Using dead players as cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using dead players as cover

I dont know how people feel about this, imagine a battle where some of your team manage to hit an enemy player, they put their arm up, but instead of walking clear of the battle, they walk towards you, allowing their friends, still in play, to sneak forward to the next piece of available cover behind them.

I personally hate this tactic Just wondered how everyone esle feels about this.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 24 April, 2010, 19:39. Reason: need to stop this sort of comment

Re: Using dead players as cover

Some times on CQB sites it can be hard to get to the dead zone without getting in the way and being caught in the cross fire, acting as mobile cover isn't very sporting but then a dead player can't help if a live one is crouching behind them.
    cheers
    sigpic

Team B.C.T.U

Comment

there isnt really much you can do because if you shoot them they could report you to a mashall?
      Suffering is caused by craving. This is often expressed as a deluded clinging to a certain sense of existence, to selfhood, or to the things or phenomenons that we consider the cause of happiness or unhappiness. .

Comment

futbalhed: Not really, they are interrupting the game play by being unsporting and in all fairness, they are cheating.
        I hate it personally, and when someone walks through a massive firefight and complain when they get hit by a single BB, that annoys me as well.
        Originally posted by fijitstiks
        they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
        Originally posted by N3ADS
        Is this you talking from experience ?..
        Originally posted by fijitstiks
        i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

If it is a milsim/filmsim where a hit palyer has to be either CASEVAC'ed or mediced then I reckon its fair, but in a normal game it isn't something to make a habit of. However if you just use the distraction to move (not using the dead player as a shields though) I have no problem with that.

Comment

a few considerations really.

using a dead player as a distraction is cool. you might run off in the opposite direction or wait for the guy who shot him to say 'thanks for taking your hit' and then shoot him in the ear. dead people should be ignored, so any enemy who is paying too much attention to him (or her... it's happened to me) could get shot.

using them for quick cover isn't so fair. the enemy might decide not to shoot, as not to hurt the dead guy, which isn't cool. or he might just light you both up - in which case it's not really his fault. it's the numpty using dead joe as cover.

what i HATE more than anything is dead people who talk. fair enough, in a huge firefight, stick up your gun and yell HIT a few times, especially when you're walking around a corner to get back to the safe zone. you don't want to get shot, so make yourself seen and heard.

but when i'm playing a sneaky cqb game and get a nice bingo kill, or a lovely shot in some quiet place, and the guy starts yelling 'i'm dead, i've been killed over in this direction, by an opponent who is in this direction.' i'm going to shoot him in his big mouth. someone did it the other day, and i was so angry, so absolutely furiously livid, that i politely mentioned it to a marshal.

that's how far i'll go. so don't cross me...

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
              futbalhed: Not really, they are interrupting the game play by being unsporting and in all fairness, they are cheating.
              I hate it personally, and when someone walks through a massive firefight and complain when they get hit by a single BB, that annoys me as well.
              i think its unfair aswell i was only making a point
              Suffering is caused by craving. This is often expressed as a deluded clinging to a certain sense of existence, to selfhood, or to the things or phenomenons that we consider the cause of happiness or unhappiness. .

Comment

Happened to me last weekend at CSW. Cought a squad in the open, well light holly bush. Hit one fore sure who then staid exactly where he was while the others used his body as a shield to fire back. Proably hit a few more as my AK was shooting out a fair few rounds on full auto, and it was around 10-15m range, but not sure as dead player in the way. However my little squad took their hits, inc me, while their "new" tree took his, rest wandered off. Not chuffed.
                Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

I've heard the more stealthy tactics being used of a team mate dying and radioing in his position to his mate, ok slightly less annoying than telling a random person but it's still kinda cheating.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

personally if i am dead and the fight rages around me then i normally just sit down to try to get out of the way but without moving to block anyother lines of sight/shot. if im blocking a door ill just move to a corner or something
                    Armoury:
                    ICS M4a1 silenced custom, ICS L85A2, Warrior MB07 snipers rifle, Galaxy MP7, Double Eagle M56DL, TM Glock 17

Your God Is Dead..... I Just Killed Him

Comment

When someone does this to me, I rage. I rage hard.

But, when I do eventually kill them, I make sure to shoot them a few times in the ass as they leave the field

Comment

Not acceptable in the slightest! If I see people moving up behing their own team mate, I open up. If the dead player starts to complain, I just shout down range that I am aiming at his mates behind him. If I am in a situation where I am hit and between the enemy and my own team, I move! Common sense plays a key here- you shouldn't he moving to give your own team an advantage (I.e. Running toward your team). It's just a way of gettin yourself out of harms way. At a game a few weeks ago, I was in the process of being mediced when I heard an enemy say "I'm gonna use my moscart!" As I saw him approach, my mate was behind me. Not wanting a face full of bbs, I ducked so my mate took the brunt!

Also, First and Only has an interesting new medic rule: if the person you are medicing is hit, you count as being hit too. Stops people being used as rolling cover as they are being mediced!
                        Originally posted by Moving_Shadow
                        Gold Plated? Sorry, I spent all my money on the gun, can I just put some christmas tinsel on it?
                        Originally posted by Coz
                        Them Tusken raiders are a sensitive peoples, especialy the gay ones

Comment

when i'm shot, i stick my hand up and look down in a dispondent and upset way, and repeat '死人,' meaning 'dead guy.' i don't look at where i was shot from, or give any indication of who shot me.

i quickly move out of the line of fire and off the field in the best way possible. i don't walk between the enemy and friends, because i don't want to help anyone, and i don't want to get shot. if anyone tries using me for cover, i use my pistol on them - as far as i'm concerned, they're trying to get me shot.

a newbie marshal tried to help me the other day by telling me where the enemy was. i pointed my gun at him and told him to shut the 他媽的 up. then i snitched on him to his boss. he's gotta learn..

Comment

I was at a game four weeks ago where one of the green team was shot trying to get into a room. He was shot and with one hand in the air telling his team mate hiding arround the corner waiting to do the same thing, exactly where to cast the pyro...Cheating TW4T...

Normally if someone is dead and blocking the way, I continue to shoot at them untill they get the message...GTF...When they shout...STILL DEAD, I normally reply with MOVE OUT OF THE WAY.

Slightly off topic, but one thing worse than that was someone blind firing from behind a riot shield. He even had his eyes closed with his arm crooked up over his head to shoot. My team mate ran in and gave the shield a damn good kick...sent him sprawling...
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

woof, they sound like some pretty rough games going on. pyros in rooms? riot shields? kicking? shouting nasty words?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

glassJAw1983 Whatever Find out more about glassJAw1983
                              Working...
                              X