Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lone wolf tactics

Originally posted by Queboo12 View Post
    I know it's a bit off topic but what kind of gun is good for the lone wolf role?
    I favour a DMR when going lone wolf, one shot that I know will hit its target and has the range that I can fire on a position well before I get there so there is less to worry about. I think Lone wolf does work if your team know your general plan of attack/defence. Buy this let them know what flank your planning on uterlising and have them orginise to draw more away from that flank and to thus maximise your effect.

Iv found lone wolfing can make a brilliant distaction as well if you can get to a positon were you can distract a large defending group and sacrifice yourself so that your team can capitalise. Iv only been a lone wolf in CQB a couple of times and people have it t on the head its a night mare. Also far to much fun as well. You need to have all your sences about you to capitalise on the smallest thing.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
      I favour a DMR when going lone wolf, one shot that I know will hit its target and has the range that I can fire on a position well before I get there so there is less to worry about. I think Lone wolf does work if your team know your general plan of attack/defence. Buy this let them know what flank your planning on uterlising and have them orginise to draw more away from that flank and to thus maximise your effect.

Iv found lone wolfing can make a brilliant distaction as well if you can get to a positon were you can distract a large defending group and sacrifice yourself so that your team can capitalise. Iv only been a lone wolf in CQB a couple of times and people have it t on the head its a night mare. Also far to much fun as well. You need to have all your sences about you to capitalise on the smallest thing.

Curtis
      Do you think a cyma m14 (long version) be any good for this role?

Comment

i love going lone wolf i must end up alone at every skirmish ive been to, and that fact i go alone doesnt help but it can be great. some of the best kills ive had is when ive been alone i remember on a few occasions setting up some excellent ambushes at cerberus jus by waiting it out and observing what the oPfor are doing.
        i remember once being the last man alive in one of the morning games holding off the enemy for about 20mins behind the jetty near the river cos all my team had died and gone to dinner, the enemy were on regens and kept coming if it wasnt for the fact of using mag i had at the time i could of been there a loong time.
        there are dissadvantages of lone wolf but the only problems ive come accross is people on the enemy team not taking their hits either cos they think no one has seen them get hit cos they cant see you or they know no1 else has seen and just walk off.

Comment

Do you think a cyma m14 (long version) be any good for this role?
          Ment short version (m14 socom) sorry :S

Comment

Originally posted by kwalker233 View Post
            only problems ive come accross is people on the enemy team not taking their hits either cos they think no one has seen them get hit cos they cant see you or they know no1 else has seen and just walk off.
            i know what you mean... whilst in a bush i shot an enemy 20m i could hear him say "must be friendly fire" and then carry on... 2 shots and noone argues.
            sigpic

Comment

yea thats true the last time that happened in stead of the slightly nice 1 shot to the back of the leg, i opted for the less nice option and laced the back of his legs to make sure.

Comment

Ment short version (m14 socom) sorry :S
                Iv no experiance with a M14 but so long as you have the comfidance with the rifle I cant see why it wouldnt preform well in a lone wolf role.

As I said use all you can to your advantage and dont make a brash choice and you cant realy go wrong.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by stealthgunner View Post
                  i know what you mean... whilst in a bush i shot an enemy 20m i could hear him say "must be friendly fire" and then carry on... 2 shots and noone argues.
                  That's a great argument for making "friendly fire" count. I've actually never been to a site where it doesn't count, I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuits View Post
                    That's a great argument for making "friendly fire" count. I've actually never been to a site where it doesn't count, I think...
                    my site does enforce the friendly fire rule.. but some seem to think that "if noone sees me get hit was i ever shot at all?"
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes! Makes one wonder what's going on in their heads. Going to airsoft for a good day's "hunting" then in denial about being hit. It happens all the time though, eh?

(Some of us 'oldies' welcome the chance for a sit down and a cuppa when hit.)

Comment

i dont usally "lone wolf" i.e on my own. its usually me and a mate. every 5mins or so we stop, turn the radio's on, listen to what our team is doing, then move to a forward position (if we are close enough) and wait. having a radio is a must.

i always though freindly fire counted (well, least at GZ) i thought it was if its freindly fire, both people go to deadzone. makes people think twice before shooting.

Comment

Pistols only at the Mall in Reading, let the AEG's kick off the action, then when it goes abit quiet move fast and light close up to the enemy and pick you shots. Some pyro helps aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
                            i dont usally "lone wolf" i.e on my own. its usually me and a mate. ...
                            I think that's possibly called "dual wolfing"(!)

Seriously though, working in twos is more like what the military do, isn't it? And quite effective and lots of fun to boot. I love it.

Comment

I use the Masada when lonewolfing
                              sigpic
                              All I feel when I shoot someone is the recoil.

UMP.45 w/ ACOG
                              A&K Magpul Masada w/ EOthech replica holographic

Comment

I know it's a bit off topic but what kind of gun is good for the lone wolf role?

A quiet pistol.

I'm going to get a Ruger Mk1 soon and my God I cannot wait to start sneaking about with it! :D
                                My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
                                I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stealthgunner been airsofting since '06, been to 2-3 gz weekenders Find out more about stealthgunner
                                Working...
                                X