"squad" sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "squad" sizes

i also play alot of cqb, and although i play with three other guys, we split into two teams of two. i'm really comfortable playing in a pair - especially if i know the other guy well, can predict his play and communicate silently.
    two guys are great, because you can pincer on any particularly good lone wolf player, but also stand your ground against a lot of other players. you can move quickly and stay in basic contact very easily. you don't have to worry about a large group of people or how to position so many players effectively.
    in cqb i find that the room with three or four people is often the one that makes most noise and gets assaulted quickly. i might sneak up on a room and get three easy kills because more players are slower.
    two players moving in a synchronised manner can be quick and deadly - against any number of opponents.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

i have 6 lads in my team atm but looking to push it up to 8 , or maybe even 12

Comment

5 man team
        comprising of:
        3 riflemen
        1 support gunner
        1 sniper

Comment

i second you on that minty we just need a support gunner for ground zero i see a possible m249 on the cards
          sigpicCOMBAT TESTED BATTLE HARDEND

Comment

I usually do it in twos, try and sneak though their lines then shoot a few of them and go into the bushes, then we do that over and over again. Its good fun!

Comment

Kee, Minty, what if I just got a drum mag?
              "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

I think that about 12 guys is good. Split into 3 groups of 4 one on each flank and one in the middle. Or if it's for one squad then 5 guys. 2 covering the front, 1 covering left, 1 covering right and one guys covering the rear.
                sigpic
                There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Comment

If you just snipe have two people; a marksman and a spotter. If you want to get into the action have a group of 8 split into two seperate fire teams.

Comment

The British Army Use Sections of 8 with two fire teams - So do the U.S. so I suppose if you take it really seriously thats how you do it. Personally I think 3 works best.
                    VK

Lightweight Assualt Boots for Sale
                    Size 7 but fitted me till I was a size ten.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...269#post610269

Comment

I think 6 man team all on comms
                      3 riflemen
                      1 support gunner
                      2 sniper

Comment

At my local site there are about 5-6 of us who work together and kick pure ass.
                        1 sniper
                        1 support (me)
                        rest are assault rifles.

We tend to get told to run ahead of the main group and start taking people out before they get into positions.
                        Works well ^.^

We have one person in our squad who well.. is scared of BB's lol and to make him run and medic my friend and grabbed his G36 and started shooting making him run to revive my friend -.-.

Hes our weak point hahaha
                        Hate.
                        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

I would say a 8 man group but split up into 2 groups

1st : -

1 Sniper
                          1 Support
                          2 Assault

2nd is : -

1 Sniper
                          3 Assault

and all with Comms (as im trying to make a group now :P)

as if 1 group is under fire the other can bail them out (at a suitable range of course)

Comment

Well you don't really need comms it just depends on how big of an area that you are playing on =/.
                            My lot are quite happy to shout out orders to each other after all we are students and cant afford to buy radios lolol
                            Hate.
                            "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

mate im a student too but i might just by comms either that or use hand signals :P should be fun

Comment

mate im also a student and i might jsut use hand signals instead of buying comms its more fun :P dammmmmmm please a mod please remove this dam computer loading slow so accidently done two sorry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kipper66 Find out more about kipper66
                                Working...
                                X