitant to go there again any time soon

Oh... I am planning to go to one of their games this Jan. FnO sites are usually awesome. What put you off it? I hope it's not turning into urban assault no.2...

Leave a comment:

• psirus101
    replied

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
    for me it is the players that make the game!
    Amen to that.

I've been to one site that was excellent one day and a fortnight later nowhere near as enjoyable thanks to the players on the day.

Leave a comment:

• Boo-Sabum Ben
    replied
    The outpost, and any ucap run site.

I did enjoy upper heyford when it first started, but after time after time having dodgy experiences according to team mates and my own last time, am hesitant to go there again any time soon

Leave a comment:

• delta1ukc
    replied

F&O RAF Upper heyford has to be another one that rates very highly.

Leave a comment:

• baddbaz
    replied

Bunker 51 !!!! For those days when I fancy looking like a pizza topping afterwards Lol . Way too small !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Can't wait to try some of these sites out!

Got Eversley booked up for the 14th July and the Mall for the start of August, very excited!

Leave a comment:

• jonny lovegrove
    replied

Defo the people / marshall that make or break a site. Hence why i say xsite.

Leave a comment:

• hunter1actual
    replied

The Mall in reading is one of the best CQB sites went there the other week it was very good.

Leave a comment:

• Tango charlie
    replied

Try Northfleet... Run by elite battle zone.
    A massive 4 story building with seperate safe zone and loads of staircases.

Leave a comment:

• CHIFF_MoA
    replied

Nah, chobham is an old paintball site.

Leave a comment:

• Lt. Macka
    replied

for me it is the players that make the game!

Airsoft Asylum up in Scotland is currently my favourite site.

Spec ops was good last time I went.

Is Chobham an old RAF base? - if that is the one I was thinking of it was by far the worst site I've been to in England.

Worst site in the country for me has to be Section 8 near Glasgow.

Leave a comment:

• CHIFF_MoA
    replied

Places that I've been (that I can remember!).

GZ Woodland - Large play area with nice structures, very well run and organised. Love the rolling game format.

GZ Urban - Lots of smaller buildings, remember it fondly from it's previous owners. In the early days I'm sure it was the only urban site in the uk. A good fun site.

Elite Action Games Worthing - A pretty run of the mill woodland site, games were well run but nothing grabbed me as spectacular, havn't been bacm in the last 6 or 7 years though, so it may well be different now. Tom Andrews is a very nice and helpful chap though.

Elite Action Games Epsom - A small, self contained underground urban site. Very intense play, well thought out fast paced games. The only real downside is the small play area gets repetative after a few visits. Really used to love the lo-cap nights they used to run.

Ambush Chobham - Small site, some nice structures, not particularly enamoured with the way it was run... easily the muddiest site in the UK!

Ambush Wargames Eversley - Nice woodland and depending on who was running it at the time well run. In the last year the wheels have fallen off however and I'm fairly certain that both eversley sites are now closed. It's a shame, it was 2 1/2 miles away from me

The Mall - Great site, well run by someone that has been on the scene for well over a decade. It's a little pricey but it's absolutely worth it imho. The upstars shopping areas are a bit hectic, but the underground service areas will really test your room clearing skills. Great fun.

****** ***** Woodland - Nice big site, well run games, great structures, very well organised. Nicely prepared free food too.

****** ***** Urban - It's a motherfucking Castle! Same as the woodland site really. Well organised and an absolute pleasure to play at.

Firefight Electroworkz - Really intense CQB. Can't comment on the current group of people running it as it's been a fair few years since I've been down there. An enjoyable site to play at.

Fallen Heroes (Nostalgia Time!):

Firefight Reading: A wonderful slice of woodland just outside of reading. Started off my skirmishing career there 12 years ago. Varied woodland, lots of differing and interesting games and very friendly marshals. Great site, sadly missed.

Ambush Bramshill - Run by the same people that run Chobham so the same reservations apply. The site however was much more interesting to play on and significantly bigger.

Wiltshire War Zone - Hills that would qualify as cliffs! Very well run by a group of enthusiastic guys, has to win the award for best food served!

Leave a comment:

• itaintsoft
    replied

Theres a free site i attend regularly called okami airsoft club.

Its a woodland site west of nantwich -Cheshire NW england on a private farm. I think there on google maps

Check them out

www.okamiairsoftclub.co.uk
    twitter.com/okamiairsoft

Sorry if this is a necro bump - came across the thread and thought id give these guys a shout out.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

relentless EPK Find out more about relentless EPK
Working...
X