"squad" sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "squad" sizes

what are peoples thoughts on optimum sizes for small squads?

and how do you operate?

currently its just a 2 man team for me, since me and my mate seem to know exactly what each other is gonna do, and we both know how silently we can move, where as we dont know how well other people move through bush, and how well they can communincate what they want to.

i imagine 4-man teams are optimal, enough firepower to suppress, yet small enough to disappear into the bush easy enough...

your thoughts please..

Re: "squad" sizes

8 man team with two 4 man fire teams.

Charlie and Delta.

each 4 man team have the same make up.

ie
    Charlie
    IC
    support gunner
    two rifle men - one with comms.

Delta
    2IC
    support gunner
    two rifle men - one with comms

the smallest group would indeed be a 4 man team. I know thats how the SAS do it so who am I to argue.

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

well i would say if it's a single squad and not a 2 squad team like macka is suggesting i would say a 5 man squad. 1 sniper staying further back from the others providing sniper cover.
      1 or 2 MG 1 will work if not the 2nd could use lets say something like an M4, L85 etc to lay down front line fire to distract the enemy.
      whilst the other 2 i would suggest guns like P90, MP5 etc you know small in length guns to flank the enemy.

Comment

Same as first comment , we have 8 in our team consisting of two sub sections charlie and delta with varying kit and guns.

Comment

First time i played, was in a team with some guys using russion gear.. was awesome. But in total we had about.. 8/9 people, but dispersed. We had about 3 snipers, 3 ak's, 1 m15, and another first timer using a two tone. was pretty special tbh!
          "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

I tend to work in a team of 4, but thats simply because thats the number of mates I have that are interested in airsoft. 1 DM and 3 riflemen, we seem to do ok.
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
            Originally posted by N3ADS
            Is this you talking from experience ?..
            Originally posted by fijitstiks
            i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I personally like the 5 man approach.

1 on Long gun
              1 on **** *******
              1 on Area control (Watching the 6)
              2 on Sneaking up on people

I am old and fat so tend to be **** ******* or Long gun and the team I play with has two highly motivated sneakers so it all works well.
              Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
              Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
              Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

6 usually
                sigpic
                All I feel when I shoot someone is the recoil.

UMP.45 w/ ACOG
                A&K Magpul Masada w/ EOthech replica holographic

Comment

i think that a 3 man team works really well for moving in a covert fashion. helps to have a guy with a long-range rifle and a guy with a smg type weapon to play as point man... usually i pull point man, damn my bullpup rifle. recipe for bb's in the face.
                  sigpic

Comment

i fancy getting some squad based stuff on the go. just a straight up 4 man squad.

2 man fire team and a 2 man assault team for flanking.

minimum of 3 on comms. 1 on each respective team, plus one of the **** ******* team monitoring enemy frequencies.
                    Old Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38309

Comment

12 that breaks into 4 3 man teams to do fire and manuver, then you dont notice the 2 that slipped away to flank and take the enemy from the rear
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

we have 4 in our team
                        1 sniper 2 rifleman and 1 assualt sniper/rifleman.
                        Depending on the scenario etc, the assualt sniper will either dig in with the sniper and be his eyes and ears around the patch allowin sniper to focus on the potential targets or he will be called into 'action' further up field to get targets discretley but quickly so his 2 rifleman can move swiftly where the sniper doesn't need to give his position away.
                        All 4 have comms which works really effectiveley and it hads some realism to our game making it more fun
                        RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

a small team should only be about 4-6 people because the smaller the team the less people that would be seen and shot!
                          Suffering is caused by craving. This is often expressed as a deluded clinging to a certain sense of existence, to selfhood, or to the things or phenomenons that we consider the cause of happiness or unhappiness. .

Comment

Communication is actually the restricting factor. Any more than 4 guys and it becomes very difficult to shout messages quickly during contact and you should be spaced around 10 metres apart.

Comment

Being the indoor-whore that I am, I favour 3 man squads - small guy with twin pistols on point (essentially our recon and extreme close range), usually me as a mix of DM/**** ******* in the middle with something longer and more accurate (currently an M4 with an underslung) and then someone with something short (like MP5) as reart guard.

Gives a nice ability to stick together, with the two guys on the ends being easily able to engage around corners etc, while the middle guy can bring heavier firepower/better range where needed.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
                              Working...
                              X