Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using dead players as cover

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
    futbalhed: Not really, they are interrupting the game play by being unsporting and in all fairness, they are cheating.
    I hate it personally, and when someone walks through a massive firefight and complain when they get hit by a single BB, that annoys me as well.
    i defo agree with this guy i hate it, and the whole walking threw a firefight is just a pain in the a*s i accidently shot a guy in the face the other day because he deliberatly walked across a fire fight for no reason, he could of took the other path that is a faster route back to the safe zone, but he decided to be an idiot

ANNOYING!!!

Comment

Too be honest i would just call that cheating and tell a marshal or shoot the guy until he goes.

Comment

Safety briefs usually always cover the 'get out of the way of the firefight' rule so if some daft sod is using dead men as cover it is acceptable to lay in some shots. Said dead men should close their mouths, cup their nuts with the free hand whilst holding the other hand up as a mark of their deadness and shuffle out of the line of fire or go prone. Just reread the op and you state 'allowing their friends to sneak forward' so that would be deliberate cheating and you would not be blamed for trying to shoot their friends but accidentally shooting them.
        Keep calm if things get tetchy, make a note of the hat/uniform/gun whatever and go see a marshall.
        Ah for a perfect world.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/BongoOldChap
        airsoft drone footage, games, shooting sunbeds, the usual airsoft youtube channel

Comment

ive only played a few times now actually this sunday will be my 3rd time and to be honest i was really annoyed on the last game that i came into game play - took time to get round behind the enemy shot one guy whilst still having cover from shooting up a steep hill and his team mates literally walked directly in a line behind the guy i shot who was walking directly in the middle of the view of me - they got to about 2 meters in front of me and all 4 of them who were hiding behind the dead man started unloading onto me, i felt so cheated and actually felt like just unloading rest of my clip on them but just took the kill knowing one my guys at the bottom of the hill hidden who luckily shot them in the back as they went by talking to there dead guy!

Like i said i just felt that it was so unfair when everyone else plays to the best of there knowledge even taking deflections on some shots incase it was a hit.

End of Rant!
          TK

Comment

Unless its deliberate, It doesnt bother me too much. Ill get them in the face when they look up from the new and unfamiliar cover!

What I really hate is people who walk through battlefields. This is especially apparent at my locals warm up game field, where all the dead players tend to walk up the path that runs through the middle. And by walk, I mean stroll.

People will be trying to shoot down the path, and quite often those playing are yelling at them to get out of the way, and all they do is stare at you as they carry on trundling.

THATS my pet hate

Comment

i think this is a sneaky tactic that verges on cheating (if they do it knowingly) there's so many people who sometimes dont even bother signaling there out but walk off anyway when im hit i shout out and get out of the way of others as quickly as i possibly can cos to me i think its cheating if you provide cover for your mates while being dead!

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                i think this is a sneaky tactic that verges on cheating (if they do it knowingly) there's so many people who sometimes dont even bother signaling there out but walk off anyway when im hit i shout out and get out of the way of others as quickly as i possibly can cos to me i think its cheating if you provide cover for your mates while being dead!
                Amen!

Comment

Theres also the dead players who stand up look around and then call out the enemies positions to their team before walking off lol....

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
                  Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
                  UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

dead men tell no tales is a good phrase to play by :D

Comment

lol like it mate

The Unit-13 Vipers are Recruiting
                      Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uni...92968847384478
                      UK Airsoft Wiki Moderator

Comment

:D it does get silly though sometimes

"OUT"
                        "hes over there by the barrels......no those barrels over there!!" *points*

YOUR DEAD!!! :@

Comment

Originally posted by ShauG36C View Post
                          Theres also the dead players who stand up look around and then call out the enemies positions to their team before walking off lol....
                          Then keep shooting them until they shut up...

If the marshals have a go you just say "I didn't think he was hit - he was still telling his team our positions."

Comment

Am completely against it, in RL if you shoot someone dead they aren't going to remain standing and walk towards you... Infact they aren't going to walk anywhere, this is basically the same as breaking the "dead men can't talk" rule but in a more physical manner. It's a real shame airsoft BBs can't infect you with some kind of temporary Rigor Mortis after you've been hit... Would even stop cheaters too...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
                              Am completely against it, in RL if you shoot someone dead they aren't going to remain standing and walk towards you... Infact they aren't going to walk anywhere, this is basically the same as breaking the "dead men can't talk" rule but in a more physical manner. It's a real shame airsoft BBs can't infect you with some kind of temporary Rigor Mortis after you've been hit... Would even stop cheaters too...
                              would be fun to shoot your mates too :D

Comment

Got to admit i think you should always turn around and walk past your team if you cant then you should get out the way and wait until you can, so many times you get as you say the team using the dead man as cover or even worse they walk through your team hidden up and radio back to there team

Or as i had yesterday at a local CQB site, there were 5 of us in a room hiding out in pitch black, we shot the first guy through the door who then turns on his torch looks around the room using the old fav " which way is the re spawn" and then walks out side to tell his mates where we are all camped up this tim eit was not to there benefit as a nade through the door soon took them all out

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

glassJAw1983 Whatever Find out more about glassJAw1983
                                Working...
                                X